Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    Same reason they'd resurrect Sinister. The writers want to use these villains in place of mutant heroes more often than not. It's ruined so many great X villains for me. Honestly if it continues on into the new era I won't continue buying X titles. I plan on giving most of what's been announced a try but not if they continue to obsessively use Sinister, Mystique, Destiny and the like. I'm just over it. It doesn't help that the Fall of X has been so convoluted and unnecessarily complicated. There have been a good issue here and there but not enough to justify the long drawn out mess that they are giving us.
    I will not say you are wrong for feeling as you do, but may I present a different take? The only options are to make the villains more and more horrendous and to have less and less a point (until everyone is joker/carnage/sabretooth) or to show SOME good in them. as such makeing room for new bad guys.

Magneto is a great X leader. Mystique and Destiny can be given a chance (especially with rogue and night crawler) but we need new bad guys to replace them.
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    The writers want to use these villains in place of mutant heroes more often than not.
    Dune being a major source of inspiration from the start of Krakoan era seems like a reason why villains and antiheroes eventually became the main players, with some more clear parallels - Exodus/Stilgar, Destiny and Mystique/Bene Gesserit and Sinister/Scytale.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I think we have our reason as to how they'll handle mutants integrating back into normal life: they aren't. The only non X-Men mutants left are the ones who never went to Krakoa in the first place

Rachel created the phoenix force this is Canon and Phoenix force part of Jean gave birth to Rachel