Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Totally loved to see those pages with the Academy X cast. So nice to see Indra, and seems that Pixie is just there to have some fun xdd.

Also, why the heck would Captain America go to the wedding of two terrorists and murderers? It's the most wtf moment of the year so far and I can't find any sense in that.

I really don't buy that the Avengers would allow this wedding to happen at their home.

I also don't buy that most of the people attending would care on a personal level to be there to support these two getting married. What real connection outside of being former enemies do the Avengers have with Destiny at all? And they sure as heck wouldn't support Mystique.

This has to be some fever dream or maybe a premonition from Destiny for something that could come if the two decide to put the proper work in.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Bet it's the creative teams having fun with cameo's but not thinking it through. No offense, but I wish editors and writers were a bit more strict about this sorta thing; it's distracting and throws the narrative off.

Oh well, just a case of trying not to think too hard about the inconsistencies I suppose.
    I think its more feasible at this point that they don't know are care to know the history at all.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    I really don't buy that the Avengers would allow this wedding to happen at their home.
    I didn't bother to read the actual invitation and so without your post, I wouldn't have realized this wedding is being held at the Avengers Mansion. I can even somewhat buy the Avengers being forced to show up to this wedding, but there's literally no excuse in the world to stage this at their home.

We have entered bizarro world.

sorry

Extraordinary Member

The Avengers Mansion is a theme resort, maybe the Captain America is just a cast member for the hotel.

I also can't help but feel that there's something lost from Destiny being aged down. Like her being younger/more aesthetically pleasing to readers is meant to cater to the male gaze and to establish that this relationship and now marriage can be considered valid in a way it wasn't when she was an older woman.

What I liked about the original Mystique and Destiny is that they flouted tradition in every way. Especially the idea that a shapeshifter, who could look as young and beautiful as she always wanted, would be able to love a woman who looked as old as Methuselah. Byrne even said that he felt Claremont liked pushing the envelope as far as possible to make the heteronormative crowd feel very uncomfortable. Having a committed relationship between a geriatric woman and a shapeshifter felt more progressive than this staged white wedding between two relatively young-looking women that seems catered to mainstream tastes.

*insert NeNe Leakes gif here to represent how I feel because I don't know how to do it*

Listen, I love Mystique and Destiny's relationship, I love that they've been retconned into being Nightcrawler's bio parents, BUT THEY ARE SUPERVILLAINS.

This Krakoa blurred lines stuff has got the game all fucked up, why are there superheroes at this wedding?! Besides Rogue and Nightcrawler (Gambit too since he is Rogue's husband), no other hero should be at this wedding. This is all just wrong.

Spectacular Member Galen Nycroft's Avatar

Ugh...Tini Howard, this is a hard pass. I love that Mystique and Destiny are finally getting married visibly, but I am not paying for anything with Tini Howard's name on it. And Phil Sevy...please give up art and become a bartender or something...horrific artwork.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    They did foil Moira in Inferno so I guess it qualifies them as heroes
    It’s basically their fault we have to deal with Terminator Moira now by their actions in Inferno so that’s just an even bigger negative.

This whole thing is so bizarre. My only hope is that the Avengers present are just the actors who work there, since Avengers Mansion is now an Avengers-themed hotel "experience".

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Does anybody else see Carla Gugino here?

I don't mind a story about Mystique and Destiny getting married, but I'm kind of disappointed that this year's entire Pride special is being dedicated to them. Like, it makes sense for Rogue to get some focus in a story about her moms getting hitched, but she and Gambit really shouldn't have an entire story in a Pride special (unless they want to make that bi speculation canon).

Aren’t they already married. I might only buy this for Technet unless it’s another expensive book.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Eh. Buying it for the Academy X crew (and because Tate's a new fave) and it's nice to see the Technet, but I am not hyped for this. Everything just sounds so...banal. Where's the chaotic, toxic, trashfire flavor of devotion that makes these two interesting to start with?

I swear to god if there's not even a single panel featuring the Brotherhood folks...

This is so... performative. Eek.