Page 495 of 631 FirstFirst ... 395445485491492493494495496497498499505545595 ... LastLast
Results 7,411 to 7,425 of 9460

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    The most satisfying outcome to me would be if the time travel happens simply to give Namor a warning in the past so it results in a victory over the Squadron Supreme in the present.
    I agree. Maybe the Atlantis the SS destroyed was an illusion created by Atlantean magic or something, and Namor is simply waiting for a moment to strike.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    the original everett one..i'd love to see how he reacts to everything that has happened in his life from the 60s - 2010s
    LOL! That would be awesome. Slapping the mayor and yelling "Suffering Shad!"

We did get a little of that in Avengers Invaders ... he didn't like his old self very much.

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    i'd reckon he'd take namor around atlantis attacks era
    Hmmmm. Interesting. Like the other time Namor 'died.' Of course, don't get me started on the sheer stupidity of killing of Namor at the beginning of an event called Atlantis Attacks. grrrrrrr
    Last edited by Reviresco; 07-13-2016 at 05:28 PM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    I agree. I think anything less than Namor wanting to slaughter them would be a disservice.

As for bringing back a time displaced Namor... I would hate that. I would much rather PP give a past Namor a head's up, and change the future, rather than plop a past Namor. It negates a lot of development, not to mention leaving the "real" Namor with an undignified end.
    I'm not fond of the time displaced version, either, but that may be where Robinson is headed, with Warrior Woman trying to steal Reed's time machine. Hopefully that's a red herring, and she has to find another way, or, as you said, it ends up changing the future ... though I'm not sure how that would work out. I mean, everything that's been published for SS wouldn't have happened?

I agree on both counts. It basically trashes all that Namor has gone through, and is sort of insulting to the previous writers, and it ends Marvels' longest running character in truly crappy fashion.

The most satisfying outcome to me would be if the time travel happens simply to give Namor a warning in the past so it results in a victory over the Squadron Supreme in the present.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vernedi View Post
    That would be awesome! I would cheer if we got a splash page of Namor standing victorious over the bodies of the SS members.
    Agreed! Something like Thor-El's cover would be a good _start._

I agree. Maybe the Atlantis the SS destroyed was an illusion created by Atlantean magic or something, and Namor is simply waiting for a moment to strike.
    I could live with that. That Namor and the Atlanteans magicked the SS into believing that, so Atlantis could go into 'hiding' and not be bothered by these bogus invasions.

There was a lot that wasn't explained in that attack, like WTF was Attuma doing there? And what was that land mass, Hyperion threw Atlantis on? And where were Namora and Namorita?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

What if not Atlantean Magic, but that of Mordred. Or Anthony Ludgate. Dr. Druid worked with Namor briefly as an Avenger after all (Stern's run). The entire first act of the first issue could have been an illusion propagated by one of those two, sent back through time to save/protect Namor and Atlantis. That would sure explain why Attuma of all people was fighting alongside Namor in that battle.
    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

Actually . . . the more I think about it, if it was an illusory thing that almost saves face for everybody. Atlantis and Namor are okay. The Squadron has the opportunity to save face and back-pedal on the whole regicide, civilization-murder thing (i.e. having accumulated more experience on Earth-616 (if it still is that) they have a second chance to do the right thing this time. Thundra is still pretty cool and blameless in everything. Sure, Power Princess/Warrior Woman is still a bloodthirsty megalomanic, but I'm still convinced she's her worlds version of Selene/Black Queen though so nerts to her. Or maybe the PP/Mordred/Druid will just change things up so that the SS doesn't kill Namor and destroy Atlantis in the first place.
    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

Quote Originally Posted by Vernedi View Post
    Adding to my statement that MArvel lets criminals get away with anything... they let Hawkeye murder the Hulk...

Will the Squadron Supreme ever be punished for killing Namor?

Will Doom ever pay for his crimes?
    Namor's no angel himself and some characters are easier to paint in a bad light than others.
    Hawkeye murdering hulk here THEN getting his own book (sorta) is highly questionable..

Given the circumstances,that would be the best
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    What if not Atlantean Magic, but that of Mordred. Or Anthony Ludgate. Dr. Druid worked with Namor briefly as an Avenger after all (Stern's run). The entire first act of the first issue could have been an illusion propagated by one of those two, sent back through time to save/protect Namor and Atlantis. That would sure explain why Attuma of all people was fighting alongside Namor in that battle.
    Of course, I prefer it to be Atlantean magic.

Wasn't Dr. Druid working against the Avengers in that run? I'm not sure why Mordred and he would be helping Namor, but I haven't been reading SS either. Are they showing up even past the Weirdworld arc?

