Page 585 of 631 FirstFirst ... 85485535575581582583584585586587588589595 ... LastLast
Results 8,761 to 8,775 of 9460

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Namor hasn't had a lot of appearances in media recently (thanks, Perlmutter), but what do you imagine his voice being like? He's one of the few Marvel heroes who I don't have a mental voice for when reading his dialogue.
    My Namor voice is a kind of high-pitched, regal and pompous, voice (it's similar to my voice for Quicksilver) but I think somebody like Ray Chase or Travis Willingham could do a pretty good Namor.

Mighty Member

Namor hasn't had a lot of appearances in media recently (thanks, Perlmutter), but what do you imagine his voice being like? He's one of the few Marvel heroes who I don't have a mental voice for when reading his dialogue.
    Ah, you never saw the great 60s cartoon then: https://youtu.be/garyyBRm6fg?list=PL...28e_fm0C&t=559

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

You mean ZERO appearances. They can't even use him in the games, now, because of the rights situation. Beyond disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    My Namor voice is a kind of high-pitched, regal and pompous, voice (it's similar to my voice for Quicksilver) but I think somebody like Ray Chase or Travis Willingham could do a pretty good Namor.
    I am not familiar with those people, but I googled them. Ray Chase sounds way too young. Not sure about Willingham. I think of Namor have a deeper voice. Someone that sounds regal in a normal tone, but can still manage the Imperius Rex battle cry!

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Ah, you never saw the great 60s cartoon then: https://youtu.be/garyyBRm6fg?list=PL...28e_fm0C&t=559
    Yes. The very deep voice of John Veron.

Namor was also in the Fantastic Four cartoon from the 2000s, but I couldn't find the video.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 10-20-2018 at 12:07 PM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I am not familiar with those people, but I googled them. Ray Chase sounds way too young. Not sure about Willingham. I think of Namor have a deeper voice. Someone that sounds regal in a normal tone, but can still manage the Imperius Rex battle cry!
    I know Chase sounds young, but he can do deeper, older, voices. Willingham is pretty darn deep .

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    I meant to say that Namor killing Hyperion after resurrected would have been justified since Hyperion had destroyed Atlantis and murdered him.
    Sorry, I misunderstood. Yes, I can see Namor being justifiably upset at what happened to Atlantis and the Atlanteans. But there's a long list of people who have trashed Atlantis and killed Atlanteans, but Namor, despite how modern writers have portrayed him, isn't about killing people.

[imb]http://i1376.photobucket.com/albums/ah7/NamorTheSubMarinerDotNet/Z_Comics/Sub-Mariner%201968/SM%2006/Sub-Mariner%2006-20_crop_zpsvn0aqttb.jpg[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    you remember how he was resurrected right? hint: it was by the people who killed him (and kicked his head like a soccer ball).
    Yes, and that made zero sense -- like most of the story -- and should have never happened in the first place. Every character has ridiculous stories that are better off forgotten and disregarded, and this one definitely qualifies.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I know Chase sounds young, but he can do deeper, older, voices. Willingham is pretty darn deep .
    I would have to hear more from Wilingham -- the Fullmetal Alchemist clip I heard had promise. Their audition would have to include an "Imperius Rex!" shout.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    My thoughts on the past Avengers had been summed up by others pretty well; Namor would never have killed Walter for not agreeing with him, and I dislike how one of the few characters Namor is friendly with was killed. Namor would not have allied himself with Tiger Shark. This just proves that Aaron has no clue how to write Namor. I was very disappointed learning that X-Men Red will be ending soon and we barely got any time with Namor. I really wanted to see them explore his mutant side more.
    I'm still holding out hope that it means that Jason Aaron is showing how this is NOT Namor as we know him.

I've been disappointed with X-Men Red, honestly. Taylor's Namor is bland, his presence is puzzling, and underused. I mean, if you want to drop a tidal wave on an abandoned Genosha, WHO do you think has the most experience with that? Oh, Storm, of course. Wait, what???

And the nonsense that happened when Atlantis was attacked was just sad. I think Taylor just wanted to put Jean's base underwater, and really didn't have a plan or purpose for Namor.

Namor's earlier association with the X-Men was world's better, even with it's problems.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I'm pretty much hoping that somehow we can get some good writing in the upcoming defenders and invaders series though the summary of Namor being the villain is not inspiring. I really want to know when will we have the Subby family all together again? For the first time in decades we have Namor, Namora, and Namorita all alive in the same time period that isn't a AU.
    This is my hope also. I'm encouraged by the fact that Namor obviously is playing a major role from the START.

And I agree. WHERE are Namor's relatives???

Mighty Member

Sorry, I misunderstood. Yes, I can see Namor being justifiably upset at what happened to Atlantis and the Atlanteans. But there's a long list of people who have trashed Atlantis and killed Atlanteans, but Namor, despite how modern writers have portrayed him, isn't about killing people.

Yes, and that made zero sense -- like most of the story -- and should have never happened in the first place. Every character has ridiculous stories that are better off forgotten and disregarded, and this one definitely qualifies.
    Ah, great panels and proof that this Namor is an impostor! Either that or this story is another writer's misrepresentation of Namor!

Another thing is I have looked at the panels of Stingray's "death" and you would expect those sharks to have torn apart his body but the position of his arm at the end gives the impression as if there is still a complete body, hopefully his armor protected him and he is not dead. I know I'm probably holding on to straws here.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Namor and Quicksilver are the exact same brand of dickhead and I love it and they NEED a team-up.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

The '60s cartoon voice is the voice I hear in my head.

Who is the blonde in the last panel, forefront?

Who wrote/drew that?

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Who wrote/drew that?
    Roy Thomas wrote it, John Buscema drew it. From Sub-Mariner #6, IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Who is the blonde in the last panel, forefront?
    I'm not sure. It could be Warlord Seth, as I think he stood up to Tiger Shark, IIRC. Or it could be a random Atlantean.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    Namor and Quicksilver are the exact same brand of dickhead and I love it and they NEED a team-up.
    You mean beside the alternate universe one on Battleworld?

I do enjoy both, but they might be too similar -- they would butt heads constantly.