Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    To be fair, the ones making the call on that at the time are people who would not give a ****. Only one you can side eye is Hope and, well she is Cable's daughter.
    Also, it seems like everyone knows about a plan and I doubt the plan is to side with AI and kill all humans but Rachel cuts off Destiny so the 'second' reason for Xavier working with the AI might still be a secret. Whether any of them believe the AI will honor their deal and create a prison island for mutants or not there is no way they are intending to actually take the AI up on it.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    If Hope dies or gets taken off the board, I won't be too broken up about it. Gillen is one of the only writers who gets her right and she pretty much languished from AvX - Krakoa. She would at least get a well-written send off that respects the character and most likely positively adds to her backstory.
    Agreed, and looks like Gillen also wrote a great end for the messiah arc so we can leave that behind. I still wish to see her back with Cable or doing X-Forcy stuff though :

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    So Xavier starts a genocide and literally only Rachel has an issue with it
    This is Xavier's Plan C, sometimes you run out of choices. But the real plan is to get the Phoenix to destroy Enigma/AI so he's stalling as best he can.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    I'm going to mourn Hope. Such a great character.
    Not sure the actual direction that will happen. But KG is the only writer that understands her voice well - this wrapping up the Messiah story is a very nice.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

I guess i am a little cold to & not enjoying the plot & its minutiae because of my taste and reaction to earlier things I perceived as "mistakes" but I can admit that these issues today, taken out of that context, are trying their best to land the Boeing 737 Max that is Fall of X

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    This is Xavier's Plan C, sometimes you run out of choices. But the real plan is to get the Phoenix to destroy Enigma/AI so he's stalling as best he can.
    I'm glad I was a somewhat right in my speculation. But it really is a dark effed-up plan even for what Magneto had foreshadowed about Xavier.

It will be interesting to know just exactly when it was decided to go from simple "get Moira off the board and restart the universe" to "No. Let's make this ending as convoluted and dark as possible".

I had a good laugh at Sinister...Sin-ister...being resurrected "for reasons". Oh Gillenister.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 04-24-2024 at 12:08 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    I'm going to mourn Hope. Such a great character.
    I love her and hope she survives. If she dies though, I guess thats a good enough reason for Krakoa ad the surrections to fall

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    So Xavier starts a genocide and literally only Rachel has an issue with it
    But Xavier didn't start a genocide.
    The A.I, Nimrod, Omega Sentinel and Moira did. They want to use Sentinel city to wipe out both Humans and mutants, and were already acting out their plan before Xavier sided with them.

What Xavier did is he's convinced them to not destroy mutants, but only humans. And to show he's on their side, he's helping them track humans in Orchis that would betray them.
    Meanwhile, his real plan is to delay them from attacking Krakoa (allowing the mutants come back from WHR and fight the A.I as the calvary), and to get closer to Moira (to activate whatever he planted in her mind as a child, probably to hurt Enigma)

The WHR team were okay with it, because they know the plan is just a distraction, and the main purpose is to resurrect the phoenix and stop Enigma (Enigma, the threat to TOAA, so strong that the Beyonders destroyed the multiverse in Hickmans Time runs out, and caged him current 616 timeline), so they understand the stakes could mean the end of their universe.

The cyclops team has no idea about this, which is why they are justifiably confused and pissed off at Xavier for going over to side with Orchis. They are fighting to stop Orchis from killing mutants on the planet, while Xavier is fighting to stop Enigma from destroying the universe

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I mean...it really is that simple.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

In regards to Jean, we have to remember that interview:

https://www.looper.com/1518762/marve...n-krakoan-era/

In the same way, "X-Men: Forever" is what's gone, to begin with, "X-Men: Forever" is what happened in the gap, as in, how the hell has Xavier [gotten] his team together? How the hell did he get Rasputin? And all those ... What is [Charles] Xavier trying to do? That's what "X-Men: Forever" starts as. And then it very rapidly by issue two becomes the dovetailing, secret history. It's like the white-hot ribbon side. In other words, the Jean side, the Phoenix side.

We've seen what's happened to Jean at the end of "Immortal X-Men." We've seen the visions that Scott's having in "Fall of the House of X. What's really going on with Jean? And, of course, the cover implies there's a lot of blood involved in this particular moment, and it's one of these weird things when I end up plotting it's like, "Oh no, Jean's absolutely key to it," but she's also like the holy grail, the whole holy grail, the blood of the holy grail, all these Arthurian aspects.

Jean grows and grows, and then consuming the book is the best way of putting it. I don't want to say much more than that, but Jean could not be more important to the book, but we built towards there because she is it; she's the holy grail, she's the thing that's being sought, the thing that's trying to find unity if you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I'm glad I was a somewhat right in my speculation. But it really is a dark effed-up plan even for what Magneto had foreshadowed about Xavier.

It will be interesting to know just exactly when it was decided to go from simple "get Moira off the board and restart the universe" to "No. Let's make this ending as convoluted and dark as possible".

I had a good laugh at Sinister...Sin-ister...being resurrected "for reasons". Oh Gillenister.
    Its been stated since #2 of Rise and #4 of Dead Xmen
    Xavier had 3 plans
    1- stop the sinsiter clon3s from reaching Dominion status in multiple timelines, cutting of Enigmas power. (That didn't work and they failed to stop the ascension in multiple timelines)
    2- kill moira, preventing the moira engines from ever being created, so Enigma never gets powered up and never comes online (Rachel amd the Dead Xmen team convinced Xavier not to do it in Rise 3 and Dead Xmen 4)
    3- Resurrect the Phoenix... which Hope is doing, while Xavier siding with Orchis is just to distract Enigma and buy them more time (which failed because Enigma was suspicious of Xaviers switch, so he went to Righteous and found out their plan. So now he's gathering an army of Dominions to ambush the phoenix force while it's still weak).

I think Magnetos prediction was the Hellfire gala
    "Charles will martyr us to save the humans)
    >which is what he did when he made the mutants go in through the gates to prevent Orchis from killing millions of humans atound the world

> Now, Charles is doing the opposite and is willing to sacrifice the humans to save mutants.

Also funny how, Fans uproar that Xavier should have let Orchis kill millions of humans and not made the mutants retreat. And are complaining again that charles is now onboard the "#### the humans, let the mutants win and survive" train

Xavier’s killing humans. Sinister is resurrected because we’d gone a couple of pages without him and is once again relied upon by the “heroes”, who at this point, are just plain stupid. It’s openly declared that mutant supremacists are in charge now and it seems like everyone is cool with that. Hope is overjoyed for Destiny for some reason (possibly the most confusing and contrived moment in the issue, although still not as confusing and contrived as Nightcrawler’s new origin itself). And it’s okay that all this bad stuff is happening because Exodus was nice to a kid, who apparently has to stay behind with all the other innocent mutants for….some reason?

I usually like Gillen, but this is bad stuff. I haven’t been a fan of much of the Krakoan era but I’m sad to see it end on a whimper like this. I’m only still reading because I’m too close to the end to give up and I’m hoping that at least some of this character assassination and damage to the core of the franchise will be undone x otherwise the next era is going to have a lot of work to do.
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — No, you move."

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Grayson View Post
    Xavier’s killing humans. Sinister is resurrected because we’d gone a couple of pages without him and is once again relied upon by the “heroes”, who at this point, are just plain stupid. It’s openly declared that mutant supremacists are in charge now and it seems like everyone is cool with that. Hope is overjoyed for Destiny for some reason (possibly the most confusing and contrived moment in the issue, although still not as confusing and contrived as Nightcrawler’s new origin itself). And it’s okay that all this bad stuff is happening because Exodus was nice to a kid, who apparently has to stay behind with all the other innocent mutants for….some reason?

I usually like Gillen, but this is bad stuff. I haven’t been a fan of much of the Krakoan era but I’m sad to see it end on a whimper like this. I’m only still reading because I’m too close to the end to give up and I’m hoping that at least some of this character assassination and damage to the core of the franchise will be undone x otherwise the next era is going to have a lot of work to do.
    I love this era, even the parts i didnt like, so maybe its a case of bias. That said, I can’t defend rezzing sinister, so its clear, other than the xmen just dont have enough villains anymore so they overuse the few that havent been redeemed or killed.

Xaviers ultimately martyring himself instead of other people, and rachel and rasputins deaths were merely a macabre form of teleportation. Its supposed to be tragic, which is preferable to the 00s trend of him pulling dick moves to play god with other people and then playing the victim. I am over deadbeat dad xavier.

Exodus is a villain as much as Magneto is, so id put him in antihero territory. Hope never knew her real parents so its not a huge stretch for her to be happy someone else got to even in as complicated a situation as destiny has.

Instory, it took the whole habitat they all built in the WHR to teleport all the xmen to fight and they didn't have resources to TP everyone ; meta wise, it would've been a different finale if all the noncombatants were being mowed down on krakoa.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post

I love him so much
    It's the Year of Hellion

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Assuming he was resurrected, it makes sense. But it's okay, they can always get cut off later.
    It will become his cycle, like Xavier with the wheelchair.
    Become an Iceman Dragonian...