Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    ADAM KUBERT

This is ANDY not Adam. And he doesn't draw much anymore. A legendary 90s X-Artist for me, its gorgeous. I always preferred him to be the better of the two talent brothers. Replace Colossus with Bishop and it will really be the 90s team.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I like Marquez's variant. It probably should be the regular cover.
    Yeah, actually the more I look at them, I think I like the Marquez cover best. Even over the Leinil Yu one, which is good.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Nycroft View Post
    I am looking forward to seeing mutants back in the "real world" and interacting with the rest of the planet. I got so sick of seeing stupid plants and vines, glowing red berries. Got sick of lavenders, pinks, and turquoise lights and colors on every damn panel. Krakoa was not sustainable because too many mutants were only in it for their own personal reasons and not the collective welfare of the nation.

The whole island nation destroyed because of three women's selfish pettiness, that shows you Krakoa was only a house of cards.
    this was already the case during krakoa, the x-men was in new york, the marauders were on a boat and went around the world to save mutants, x-force and x-factor lived in krakoa but spent more time outside the island for their missions too.
    Only Kurt the Legion's team worked in Krakoa.

Krakoa was destroyed by orchis of genocidal humans with the blessing of the governments of the world... not by the pettiness of three women (moira, destiny, mystic I guess) even without moira orchis would have attacked krakoa.
    on the other hand, few can say that the council is also responsible for having voted not to eliminate orchis from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by mugen View Post
    this was already the case during krakoa, the x-men was in new york, the marauders were on a boat and went around the world to save mutants, x-force and x-factor lived in krakoa but spent more time outside the island for their missions too.
    Only Kurt the Legion's team worked in Krakoa.

Krakoa was destroyed by orchis of genocidal humans with the blessing of the governments of the world... not by the pettiness of three women (moira, destiny, mystic I guess) even without moira orchis would have attacked krakoa.
    on the other hand, few can say that the council is also responsible for having voted not to eliminate orchis from the start.
    To be fair the main team were mostly living in a treehouse, I think one of the rare times we saw them mingling outside of it was in Dark Web when they were Christmas shopping.

The fact that every cover may as well be an X-Men 97 cover is why I hate that line-up.
    It will need more than the possible addition of Monet to sway me.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Rogue Keeps the X-Men's Dream Alive in New 'Uncanny X-Men' #1 Variant Covers
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-david-marquez

DAVID MARQUEZ

LEINIL FRANCIS YU

LUCIANO VECCHIO
    I'm really loving all of these... but the Marquez one wins for me for how well it oozes the fun of it all.

LEINIL FRANCIS YU
    Love this one the most. So glad to see the X-Men return to form.

Rogue Keeps the X-Men's Dream Alive in New 'Uncanny X-Men' #1 Variant Covers
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-david-marquez

DAVID MARQUEZ

LEINIL FRANCIS YU

LUCIANO VECCHIO
    These are fine. But I really wish Marvel would do more experimental covers. DC's cover art game is out of this world. Even if they still have the same ol' team action pose superhero covers at times, they also have a huge collection of non-traditional art.

Spectacular Member AlligatorSky's Avatar

As if they didn’t go with that incredible Yu cover as the main cover! I’ll be getting that one for sure (forever thankful that Marvel don’t charge more for non-main covers like DC do by making them card stock).

Marquez is my pick, but they all look good!

ADAM KUBERT

Andy Kubert to me was the definitive 90s X-Men artist after Jim Lee. Nice to see him back with this team.

Quote Originally Posted by MVComics View Post
    the LEINIL FRANCIS YU one is my favourite ngl
    Yep, this'll be the one I'll be getting.

I feel like uncanny has the best variants so far ngl

Marquez Rogue is almost too beautiful. Not that she hasn’t been drawn beautiful before but damn, he raises the bar even further. Jubilee looks great. Kurt looks good and Logan too. Remy though, his face feels wonky. Too compressed.

Yu’s cover is very good.

Vecchio’s is good too but it’s a solo cover. To early for those on a team book.

Kubert’s is good. Dynamic Gambit at the center of it.

If Marquez did Remy’s face differently it would be my favorite, but as of now it’s Yu.

Those variant covers are incredible. Probably the best ones of all the new series.

I like especially Marquez's as it gave us a better look at the costumes. I like Jubilee's new costume, although I would have rather she used longer trousers, instead of the short ones (it's not in levels of cringe og Magik's shorts luckily).