Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I have no idea if that cradle would still be backing up anything and how many people will have big gaps in their memory, but the cradle was the least important part. They have the Waiting Room, so unless someone was refusing to get rezzed they should be fine, and I would think if there was any place that might easily provide access to 'souls' it would be the WHR.
    The Waiting Room is completely empty as of Resurrection of Magneto 1.

Quote Originally Posted by PopCulturePooka View Post
    Somehow they remembered Forget-Me-Not enough to resurrect him

But please tell me thats not Mikhail under him. Why on Earth would they resurrect him?

Attachment 139102
    Same reason they'd resurrect Sinister. The writers want to use these villains in place of mutant heroes more often than not. It's ruined so many great X villains for me. Honestly if it continues on into the new era I won't continue buying X titles. I plan on giving most of what's been announced a try but not if they continue to obsessively use Sinister, Mystique, Destiny and the like. I'm just over it. It doesn't help that the Fall of X has been so convoluted and unnecessarily complicated. There have been a good issue here and there but not enough to justify the long drawn out mess that they are giving us.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    The Waiting Room is completely empty as of Resurrection of Magneto 1.
    If all of the 'dead forever' mutants came to the Waiting Room for it to work in the first place they could come back to it now, or more importantly the writers can make it work whatever way they want just like the rest of this story.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    In a room with SoldierMessiah, CrazyMutantZealot and BlindManipulativeColdCrone, probably.
    I mean they have all the revived x men as well who don't seem to mind

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    This is Xavier's Plan C, sometimes you run out of choices. But the real plan is to get the Phoenix to destroy Enigma/AI so he's stalling as best he can.
    Yeah but all the people he's nuking are still gonna stay dead

Astonishing Member

Shouldn’t Beyonders be getting involved about now?

Their engine just died

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    It's specifically said in this issue that they had a Cradle in the Atlantic Krakoa (the one that's trapped in the WHR with them), so they are able to bring back everyone. The Cerebro helmet is basically the Cradle. No convoluted explanation is necessary.
    The only thing that I didn't quite accept was how Rachel has perfect memory of everything up until she got killed by Xavier.
    It's long been established that resurrected mutants don't have up to date memories; they only remember up until their last backup date. The loss of memory between backup time and when they were killed was long established as the 'risk' of death, and Nightcrawler's live memory backups required huge effort to do during AXE.

- An Atlantic Cerebro backup would not provide Rachel with the memories of being betrayed by Xavier.
    - Xavier would not be able to do a realtime backup of Rachel's memories as he is killing her, as Gillen has established that Mother Righteous is required for communication between the two realms (because if Xavier can upload Rachel's mind to Atlantic Krakoa, he would have no reason to require MR for communication).
    - If a handwavy 'WHR/Waiting Room' means you can be resurrected with full memories without requiring Cerebro backup, then it again makes no sense for Destiny to point out how essential an Atlantic Cerebro has turned out to be for resurrection, since it is not required at all (and Destiny would know this).

The only potential reason Rachel is resurrected with full memories is potentially due to her being uniquely tied to Phoenix and so can resurrect with full memories (even though clone Jeans haven't resurrected in the past with full memories) because it is occurring in the WHR. But that requires convoluted explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    The only thing that I didn't quite accept was how Rachel has perfect memory of everything up until she got killed by Xavier.
    It's long been established that resurrected mutants don't have up to date memories; they only remember up until their last backup date. The loss of memory between backup time and when they were killed was long established as the 'risk' of death, and Nightcrawler's live memory backups required huge effort to do during AXE.

- An Atlantic Cerebro backup would not provide Rachel with the memories of being betrayed by Xavier.
    - Xavier would not be able to do a realtime backup of Rachel's memories as he is killing her, as Gillen has established that Mother Righteous is required for communication between the two realms (because if Xavier can upload Rachel's mind to Atlantic Krakoa, he would have no reason to require MR for communication).
    - If a handwavy 'WHR/Waiting Room' means you can be resurrected with full memories without requiring Cerebro backup, then it again makes no sense for Destiny to point out how essential an Atlantic Cerebro has turned out to be for resurrection, since it is not required at all (and Destiny would know this).

The only potential reason Rachel is resurrected with full memories is potentially due to her being uniquely tied to Phoenix and so can resurrect with full memories (even though clone Jeans haven't resurrected in the past with full memories) because it is occurring in the WHR. But that requires convoluted explanation.
    Rachel can also travel along timelines so we can also kinda say that she can gain access to whatever information she needs wherever it is.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    It's because she was resurrected via the Waiting Room, not through a Cerebro backup. Destiny is right that having a Cerebro cradle was essential though, because that's how they grab the mutant mind from the Waiting Room.

Spectacular Member

Why don't the mutants tell the machines that their machine heaven is a dead end because of Enigma? Then all three sides can temporarily table their differences to fight the greater threat, or at least tackle it without the other sides getting in the way. I mean the mutants and Orchis are already doing that somewhat.

Why is Hope still wearing her Hellfire Gala dress? And why is it not dirty after running through a desert for the past few months?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why is Hope still wearing her Hellfire Gala dress? And why is it not dirty after running through a desert for the past few months?
    Destiny is still in her Gala look and I think Exodus is as well. Exodus telekinetically cleans the messiah's dress, probably. LOL
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Destiny is still in her Gala look and I think Exodus is as well. Exodus telekinetically cleans the messiah's dress, probably. LOL
    its wild bc on Earth all the dead ar resurrected naked but they all have their costumes in the WHR. You'd think Hope and the other HFG attendees would have changed by now. Hope, especially since her dress isnt battle ready

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    To be in the WHR is to be in a state of perpetual cleanliness. It’s why no one there really needs to take a bath or use deodorant.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Grayson View Post
    Xavier’s killing humans. Sinister is resurrected because we’d gone a couple of pages without him and is once again relied upon by the “heroes”, who at this point, are just plain stupid. It’s openly declared that mutant supremacists are in charge now and it seems like everyone is cool with that. Hope is overjoyed for Destiny for some reason (possibly the most confusing and contrived moment in the issue, although still not as confusing and contrived as Nightcrawler’s new origin itself). And it’s okay that all this bad stuff is happening because Exodus was nice to a kid, who apparently has to stay behind with all the other innocent mutants for….some reason?

I usually like Gillen, but this is bad stuff. I haven’t been a fan of much of the Krakoan era but I’m sad to see it end on a whimper like this. I’m only still reading because I’m too close to the end to give up and I’m hoping that at least some of this character assassination and damage to the core of the franchise will be undone x otherwise the next era is going to have a lot of work to do.
    The next era certainly has a lot of work to do, but I am not optimistic about improvements.