Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

No MJ. Don’t know if I should be glad about that… I guess for her prominence I say NO, for her being written like MJ the answer is YES.

The rest of the issue, well the art was good. Not on the reveal though. That just looked goofy.

As with the reveal the elegance in these things lies in the simplicity. The feeling that you missed something that was right there. It’s not only about seeding it on the pages, the action itself needs to be devasting in how much it makes sense in hindsight. This did not do that. It felt clunky and overcomplicated.

Bah.

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

This issue and the art was great, backup stories were cute too, the way McGuiness draws Gobby is insane lol. This is the first time weíve truly had Goblin back in a while, while knowing Peterís identity, in Go Down Swinging itís more focused on the Carnage stuff and in Spencerís run Norman was more worried about Sin Eater tracking him down

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I feel like a Spider Who Gobbles story would be cooler if we hadn't already had an arc where Peter got possessed by Norman's sins. And that arc went down last November so it's only been half a year. lol
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Looks like we're going to be getting a Kelly -Spider-Man\Dr Strange ongoing or mini coming out of the backup

Good start to this arc praying for Doug. Guess Norman now has spilt personality like his Raimi counterpart. Also isn’t it about time for Norman to develop a permanent power disabling gas for Peter been employing that trick for decades
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Good start to this arc praying for Doug. Guess Norman now has spilt personality like his Raimi counterpart. Also isn’t it about time for Norman to develop a permanent power disabling gas for Peter been employing that trick for decades
    I wonder if Osborn and the Green will get split into two separate beings like Conners and the Lizard did.

Mighty Member

Do you think the part of Peter having a power of attorney over Oscorp will come into play?

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I feel like a Spider Who Gobbles story would be cooler if we hadn't already had an arc where Peter got possessed by Norman's sins. And that arc went down last November so it's only been half a year. lol
    They even did the same full page spread of Peter laughing maniacally like last fall.

Spectacular Member

It's even worse WITH words.

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    I wonder if Osborn and the Green will get split into two separate beings like Conners and the Lizard did.
    That would be the best case scenario but unlikely

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    Do you think the part of Peter having a power of attorney over Oscorp will come into play?
    I don’t think so cause it is as never brought up again or referenced by either slott or wells. Also it was a verbal statement unsure if it was put on paper
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Art was good if you like cartoony.

Which makes the art a perfect match for this nonsense cartoon run.
    ďI always figured if I were a superhero, thereís no way on God's earth that I'm gonna pal around with some teenager."

ó Stan Lee

By Wells standards this was another okay issue, and Peter wasn't written that badly, though it hinges mostly on the relationship between Peter and Norman that's echoing the Raimi movies more than actual comics continuity to the point where he basically repeats the moment from NWH with Willem Dafoe's Gobby.

Also now we're doing the Spider Who Gobbles...again. Which really makes it feel like Wells is just making it up as he goes along to the point of repeating himself but...more!

Marv Wolfman doing a cute Black Cat story with Terry Dodson...worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post

McGuinness draws a great Green Goblin.

Fantastic Member

Using zen meditation techniques I was able to turn my brain off enough to enjoy a decent slugfest where Peter actually was cool and competent. I am deliberately choosing to not remember that this all hinges on a spear that siphons sins that was created by Kraven and Ashley Kafka getting freaky with each other. I choose not to remember that we did this all six months ago.

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post

“Nonsense cartoon run” kinda fits as a descriptor here because “Green Goblin turns Spider-Man evil” reads like a nonsense cartoon plot.

Incredible Member

McGuinness was absolutely the right artist for this arc! His work expresses how crazed the Goblin is and how crazy and dire the situation is for Peter.

Not sure how everything fits together but Wells starts this with a bang and knowing the Sinister Six is around the corner means it's just gonna get even more crazy!