Page 557 of 631 FirstFirst ... 57457507547553554555556557558559560561567607 ... LastLast
Results 8,341 to 8,355 of 9460

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Black Bolt writer Saladin Ahmed, who is doing the new Exiles book, posted this on his Twitter:

doing a Namor riff in one of these opening issues of EXILES wow this sandbox is fun to play in
    6:55 PM - 10 Jan 2018

https://twitter.com/saladinahmed/sta...86367727779840

I imagine this will be an alternate universe Namor, but he's also posted a few other tweets / image of the subversive Golden Age Namor that we, his fans, have chatted about in various thread.
    That's nice. Those twitter-discussions are not really very interesting though (I've read much better elsewhere... I mean here ), but it's good to see that people are willing to be more educated.

On another subject, congrats for the action figures, Rev & Of Atlantis! Have fun with them - and do not hesitate to post pics!

(One last thing. Rev, a few pages ago you asked me if I have collected some good stuffs. Not much and almost nothing with Namor except two or three 90s issues by Jae Lee or with Sienkiewicz. BUT I have found a quite cheap -because damaged and with one page missing- exemplary of FF #3. I was VERY happy, you can imagine...)
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

It will be interesting to see Namor with the X-men again. I hope we get more Mutant-Atlantean interactions and story-lines. I also hope Namor isn't portrayed as overly pompous. Some arrogance is always welcome with Namor but too much can be a turn off.
    Last edited by nj06; 01-14-2018 at 12:17 PM.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

It will be interesting to see how Namor reacts/responds to Jean being the leader.

I would also like to see some of Namor's supporting cast make some appearances in this series such as Namora and Attuma.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    It will be interesting to see how Namor reacts/responds to Jean being the leader.

I would also like to see some of Namor's supporting cast make some appearances in this series such as Namora and Attuma.
    I don't know how many Namor storylines there will be or how many of his supporting cast are likely to show up but I'm not holding my breath on this. Maybe they could do a story about underwater/Atlantean mutants seeking Namor's help.

This is an interesting thought to debate or comment on. Would Atlantean - or other underwater societies - have the same sort of Mutant controversies, that surface world societies has?

Considering Atlantis' past with cloning and other genetics, maybe it would seem there is some distaste. On the other hand it would seem that the range of mutation would be different than surface world mutants. I don't see certain mutant abilities working under water. Maybe they would have generalized multiple abilities - like Namor. Greater Strength and invulnerability. Faster speed and reflexes. And something else. In Namor's case its the winged ankles, power of flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    This is an interesting thought to debate or comment on. Would Atlantean - or other underwater societies - have the same sort of Mutant controversies, that surface world societies has?

Considering Atlantis' past with cloning and other genetics, maybe it would seem there is some distaste. On the other hand it would seem that the range of mutation would be different than surface world mutants. I don't see certain mutant abilities working under water. Maybe they would have generalized multiple abilities - like Namor. Greater Strength and invulnerability. Faster speed and reflexes. And something else. In Namor's case its the winged ankles, power of flight.
    This should be something that an X-book should explore. I mean they did a story about mutants from alien races. Why not focus on mutants from Earth-bound non Homo Sapien species. There's a mutant Deviant named Reject that should be added to an X-book, maybe the same team as Namor. Maybe he want's Namor's help

The Deviants have a connection to Lemuria which has a connection to Atlantis. The potential is there to look at how other Earth species feel about mutants. I know Priest did a story in BP about this.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

If you want to make sure you have a copy of X-Men Red #1, the Final Cut Off Date for Pre-Ordering is January 15. It also helps to boost sales, which is critical nowadays, to avoid an early demise.

If you are interested in variants, check out this page

The two with Namor on it are

Plus there's the blank variant, so you can get an artist to draw your own custom Namor cover. There's also supposedly a Skottie Young and a John Tyler Christopher variants, but I'm guessing these will have Jean on it, not Namor. Though, Namor REALLY needs a John Tyler Christopher Action Figure variant. I mean, Stingray even has one.
    Means I have to get to my comic shop and make sure it's on my list. I love the second cover, Namor looks really bad ass. I hope we get solo covers at some point for him.

That would be great if it were an Atlantean Seabro. I'm wondering if this new base isn't the one the Squadron Supreme was using?

I don't know. It sounds more like Tom Taylor is interested in giving Gentle a story line. I'm starting to feel like Namor is just there because he likes ocean stuff, as in his THE DEEP, and using Namor gets him that. Then again, I'm probably just paranoid after being burned by Robinson. Twice. And the X-Office. Countless times.
    Well the Atlantian tech is going to be used clearly, and I don't just think that it's going to be Gentle's story. Tom even said he drew pics of Namor as a kid, so there's that bit to add to it. Yeah I know, Robinson wasn't too happy with getting Invaders cancelled as he had plans for a story focused on Namor, same with SS. I kind of feel bad for Robinson. Yeah the X-office doesn't have a water mutant so they plopped Namor in that role.

