Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Why is she holding destiny’s train, even better question? I don’t even think that’s a ‘job’ in a wedding? And really captain America is there willingly?
    Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Bridesmaids sometimes do that or they give children that role.

No idea why Storm would do this for Mystique. She doesn't even like her and rightfully so.
    It’s all just so forced. It’s not even like any of this is gonna make them even one iota less toxic so why is Marvel bending over backwards to have them celebrated like the golden child lately?

Astonishing Member

Yeah, Storm is no one’s flower girl…

I love Raven and Irene for how messy they are, but let's be real. The only people who like tolerate Mystique and Destiny enough to be at this wedding is immediate family (Rogue, Nightcrawler) and maybe old Brotherhood members like Pryo, Blob and Toad.

And even the latter is arguable, considering how abusive Mystique was to them at times.

No way in hell should Captain America be here with a smile.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    I love Raven and Irene for how messy they are, but let's be real. The only people who like tolerate Mystique and Destiny enough to be at this wedding is immediate family (Rogue, Nightcrawler) and maybe old Brotherhood members like Pryo, Blob and Toad.

And even the latter is arguable, considering how abusive Mystique was to them at times.

No way in hell should Captain America be here with a smile.
    All I can say is that he must have a lot of goodwill for Rogue to do this. Carol too because there's literally no reason she would be here except to arrest the happy couple.

All I can say is that he must have a lot of goodwill for Rogue to do this. Carol too because there's literally no reason she would be here except to arrest the happy couple.
    Bet it's the creative teams having fun with cameo's but not thinking it through. No offense, but I wish editors and writers were a bit more strict about this sorta thing; it's distracting and throws the narrative off.

Oh well, just a case of trying not to think too hard about the inconsistencies I suppose.

The art looks mostly good ! Love the artist on the Rogue story.

Probably a case of creative teams having fun with cameo's but not thinking it through. No offense, but I wish editors and writers were a bit more strict about this sorta thing; it's distracting and throws the narrative off.
    I agree but I don't think they care at this point. They're treating this wedding like an event and so it needs A-Listers to hype it up. They want to promote this in the media so they'd only get flack if the first lesbian couple had no high-profile guests.

I agree but I don't think they care at this point. They're treating this wedding like an event and so it needs A-Listers to hype it up. They want to promote this in the media so they'd only get flack if the first lesbian couple had no high-profile guests.
    Sadly yea this is likely what is also happening. I feel it misses the point of what makes Irene and Raven interesting, they're not a perfect media couple that you highlight as inspirational. They are toxic and semi-terrible people, even if they do really love each other.

You're not supposed to look up to them lol, just find them entertaining.

I feel like Julia Roberts was the Rogue reference

Destique really invited Glob Herman, just so they can force us to see him again. Do they even know him? They really are evil.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Sadly yea this is likely what is also happening. I feel it misses the point of what makes Irene and Raven interesting, they're not a perfect media couple that you highlight as inspirational. They are toxic and semi-terrible people, even if they do really love each other.

You're not supposed to look up to them lol, just find them entertaining.
    Exactly lol. They have fans but nobody's really interested in seeing them treated like superhero celebs with everyone vying for an invite to their wedding like it's the event of the decade. Raven and Irene are so above that sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    It’s all just so forced. It’s not even like any of this is gonna make them even one iota less toxic so why is Marvel bending over backwards to have them celebrated like the golden child lately?
    They did foil Moira in Inferno so I guess it qualifies them as heroes

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Paras Gavaskar, my beloved J-lister, or whatever rung 'two background appearances a year that largely just exist to capitalize on the fact that he's purple and that visually pops' lands a character at!

That's it, that's the post. I see a Paras, I post about seeing a Paras. Good day.
    Great to see Indra indeed. One of the least used X-kids, who has actually an interesting powers etc and history. Such a shame.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Thta cov es so forced only the characters who a e gay or lesbian. .ok also meh i like destiny and Mystique but do not care ro celebrate a wedding.
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    The reflection looks so weird, not only because of the different angle, but her hair is pulled behind her ear but on the reflection it's not.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue