Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I'm surprised you're coming to this conclusion so late. From the second issue it was evident that the events of Rebirth had been altered, this scene made it clear. That's not the same contest that Nicola Scott depicted, it's not even the same stadium.

I don't remember this at all to be honest. I guess its because Rebirth was just more memorable to me and I remember commenting about how different it was, even subtly, from other WW origin stories.

Makes by point all the more clearer methinks
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I'm surprised you're coming to this conclusion so late. From the second issue it was evident that the events of Rebirth had been altered, this scene made it clear. That's not the same contest that Nicola Scott depicted, it's not even the same stadium.

Yeah, I vastly preferred Rucka's first run on WW, so it's probably no surprise that I had absolutely no recollection of his Rebirth revamp.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Yeah, I vastly preferred Rucka's first run on WW, so it's probably no surprise that I had absolutely no recollection of his Rebirth revamp.

Rucka's version was less about the contest and more about it's conclusion, with Bullets & Bracelets. Currently King's only had a sword fight, character revealing excellence though it was. So far I like both Rucka runs better than King. In the first run his set-up for Amazon oppression happened slower and was more suspenseful. In the Second Godwatch and the reinvention of Villainy Inc. was more riveting because of his callbacks to past continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    So I was reading the most recent issue of Tom King's Wonder Woman run when I came across this panel;

Attachment 139100

(Source, Wonder Woman Vol 6 #8)

As an HONEST and TRUE Wonder Woman fan I immediately recognized this too be an error, because this panel doesn't characterize those events properly according to Rucka's original story

Attachment 139101

(Source, Wonder Woman Vol 6 #4)

There was no mask in this accounting of Wonder Woman's origin story!! Not to mention...Hippolyta didn't really protest WW's admission into the games (hence why she doesn't wear a mask). She tries to dissuade her from participating sure, but it's not an outright ban like in the original story as told by Marston.

So, what does this mean? Is King trying to signal that Rebirth is no longer canon? Is he a secret Azzarello stan!? How cool am I for noticing this major lore change?
    Even if Diana didn't wear a mask for Bullets & Bracelets (she didn't in the Perez run), she almost certainly wore one for the Contest of Champions.