Well, at least that would be Emma even remembering Namor -- or vice versa. I had expectations of SOMETHING being done between the two characters after AvX, but was yet again disappointed.

And yes, on both counts. No Emma and Scott and definitely, let's keep Wolverine away from Jean. That horse is almost as dead as the Sue and Namor's 'romance.' Not to mention. Do we really need THREE Wolverines in this book???
    No, we don't. I actually want to see how Namor reacts to this group because this has no one he's ever really interacted with. Jean, maybe, and I think Kurt may have met him once or twice, but really we have a group of newbies (semi with Gentle and Laura) that will have to deal with him. And I think you're right on the SS base being used. Although namor may just build them something new to, er, show off if you will. And it seems that Emma is still on about Scott and after what he's been through I don't think he's going to be going after Blondes for a while. Yes please, no more Namor x Sue. I never got that pairing in the first place.

Iron Cross! There was another infatuation. But amusing to see Namor 'deal' with it, as well as the other Invaders give him grief.

I found Marinna in her original incarnation too clingy and deferring. She wasn't at all like the other women Namor in Namor's life. Van Lente's new version was more like the independent, strong willed women Namor seems to like.
    Yes it was almost cute the way she tried flirting with him and he's like "What the?" most of the time. I loved that about that book the sense that these guys were actually friends and that they cared about one another. Yup I agree, but it seems like he's not wanting to connect them. Again, really wish they would just bring back Dorma. I just want an updated version of her. I mean seeing how strong characters like Mera and Dolphin are doing in the pages of Aquaman and how well they can work, I'd love to see her take on a role with the Avengers, or even Namora doing that.

They were definitely trying to push that Namor Emma Scott triangle -- but not to show Emma or Namor as 'worse', but to show Scott as worse. Or more precisely, show Emma that there were problems in their relationship and to tighten the screws on Scott. I'm not sure if that is what Fraction originally intended, but that's where it ended up at.

I liked Namor and Emma together when they were flirty and outrageously snippy. They were funny. That's why I think they made good friends with benefits, rather as a serious relationship.
    Namor and Emma were okay when like that, but it seems more and more like writers that followed wanted him to be the "bad boy" and wanted him to be seen as a more villainous and was pulling her away from "good guy" Scott. Now it seems like "Namor who?" on her part.

Yes. Exactly. Namora was presented as a fellow royal, closely related. Dorma was someone he grew up with, but they weren't closely related at all.
    Agree agree. I always saw Dorma as a character that could see both sides of Namor. Also I want more Namora in Red, would be cool if she's the other member of the team after Remy. That way you have at least two Atlantians.

Again, I just don't see how Tom Taylor is going to have room to do much of anything with Namor in this team book -- too many characters.

Counter-Earth Dorma didn't care for Namor at all. IIRC, she may have killed her own Namor. And she found this one weak. But then again, she didn't really know this Namor. But I think that's an interesting place to start building a relationship. Both of them would have to overcome their initial perceptions and feelings, gradually learning about the other, and eventually influencing the other.
    Well Laura and Gabby are more in their own book, so development regarding certain things could go there. Kurt is probably going to be less of a presence because of Gold, but I can see Tom only building so much. The only ones I can think of for issue would be gentle, Remy, and Jean, and the new girl. Tom was good at world building and character building with Injustice and Earth 2 and that had huge casts. So I'm not so worried about Namor and his growth.

Oh that would be awesome to see happen. Namor not being sure what to make of her at first and the two clashing with her being more of a "Let's go out there and do this" and him having to help her adjust to this world. Although I can see a different version of that Dorma showing up as well, someone a bit less gungho on the violence aspect.

I think the red head thing was a joke on Hope.

Dorma's death did motivate a few story lines back in the day. In the modern era, a few writers have mentioned it, mainly as a great loves lost reference. I think those are older writers, however, that are better read on the Sub-Mariner

I'm cautious. But I'm buying the book until Taylor gives. me a reason NOT to buy the book.

Jean develop Namor. I'm not really seeing that. Though ... now that I think on it, I'm wondering if this where we get to see Namor 'redeemed?' If so, I hope it's done with some thought, nuance, and consideration of the completely impossible situation Hickman put Namor into. Of course, maybe Namor will be helping Jean out too with her baggage. ;p
    Yeah but it seems like less and less people know about her. Which is really a disappointment.

If anyone can pull off the Redeem story I think Tom can, he had to fix a lot of the issues that the writer after Robinson's changed up on Earth-2 and actually helped in making sense for some of the actions in Injustice. He should be able to handle Namor being redeemed. Still can't believe a lot of the sludge that Hickman put Namor through, I mean, yeah he's not the most gentle of souls but the man would never join forces with Thanos.

I would very much like to leave the whole Namora romance and retcon of her origin far, far behind. Remember, it wasn't just the royal adoption that made no sense. It was the royal family and the nobles and who knows how many other Atlanteans being manipulated by a secret scientist eugenics council for hundreds / thousands of years.

Secret Empire ... that's another long post, for another night. But yes, it was long past time for Namora to finally remember she was an Atlantean, considering what was happening to Atlantis the last couple of years.
    Yeah, I would rather that be all ignored and just make things simple. I don't know if he would tackle that, but maybe given enough time and the book sells well. (Come on Namor fans make sure it sells well. please)

Quote Originally Posted by jorge17881 View Post
    Okay, I like that...I like that tweet a lot. LOL, and his reaction to his own mistake. Perfect!

Plus there's the blank variant, so you can get an artist to draw your own custom Namor cover. There's also supposedly a Skottie Young and a John Tyler Christopher variants, but I'm guessing these will have Jean on it, not Namor. Though, Namor REALLY needs a John Tyler Christopher Action Figure variant. I mean, Stingray even has one.
    Here's the Skottie Young variant! Kind fun group shot.

Screen Shot 2018-01-15 at 8.51.06 AM.jpg

I'm cautious. But I'm buying the book until Taylor gives me a reason NOT to buy the book.

Jean develop Namor. I'm not really seeing that. Though ... now that I think on it, I'm wondering if this where we get to see Namor 'redeemed?' If so, I hope it's done with some thought, nuance, and consideration of the completely impossible situation Hickman put Namor into. Of course, maybe Namor will be helping Jean out too with her baggage. ;p
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    If anyone can pull off the Redeem story I think Tom can, he had to fix a lot of the issues that the writer after Robinson's changed up on Earth-2 and actually helped in making sense for some of the actions in Injustice. He should be able to handle Namor being redeemed. Still can't believe a lot of the sludge that Hickman put Namor through, I mean, yeah he's not the most gentle of souls but the man would never join forces with Thanos.
    I'm always cautious with Namor being involved in stories. Especially lately.

I don't know, Namor was really pressed into an impossible situation where if he didn't join forces with Thanos, Secret Wars wouldn't have even happened. I think it was meant to show his resolve. No other member of the Illuminati could do what he did, but they all knew he had to do it.

The inclusion of Gentle in X-Men: Red indicates Tom at least wants to explore the Atlantis/Wakanda issue. I can't imagine Namor allowing any Wakandan within the walls of Atlantis so something has to happen to make that plausible. It's why I think Jean may be able to assist Namor with some development. Their personalities compliment each other well imo, in a way that isn't confrontational.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post

I often equate the struggles of Atlantis with Native North Americans, culturally. Considering how Namor himself is a mutant, I'd wager Atlanteans or more likely to embrace mutant manifestations, similar to how some native tribes around the world embrace what could possibly be considered deformaties in the western world.
    Last edited by Of Atlantis; 01-15-2018 at 07:06 AM.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Hi guys, why do you think Jean is going to search help from Namor?

Is quite interesting, of all people she knows why him, if they never knew each other.

Quote Originally Posted by jorge17881 View Post
    Hi guys, why do you think Jean is going to search help from Namor?

Is quite interesting, of all people she knows why him, if they never knew each other.
    I think by the end of Phoenix Resurrection, she'll return and not like where the X-Men have ended up, possibly leading her to request Namor for a base of operations.

What leads her to him might be the essence of the Phoenix left over from AvX. We know Namor still struggles with the Phoenix Force within him from Young Jean's series. He may opt to trade sanctuary for aid in dealing with it. Who better to help with that than Jean?
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    I think by the end of Phoenix Resurrection, she'll return and not like where the X-Men have ended up, possibly leading her to request Namor for a base of operations.

What leads her to him might be the essence of the Phoenix left over from AvX. We know Namor still struggles with the Phoenix Force within him from Young Jean's series. He may opt to trade sanctuary for aid in dealing with it. Who better to help with that than Jean?
    Yeah, maybe that, or you know i been think that Jean and Namor probably they going to meet in PR#4 or #5, since he going to appear in Jean Grey#11 or at less he's in the cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post

That's a really good point. I didn't realize that he was still dealing with that. I can see Jean helping him out and maybe getting it slowly out of him as an option. Also I can see her requesting his aid in dealing with some of the fall out from the Resurrection. Maybe she feels she needs a strong and smart team to handle issues coming up?