Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Post Fantastic Four #10 *spoilers*

We have the return of Sharon Ventura, aka Ms. Marvel aka She-Thing, but under not-so-friendly circumstances with Ben Grimm. As the top boss of the prison yard, she's got the heavyweights under her thumb, and Ben at her mercy. And she gives him one heck of a welcome.
    spoilers:
    Sharon reveals how she resented Ben forgetting her while noticing Alicia; how even Wyatt Wingfoot left her and she left in with her old group the Unlimited Class Wrestling Federation which now uses its tours as a front to ferry contrabang; how she was caught (fighting Red Wolf of Texas Rangers, no less) and incarcerated; how the unseen boss of the boss of Rykers arranged for her to be on top and not diminished in strength.

Next Reed gets word of a super-villain attack in Chicago, and though Reeds wants to respond, he can't do it with Sue because…

She sneaks into the SHIELD base where the FF paraphernalia are stored and takes one aircraft. If you've read the solicits for the next issues you know where she'll be heading.

Then we see Wyatt Wingfoot at the behest of Sue paying a visit to Johnny at the street party he's throwing, unsuccessful in his efforts to convince his college best friend to abandon that lifestyle as he is rebuffed by Johnny who claims the old Johnny died.

Finally we switch to Chicago where the battle is underway: Reed face solo the Wizard's new Frightful Four: Reptilla, Gazelle, and Vertigo, the three women of the Salem's Seven team (which was last seen IIRC in the pages of Marvel Knights: 4) who've been amped. They got Reed on the ropes, when help, and magical one at that, comes from an unexpected source:

Wanda Maximoff, the Scarlet Witch.
    end of spoilers
    So, are we any closer to learning the real orchestrator of the FF's fall?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Poor Sharon, I really feel sorry for her. It will be interesting to see how Ben survives prison. The new lineup of the Frightful Four looks cool and I wasn't expecting her to save Reed, it will be great to see how that goes down. Who could be behind this destruction of the Fantastic Four? Hopefully it's not Doom or anyone else too predictable and hopefully the reasons behind why they are doing this are good as well. Also looking forward to the annual, Sue won't win but hopefully she puts up a good fight.

I'm thinking that the real mastermind will be spoilers:
    Thinker
    end of spoilers.

Astonishing Member

As an FYI, Salem Seven was last seen in the first arc of the current New Warriors book. They were the heroic protectors of Salem.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Someone else guessed spoilers:
    Psycho-Man and I am starting to lean in that direction. If mind control is involved he makes a likely candidate
    end of spoilers

how does sharon (a former member of the FF herself) fall so far off the radar that she gets collared by red wolf of all people and thrown in the slammer? and none of the other FF even saw it on the news or got a phone call or anything?

i'm calling bs on that one. disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    I'm thinking that the real mastermind will be spoilers:
    Thinker
    end of spoilers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Someone else guessed spoilers:
    Psycho-Man and I am starting to lean in that direction. If mind control is involved he makes a likely candidate
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I've been on the 'Thinker is quite possibly the culprit' train for awhile, but I wholeheartedly agree that Psycho-Man is a very strong likelihood after this issue. Either one has been grossly underutilized for awhile, and I definitely won't complain about either, if not BOTH of them being the catalyst of the FF's fall. But mind control and illusions/hallucinations/what-not would certainly not only explain things like the red uniforms (perhaps they are and have been imagination figments...which would go hand and hand with Robinson saying the unis play a role in all that's been going on), but virtually the FF's nearly whole world turning on them.
    end of spoilers
    "Yes, I can do that!" - Ivan Lawrence Blieden

"The true is inimitable, the false untransformable." - Robert Bresson

"The boundaries which divide life from death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?" - Edgar Allan Poe

"Those who believe need no explanation." - Dionysos, The Bacchae by Euripides

Marvel Future Fight: InimitableMaven, Alliance: Fates Law / Yahtzee With Buddies: TheInimitableMaven

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    how does sharon (a former member of the FF herself) fall so far off the radar that she gets collared by red wolf of all people and thrown in the slammer? and none of the other FF even saw it on the news or got a phone call or anything?

we don't know when it happened. could have been when the FF were off planet or otherwise occupied.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post

The last we saw her on the loose, other than the Skrull-imposter, Wyatt Wingfoot had taken her to help manage her rage issues after the Frightful Four were routed by Reed- in - Doom - armor. She was seen attending a therapy session at Camp Hammond for those who were Skrull-napped and replaced as I recall. Maybe the therapy sessions weren't going too well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    As an FYI, Salem Seven was last seen in the first arc of the current New Warriors book. They were the heroic protectors of Salem.
    Yeah was just going say that.

Sad too, I kind of liked that direction for them, hopefully Wizard is brainswashing them or something.
    Last edited by Jeremi; 09-10-2014 at 12:41 PM.

BANNED

Why with all of the myriad Avenger/X-men teams out there would Reed feel the need to go off to battle a group of supervillains?

The FF abandoning Sharon to her fate doesn't surprise me, friendship doesn't mean a lot in the mu and she was yesterdays news to Ben and the rest.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Why with all of the myriad Avenger/X-men teams out there would Reed feel the need to go off to battle a group of supervillains?

The FF abandoning Sharon to her fate doesn't surprise me, friendship doesn't mean a lot in the mu and she was yesterdays news to Ben and the rest.
    Marvel has been writing Reed like a total dumb ass the last few years.

Truly pitiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    The last we saw her on the loose, other than the Skrull-imposter, Wyatt Wingfoot had taken her to help manage her rage issues after the Frightful Four were routed by Reed- in - Doom - armor. She was seen attending a therapy session at Camp Hammond for those who were Skrull-napped and replaced as I recall. Maybe the therapy sessions weren't going too well.
    and this didn't make FOX news? sounds like she got collared in texas - "fancy new york superheroine wrestler caught smuggling contraband behind lone star lines"

I rather like Sharon and hope that there is more to her story that we don't know yet. Hopefully she has a larger arc that we'll see.
    My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

Why is the Wizard loose again? He just got captured in Original Sin. It could mean Wizards old gang, the Intelligencia is operating again, and no prison is safe enough against those guys. But I suspect the Puppet master has something to do with it if Wanda is captured and doing their work for them.