View Poll Results: What would you rather Sony/ Disney work on?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • More Spider-Man Movies

14 36.84%
  • A Live-Action Spider-Man TV Series

24 63.16%
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
    BANNED

I think both would be good. The show could develop villains who could never be big or bad enough to get their own movie. And develop more of his real life too, not just Spidey.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Daredevil did change my views on a spider based television series. I would prefer it stay on Netflix and just ignore the TV aspect but go the episode format like Daredevil did. Now effects in Daredevil had been rather minuscule but it clearly has a bigger budget than most other tv shows so spider-man would definitely be in a good position with that. It would clearly have a decent sized budget for a show like this so fx are not a problem. Netflix might be the answer because you can get away with a lot more than strictly being on television which might limit content or things the characters can or cant do.

Netflix allows a number of episodes and more character development and investment by the fans than a movie every few years can do but would spider-man truly benefit? Sure he would, I can see it work with spider-man's early career filling in fans since the movie simply cannot waste any time outside of flashbacks, but Peter himself I'm not encouraged by. Let me explain, simply put I don't care for another origin story. I don't want it and I'm pretty sure with a couple flashbacks the average viewer can fill in the blanks with the film. With the MCU spiders Netflix might be better suited for newer properties that probably wouldn't be suited for the big screen such; as scarlet spider, Kaine, Agent Venom to a lesser degree. I'm all for a spider based television show but I'm pretty sure we know who Peter is by this point so why continue re treading the same ground?

At the end of the day we are left in the same place as the last reboot. Kid gets powers, loses uncle, goes through school and fights crime in red and blue pajamas. Spider based television should take advantage of the license, instead of doing the same thing again. Now if Marvel can make it new and refreshing that would be fine and I'm on board for that but I don't need to see it again. And if not an origin story anyone without Netflix might be confused as to why certain villains haven't shown up yet or cant or why certain interactions do or don't happen if spider-man is seen in film. A spin off to me works better here because you simply wouldn't under normal circumstances see it on the big screen and thusly it has more creative freedom
    Yeah, exactly. Spider-man works better on tv. A 2 hour abd a half movies series won't have time to bring in the development of his origin, characters, etc. the pacing would be off, there won't be much important stuff I the mythos abd would probably rush through like Betty's love life, flash's troubled life, jean dewolff's involvement with spiderman, the romance, etc. TASM series tried to be more episodic abd it seemed that it wanted longer episodes. If it were a tv show I would've enjoyed seeing Garfiekd on screen more often especially his time with JK Simmons.

Now that spidey is back marvel still wouldn't let him do tv because spidey sells in movies but just because something is on tv doesn't mean it won't fail. Just advertise it like breaking bad. You have billions of dollars. A live action tv series is no excuse not to make. It's the only way to do the character and his mythos more justice

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    I think both would be good. The show could develop villains who could never be big or bad enough to get their own movie. And develop more of his real life too, not just Spidey.
    Agreed. If you watch the shows dexter, smallville, the flash, and better call Saul even breaking bad that is the kind of treatment Peter Parker needs. Imagine the struggle, the inner and external conflicts, the romance, etc. wouldn't that be one hell of a spiderman show and show to watch.