Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Both covers by DAVID MARQUEZ are my favorites. I absolutely love what he's doing with these characters from what we've seen so far. I really wish Fall of X was done so I could start reading this book. I especially love all of his design tweaks to their costumes. They all look classic while modern at the same time. Too bad he didn't design the looks for the other books.

Jubilee's new costume seems rather reminiscent of the X-Men's looks from the Disney Store merchandise. Especially with the jacket over the trenchcoat. Same with Rogue missing the sweatband.

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Jubilee's new costume seems rather reminiscent of the X-Men's looks from the Disney Store merchandise. Especially with the jacket over the trenchcoat. Same with Rogue missing the sweatband.
    Cyclops with no trunks?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    You're definitely not alone in your Krakoa love, many of us have just long moved on from arguing about it. LOL Especially now that we know it was indeed a finite story and JDW was planning his post-Krakoa era just before Brevoort was brought in.

I'm looking forward to this book and even though I love the whole cast, I'm excited to learn who else is on it and how the new characters will play into things.
    Echoing this. I've never been this upset over a reboot, and not because I thought Krakoa was perfect -- a lot of character beats did get tossed out of the window unceremoniously in favor of a larger plot. The haters aren't wrong, I just think they missed what all else happened during this era, which was the first time the x-men felt a little dangerous and more than anything -- Interesting -- since maybe AOA. And it's not that I haven't enjoyed stories since that long, but more than anything one character beat, the x-men is about change, and there hasn't really been much that wasn't spitting on the books because of movie rights, with books largely helmed by the same editor we're getting.

But if we're all determined to have a "franchise" that never, ever changes substantially (how I've come to viscerally loathe that word), then I can honestly be OK that at least *someone* is happy with what's coming. Truly. I'll state my opinion, but I'm not actively trying to rain on anyone's parade.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To be fair the main team were mostly living in a treehouse, I think one of the rare times we saw them mingling outside of it was in Dark Web when they were Christmas shopping.
    We saw them spending time in Madripoor with the residents after saving them, they also had a barbecue with human civilians, not to mention the number of times they saved the earth or saved a city in several countries or had the path have interaction with civilians they even welcomed civilians in their tree I think it was during judgment day.

all the mutant teams were generally outside of krakoa and had interactions with the outside world, so I don't understand the myth that the mutants remained cloistered in krakoa.

besides that makes the synopsis of nyx completely stupid since kamala lives in jersey, laura was in new york with the x-men, sophie lived with her sisters and their mother on the own island outside of krakoa and prodigy lived in krakoa but often left the island to work with x-factor.
    and anyway the mutants had portals to go everywhere in the world they weren't really disconnected with "the real world".

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    Cyclops with no trunks?
    Logan as well.

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Logan as well.

The trunks break all that blue and make it look better. At least imo

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Yeah. I love that Andy Kubert one too, but they're rocking their old 90s suits in that one versus the newer ones.
    Well yeah Andy Kuberts one is the 90's gold blue team homage of course its not new outfits
    X-Men Forever

I remember when I thought they were going to make an X-Men cartoon with these designs.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I remember when I thought they were going to make an X-Men cartoon with these designs.
    Same, I'm glad we didn't though. The 97' design look a ton better.

I can't choose between the Marquez & Yu variants so I might as well get both.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Rogue Keeps the X-Men's Dream Alive in New 'Uncanny X-Men' #1 Variant Covers
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-david-marquez

DAVID MARQUEZ

LEINIL FRANCIS YU

LUCIANO VECCHIO
    Dear God I had to look at these to cleanse my eyes of that awful art for the Mystique & Destiny wedding special.

But these look great. Digging Rogue and Jubilee especially.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Anyone finding any textless versions of these covers? I'd love to see them without the logo haha.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Same, I'm glad we didn't though. The 97' design look a ton better.
    And knowing how Marvel Animation looked at the time...probably for the best.

Spectacular Member Galen Nycroft's Avatar

We need inkers/finishers to return to comics. Nice covers, but the inking is kind of rough.