Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Gorgeous final pages. Hope was always the real Kid Cable - confident and self-reliant, and never without a side arm. I’m in love.

Somehow they remembered Forget-Me-Not enough to resurrect him

But please tell me thats not Mikhail under him. Why on Earth would they resurrect him?

FMG.JPG

I hope the Krakoans make it out of the WHR. Otherwise, it's just a new M-Day. All the mutants gone so that only a few remain to be hated and feared, blah blah blah. Not to mention, it means all the mutants in From the Ashes will be ones that had chosen not to live on Krakoa, so pretty much all the world-building for mutant society over the past five years really will be gone. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Arakko gets sent back to Amenth.

As for the issue itself, I liked it. Gillen is probably my favorite X-writer all together, so it's no surprise I'm enjoying his work. Also, between this and RotPoX, it's nice to actually feel like I'm in the Krakoa Era again. Because for the past year or so, it's really just been mutants out in the world being hated and feared. I am really, really going to miss Krakoa, so I'm glad we're getting some actual Krakoa vibes before it's done.

How are they completing the resurrections without Cerebro?

Pretty sure having a cradle means they have the helmet. They make a point to bring it up in one of the issues.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Pretty sure having a cradle means they have the helmet. They make a point to bring it up in one of the issues.
    but how did they get the helmet within the WHR? Alot of this stuff is too convoluted and confusing to remember and follow. I especially dont like the changes done with the concept of the WHR

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post

I love him so much
    Oh that’s Hellion? I thought it was Henry Rollins.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Oh that’s Hellion? I thought it was Henry Rollins.
    I think he's a bit too small looking to be Henry Rollins.

I don't know how you all are invested in this convoluted mess, or think that Gillen's actually a good writer? Krakoa was over the minute Hickman was pushed aside. Thank the Goddess for Lord Ewing's work, but let's just wrap this up. Not that Brevoort's line is looking promising either.... At least we still have X-Men '97!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Criticalfan View Post
    I guess i am a little cold to & not enjoying the plot & its minutiae because of my taste and reaction to earlier things I perceived as "mistakes" but I can admit that these issues today, taken out of that context, are trying their best to land the Boeing 737 Max that is Fall of X
    I don't know what this reference alludes to but i am going to go with my gut and believe it is something bad, which if so i agree.

Honestly, between Gillen's work and Duggan's, the former is better but only because of the low bar Duggan has set.

That said i don't want more Sinister and i don't want either the drama that is Raven and Irene or to be reminded of the fact that Nightcrawler got retconned for no valid reason whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I don't know how you all are invested in this convoluted mess, or think that Gillen's actually a good writer? Krakoa was over the minute Hickman was pushed aside. Thank the Goddess for Lord Ewing's work, but let's just wrap this up. Not that Brevoort's line is looking promising either.... At least we still have X-Men '97!
    I can't speak for anyone else but i am hanging in there because i probably have OCD and need to see this through or i am punishing myself for some sin i have committed and this is how i atone for it.

I will agree Ewing work with Storm, Magneto and the Brotherhood was the diamond in the rough...i will be sad when he goes because i know all his work with Storm and Magneto will take a nose dive in the coming relaunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    but how did they get the helmet within the WHR? Alot of this stuff is too convoluted and confusing to remember and follow. I especially dont like the changes done with the concept of the WHR
    It was already on Atlantic Krakoa. It's always been one of the five locations where they had a Cerebro cradle.

It's specifically said in this issue that they had a Cradle in the Atlantic Krakoa (the one that's trapped in the WHR with them), so they are able to bring back everyone. The Cerebro helmet is basically the Cradle. No convoluted explanation is necessary.

Unglaublich!

Mother Righteous transported the entire Atlantic Krakoan island to the WHR during the third Hellfire Gala. MODOK (I think) mentioned that the island had completely disappeared during the Orchis attack.

Extraordinary Member

I have no idea if that cradle would still be backing up anything and how many people will have big gaps in their memory, but the cradle was the least important part. They have the Waiting Room, so unless someone was refusing to get rezzed they should be fine, and I would think if there was any place that might easily provide access to 'souls' it would be the WHR.