Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

I had no idea so many people hated Krakoa. I guess I was just living in my own personal No-Space with my Krakoa love, lol.

I'm definitely going to be getting Uncanny. The setting and premise sound interesting, and I'm excited to read an X-book written by Gail Simone.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Kurt and Remy… have they ever been on the same team?
    X-Men Red was the last time they were together. Not including AUs like X-Men Forever.

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    I agree the Krakoa idea is just Magnetos Gebosha and Cyclops Utopia. It's not a new Idea. Personally I don't like the last 5 years. I'd rather the X-men be a team of heroes fighting evil mutants not li ing with them. They completely imo ruined alot of characters. Sinister Apocalypse and Moria to name a few
    Utopia was horrendous enough, but Krakoa turned out to be much worse and the complete antithesis of everything the X-Men stood for. No matter how long I live, I will never understand how X-Men fans could actually accept this because I thought it was garbage from day one. Glad it's finally over and should be erased, pronto. 5 years too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Nycroft View Post
    I am looking forward to seeing mutants back in the "real world" and interacting with the rest of the planet. I got so sick of seeing stupid plants and vines, glowing red berries. Got sick of lavenders, pinks, and turquoise lights and colors on every damn panel. Krakoa was not sustainable because too many mutants were only in it for their own personal reasons and not the collective welfare of the nation.
    100% agree. Could not upvote this enough.

People asking if Kurt and Remy were on the same team the answer us yes. Uncanny and Adjectivess in the 90s. The x-men consisted of Cyclops Phoenix Wolverine rogue Gambit Nightcrawler Shadowcat Colosus. Uncanny 362 x-men 72 is the start right after Operation Zero Tollerance
    Cyclops and Phoenix left early on but Storm was on the team. That felt like a classic X-Men team roster between Storm, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Shadowcat, and Rogue all together again. Plus Gambit who had proven himself to be part of that family dynamic and new recruit Marrow who was heavily promoted in the late 90s.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    For me, this book is the lesser of three evils. Unlike the other two flagships, there's nothing actively repulsing me yet. But I'm not really interested in it atm.

X-Men Red, Vol 1. I don't remember if they had any significant interactions though.
    They were on the same team together during Seagal and Kelly's in the late 90's when Kurt, Kitty and Piotr returned from Excalibur. As for X-Men Red, they talked to each other briefly.

People asking if Kurt and Remy were on the same team the answer us yes. Uncanny and Adjectivess in the 90s. The x-men consisted of Cyclops Phoenix Wolverine rogue Gambit Nightcrawler Shadowcat Colosus. Uncanny 362 x-men 72 is the start right after Operation Zero Tollerance
    I don't remember Cyclops and Pheonix being on the team from what I can remember but guest starring. You left out Storm and Marrow. They were on the team as well.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Cyclops and Phoenix left early on but Storm was on the team. That felt like a classic X-Men team roster between Storm, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Shadowcat, and Rogue all together again. Plus Gambit who had proven himself to be part of that family dynamic and new recruit Marrow who was heavily promoted in the late 90s.
    Whoops! You beat me to it.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 04-25-2024 at 11:05 PM.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I don't remember Cyclops and Pheonix being on the team from what I can remember but guest starring. You left out Storm and Marrow. They were on the team as well.

Whoops! You beat me to it.
    Your right I forgot Storm And Marrow my bad and yeah scot and Jean left
    X-Men Forever

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Your right I forgot Storm and Marrow. And yeah Cyclops and jean did leave before that. Its been awhile lol
    X-Men Forever

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Frankly, they had me at "Gail Simone is writing an X-Men book". But everything else they've been sharing about the Uncanny relaunch sounds exciting and I just cannot wait to see more preview art in colour.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I just cannot wait to see more preview art in colour.
    And the revealing of the others cast members (Monet seems a sure thing with all the hints Simone made on social media).
    Last edited by Quill-Han-Vos; 04-26-2024 at 12:37 AM.

X-Men Red was the last time they were together. Not including AUs like X-Men Forever.
    Ah yes, that’s the one. I think they spoke at least once there, not said in a sarcastic way btw. Red was a lot of fun but also was 12 issues, a large cast and focused on Jean.
    Overall Kurt and Remy have not had many interactions, probably enough to count on one hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Ah yes, that’s the one. I think they spoke at least once there, not said in a sarcastic way btw. Red was a lot of fun but also was 12 issues, a large cast and focused on Jean.
    Overall Kurt and Remy have not had many interactions, probably enough to count on one hand.
    X-Men '97, especially with the latest episode, is making me crave more interaction between these two. Arguably the two men closest to Rogue's heart.

Your right I forgot Storm and Marrow. And yeah Cyclops and jean did leave before that. Its been awhile lol
    It certainly has been. I feel so old.

People who don't like the premise baffle me. Xavior dream of peacefully co existence haven't been a thing in years. Krakoa was wrong in my Opinion. The premise qnd cast are what draws me to it. I'm buying all 3 main x-titles. In fact only 3 or the 9 i wont be getting is NYX,Phoenix and Storm
    Krakoa was actually more or less like Magneto's ideal than Xavier's. Xavier peaceful co existence didn't existed since HoM

Quote Originally Posted by Til View Post
    I had no idea so many people hated Krakoa. I guess I was just living in my own personal No-Space with my Krakoa love, lol.

I'm definitely going to be getting Uncanny. The setting and premise sound interesting, and I'm excited to read an X-book written by Gail Simone.
    You're definitely not alone in your Krakoa love, many of us have just long moved on from arguing about it. LOL Especially now that we know it was indeed a finite story and JDW was planning his post-Krakoa era just before Brevoort was brought in.

I'm looking forward to this book and even though I love the whole cast, I'm excited to learn who else is on it and how the new characters will play into things.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!