Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    So evil Peter could end up with Michelle
    Lowe referred to possibly seeing Shay again, but since this is gonna be apart of the spider-gobles 2 bungaloo. It won't last maybe a few pages

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    another thing: is this evil Peter thing gonna be just completely insular in that we don't see other heroes or even the other Spider-adjacent characters reacting to an evil Spider-Man running around?
    They didn't react the first time.

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They didn't react the first time.
    which was a missed opportunity. You'd think that news of Spider-Man turning evil would make more of a splash among New York's heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    another thing: is this evil Peter thing gonna be just completely insular in that we don't see other heroes or even the other Spider-adjacent characters reacting to an evil Spider-Man running around?
    No information so far. Who do people even want to show up? Cause whoever it is people going to complain
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Here's what could possibly happen. We now have Norman who finally has the son he always wanted and could be preparing to give Peter the keys to the kingdom. So post Wells we get a variation of Parker industries part dos.
    - Another Shay appearance, but evil Peter messes it up and Peter turns his back on the few people are labelled his loved ones this run.
    -He opts out of him apartment lease because his current living situation is beneath him.
    -Sinister Six attack looking for the Living Brain only to find both GG and SG waiting for them
    -Walkin Brain looks for some help from Felicia and not MJ until later
    I'm pretty sure that everything will happen, except for MJ and/or Felica coming to help Peter getting back to his senses. Even if they make an appearance, I'm sure it's either to just to create more drama or be in the background like MJ was at the end of Gang War.

K actually thought this issue was pretty great and one of rhe best in wells run in a while. I've been a lot more positive than most on this run but this actually surprised me. The reveal was a shock, even knowing goblin was going to come back i didnt think we were going to get a "hes ALREADY BEEN back ".

Peter setting up Gobby with a trap was pretty brilliant snd would've worked perfectly if it wasn't for the advantage goblin had on peter, that he also had on us. Memory loss stories can go a lot of ways but using what the audience doesn't know against them because both the audience and the character dont know it happened is clever, and the callbacks to various moments that didn't seem to make sense before was well planned with Wells. I think its pretty clear to say he's had this story planned since the first arc involving the sins.

For example the thing with the "date" i initially read it to just be Peter being busy and forgetting he made an appointment, but knowing what I know now it makes more sense.

The worst thing about this book is the absolutely asinine price tag. No defending that.

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    K actually thought this issue was pretty great and one of rhe best in wells run in a while. I've been a lot more positive than most on this run but this actually surprised me.
    I strongly object to the current status quo, and nothing that I've seen has made me think I want to read the run; but I would like to say it's nice to see someone express what concrete things they like about an issue and what it does well.
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

Incredible Member

I think that issue #50 of ASM was good , but I'd have been happier if we had just the main story and not other stories in there to justify $9.99 for the issue .
    Also one thing that bothers me is when Peter is still being drawn as a kid and not an adult .
    Sure when he's wearing the Spider-Man costume the art work is good . But when not in costume he looks like a kid .
    Have mixed feelings about Norman being evil again , would have liked for Norman to redeem himself .
    But I guess we'll see where it goes from here .

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheKryptonMan View Post
    I think that issue #50 of ASM was good , but I'd have been happier if we had just the main story and not other stories in there to justify $9.99 for the issue .
    Also one thing that bothers me is when Peter is still being drawn as a kid and not an adult .
    Sure when he's wearing the Spider-Man costume the art work is good . But when not in costume he looks like a kid .
    Have mixed feelings about Norman being evil again , would have liked for Norman to redeem himself .
    But I guess we'll see where it goes from here .
    The giant-sized $9.99 anniversary issue is a huge annoying thing that Marvel has insisted on doing for the last couple of years. I think this is the real reason Marvel has embraced publishing legacy numbers on all their comic books. Not only do they get the benefit on constantly starting over fresh when a writer leaves, but also the benefit of looking like they have a deep appreciation for the past while reaping the rewards. Amazing Spider-Man #56 will almost certainly be the same as its legacy number is #950. They did the same for #6 (#900) and #31 (#925).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SturdyMike89 View Post
    The giant-sized $9.99 anniversary issue is a huge annoying thing that Marvel has insisted on doing for the last couple of years.
    A shameless plug for the Mighty Marvel subscription service via Midtown!

As part of the subscription, any extra-sized, extra-priced issues are included!

Downside is you have to be ok with receiving a book that is slightly less than mint condition (most of my books arrive near-mint to very fine) None of my books have ever arrived folded in half, but if any do arrive severely "beat up" or lost in the mail, Midtown will replace at no charge.

I'm no longer in the "collectible" game, so condition doesn't bother me.

And every year, by nature of AMS shipping twice a month, I receive anywhere from 1 to 3 oversize books!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post

Downside is you have to be ok with receiving a book that is slightly less than mint condition (most of my books arrive near-mint to very fine) None of my books have ever arrived folded in half, but if any do arrive severely "beat up" or lost in the mail, Midtown will replace at no charge.

And every year, by nature of AMS shipping twice a month, I receive anywhere from 1 to 3 oversize books!

I feel the same way about the "collectibles " I'm no longer in it to collect . 99% of the time I just want the main cover , no variants .
    I'm tired of DC & Marvel's games . I just read because I like the characters .

Always wondered what that lifestyle is like! At your collecting peak, what kind of books were you pulling? In what quantities? How'd your reading habits change after you stopped?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    Always wondered what that lifestyle is like! At your collecting peak, what kind of books were you pulling? In what quantities? How'd your reading habits change after you stopped?
    I don't even think I can put a year to when I changed, but it most likely was when books went past the $2.99 price point.

I always had the main Spider-man books; I got all MC2 until it reached its end; I would get any DC big event; and I had a thing for everything from Bongo comics. At one point, I was probably getting 25 or so books a month - not a crazy amount compared to some, I'm sure.

Once Bongo line ended, it was just Amazing ever since. No longer interested in anything DC or any other company.

This past year, I finally added books with Superior, Spiderboy and USM! So back to a whopping 4!

Superior is ending, so back to 3 and I'll judge USM around issue 9 to see if I stick with that (I most likely will let that go - keeping just ASM and Spiderboy).

My goal is to stick around to get the physical copy of ASM #1000 and drop out the physical comic game completely and read stuff through Marvel Unlimited.

Fantastic Member

That sounds interesting. I too no longer care about collecting. If a comics good, then that is all that matters. I have actually been selling some of my collection through WhatNot. It's not the Edgar Church pedigree collection or anything, but I've done okay.

I don't even think I can put a year to when I changed, but it most likely was when books went past the $2.99 price point.

I always had the main Spider-man books; I got all MC2 until it reached its end; I would get any DC big event; and I had a thing for everything from Bongo comics. At one point, I was probably getting 25 or so books a month - not a crazy amount compared to some, I'm sure.

Once Bongo line ended, it was just Amazing ever since. No longer interested in anything DC or any other company.

This past year, I finally added books with Superior, Spiderboy and USM! So back to a whopping 4!

Superior is ending, so back to 3 and I'll judge USM around issue 9 to see if I stick with that (I most likely will let that go - keeping just ASM and Spiderboy).

My goal is to stick around to get the physical copy of ASM #1000 and drop out the physical comic game completely and read stuff through Marvel Unlimited.
    fascinating!

because i consider myself picky, but i still get like, 10+ books a month. Super interesting how your taste is lazer-focused.

Marvel Unlimited is a beau. Never would've read Claremon's X-men without it, or Simonson's Thor, or PAD's Hulk. Truly cathedrals everywhere for those w eyes to see.

Tnx for sharing!