Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    We also know this isn't the full team, and there will be 4 brand new characters. People are always weird about a relaunch, but they're being especially weird about this one.
    It's just such a sorry step backward, even if the creative teams are trying very hard to sell it to us (to their credit).

I keep hoping this is like Astonishing x-men to me under the lawyer guy that wrote (ugh) IvX. I've never been actively afraid of a comic launching, but it was a pretty decent run and made clear the writer wasn't at fault for the horror show that was IvX -- which is still fresh in my mind and I'm getting flashbacks. I'm hoping once these new books arrive I'll be pleasantly surprised, but it seems a return to business as usual to protect the brands for anything actually forward-moving and interesting.

Charles Soule, that's the guy's name.

This book makes me so happy. And knowing that it's at least 18 issues...I'm going to enjoy it so much.
    I like the team, I like the premise. Looking forward to finding out who else will be part of the team.

Very much looking forward to this book, this awesome team, Darkholme fam-damnly drama, and gorgeous artwork. Hoping for those snippets of daily life, friendships, mixed with some actual x-men teamwork. So refreshing after years of none of the characters acting like they even knew each other, or random mutants just thrown on a team because they happened to be standing near each other at the time. Done with FEATS, done with OMG-OMERGA PWRERS!!, done with seeing Apocalypse praised as a hero, done with - seriously can’t believe I have to say this - MODOK. I don’t want to wish away Spring, but August can’t come soon enough as far as x-books go.

I always look forward to every time the X-titles get relaunched. The Krakoa era failed to keep my interest (Hickman's Big Ideas overshadow characters the way he did on Avengers for me) so I'm interested to see each title having their own identity with tighter character dynamics.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I wont just spat out characters to fill the other slots cause I would be here all day lol. But I'd love more classic members beyond the one we know. Like Iceman, collosus two name a few.
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Agreed.

Gambit and Wolverine on the same team. You have to go back to Marjorie Lius Astonishing run, 10+ years ago.
    Rogue and Wolverine on the same team. Wow, that one might be… unless I am missing something obvious it feels like ages.

Jubilee and Remy and Anna where on Excalibur together, were they harldy talked with each other. For all intents it’s easier to just not count that run.

Kurt and Remy… have they ever been on the same team?

I could go on. If the faces feel old then the combination is not. It’s a shame it took this long.
    I have this vague recollection of Gambit and Kurt being in the same issue of Amazing X-Men.

"An X-men book about the X-men doing X-men things like fighting for a world that hates and fears them and saving mutants in need... same nostalgic crap!"

Um... that's pretty much the whole deal and has been from the beginning. Even in the Krakoan age they were doing this same thing in the books... X-men, when Duggan took over, and Marauders were doing those exact things, for example. And X-Force was doing the same, but in a bloodier (and arguably less effective) way. Just because the mutants were living on an island at the time doesn't mean the mission statement wasn't the "same nostalgic crap". Honestly, after Hickman left everything that was pushing the boundaries and felt new and fresh kind of faded away, and it really felt the same just with the Krakoan nation-state background. Which was fun, but come on. Not that groundbreaking once it had a chance to settle as the status quo.

Anyway, I'm keeping an open mind about the new era and feel that there will be some surprises and things that feel new and fresh, despite them leaving the island and being scattered to the winds again.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

I agree the Krakoa idea is just Magnetos Gebosha and Cyclops Utopia. It's not a new Idea. Personally I don't like the last 5 years. I'd rather the X-men be a team of heroes fighting evil mutants not li ing with them. They completely imo ruined alot of characters. Sinister Apocalypse and Moria to name a few
    X-Men Forever

Spectacular Member

Count me in the camp of those looking forward to this book and the tonal change that comes with it. I don't think any title is going to fully revert back to what the X-books were 15 years ago. The narrative universe has progressed too much for a complete reboot if that's what everyone is fearing. Personally, I like that that there is sharper, contemporary dialogue around "the dream" and its complexity; but there is a point when the story just eats itself and that's where Krakoa went for me. Last few years felt like a glow up villains and genocidal architects more than anything.

For me, this book is the lesser of three evils. Unlike the other two flagships, there's nothing actively repulsing me yet. But I'm not really interested in it atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Kurt and Remy… have they ever been on the same team?
    X-Men Red, Vol 1. I don't remember if they had any significant interactions though.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Nice! I am hype for the variant cover reveals tomorrow. This is my flagship book.
    Where did you see we'd get variant covers tomorrow? And how many?

People asking if Kurt and Remy were on the same team the answer us yes. Uncanny and Adjectivess in the 90s. The x-men consisted of Cyclops Phoenix Wolverine rogue Gambit Nightcrawler Shadowcat Colosus. Uncanny 362 x-men 72 is the start right after Operation Zero Tollerance
    X-Men Forever

For now this series is the one I am most looking forward to so far. I'm really hoping to see a bit of a resurgence for Gambit in popularity and it will be interesting having him, Rogue and Kurt all on the same team.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Spectacular Member Galen Nycroft's Avatar

I am looking forward to seeing mutants back in the "real world" and interacting with the rest of the planet. I got so sick of seeing stupid plants and vines, glowing red berries. Got sick of lavenders, pinks, and turquoise lights and colors on every damn panel. Krakoa was not sustainable because too many mutants were only in it for their own personal reasons and not the collective welfare of the nation.

The whole island nation destroyed because of three women's selfish pettiness, that shows you Krakoa was only a house of cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    X-Men Red, Vol 1. I don't remember if they had any significant interactions though.
    How did I forget about X-Men Red...I guess I only remember Jean, Gabby, and Trinary.