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    Actually . . . the more I think about it, if it was an illusory thing that almost saves face for everybody. Atlantis and Namor are okay. The Squadron has the opportunity to save face and back-pedal on the whole regicide, civilization-murder thing (i.e. having accumulated more experience on Earth-616 (if it still is that) they have a second chance to do the right thing this time. Thundra is still pretty cool and blameless in everything. Sure, Power Princess/Warrior Woman is still a bloodthirsty megalomanic, but I'm still convinced she's her worlds version of Selene/Black Queen though so nerts to her. Or maybe the PP/Mordred/Druid will just change things up so that the SS doesn't kill Namor and destroy Atlantis in the first place.
    An illusion does have its benefits ... but the SS were doing questionable things all along. Do you see their ruthless mandate changing?

Mighty Member

Marvel likes to kill its heroes, and I guess as long as it keeps selling comics they will keep recycling deaths and resurrections. The last casualty is Bruce Banner in Civil War II. And Cyclops is next. I guess we shouldn't feel so bad for Namor at least we are getting him back in 3 months. Hmm right around the time Dr. Strange hits the theater...how I wish there was an after credits scene relating to the coming of Prince Namor to the MCU.
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Of course, I prefer it to be Atlantean magic.

Wasn't Dr. Druid working against the Avengers in that run? I'm not sure why Mordred and he would be helping Namor, but I haven't been reading SS either. Are they showing up even past the Weirdworld arc?

An illusion does have its benefits ... but the SS were doing questionable things all along. Do you see their ruthless mandate changing?
    As the series has advanced? YES. Absolutely. Thundra is 100% cool. Hyperion has shown a lot of guilt for what went down in #1. Blur is increasingly wanting a more measured approach. Dr. Spectrum has calmed down a lot in the aftermath of the last arc and seems to be rethinking things. Even Nighthawk, though still pretty cold-blooded, seems to be taking a more precise approach in things. Power Princess/Warrior Woman did this huge heel-turn in the second arc (Weirdworld) I think Ludgate/Druid started out as genuine as an Avenger, but his own ambition and the manipulations of Nebula/Terminatrix got him off track. Namor was no longer with the team by the time all that shook out, so maybe he's got some affection for the Avenging Son still. Ludgate was struggling between a desire for redemption and some power-lust when Damion Hellstorm killed him, so he's not totally irredeemable himself.
    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

The Namor merchandise is few and far between, but if you are at a con with Joe Jusko, you can pick up this AMAZING print!

Obviously inspired by the corner box art of Silver Age comics.

https://twitter.com/JoeJusko/status/723880945347112960

Also here is the original art he created to make the print.

From the lucky guy that owns the original.

http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryp...?piece=1312699

I NEED to get to a con with Joe Jusko.

IF this ends up being a time displaced Namor, what time period do you want him to come from? And what time period do you think Robinson will pull him from?
    I liked Roger Stern's take on him when he joined the Avengers. The interaction between him and Herc was some of the best male bonding written in a comic.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by reviresco View Post
    the namor merchandise is few and far between, but if you are at a con with joe jusko, you can pick up this amazing print!

obviously inspired by the corner box art of silver age comics.

also here is the original art he created to make the print.

i need to get to a con with joe jusko.
    Wow!!! Best sub-mariner piece i've seen in a long time! Just fantastic!!!!
    Last edited by Thor-El; 07-14-2016 at 03:22 PM.
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

Wow!!! Best sub-mariner piece i've seen in a long time! Just fantastic!!!!
    I agree. It's gorgeous in the vein of Buscema! I love the idea of corner box art, but this is the best one I've seen. I do like the distressed look, but I wish he'd left it off the left side near his arm.

I need to contact him and see if he does mail order. I'm not sure I'll make it to a con this year, much less one he is attending.

Marvel likes to kill its heroes, and I guess as long as it keeps selling comics they will keep recycling deaths and resurrections. The last casualty is Bruce Banner in Civil War II. And Cyclops is next. I guess we shouldn't feel so bad for Namor at least we are getting him back in 3 months. Hmm right around the time Dr. Strange hits the theater...how I wish there was an after credits scene relating to the coming of Prince Namor to the MCU.
    Wouldn't that be so awesome?! I was thinking about the Aquaman movie, again, this afternoon, and how Marvel has completely missed the boat with their sea prince.

Yes, I saw the news about Bruce Banner --and I've no idea what they are doing to Tony Stark -- but I'm not supporting either book (both written by Bendis) where that mess occurred. I think that's the second "Death Of" book Soule's been part of, the other being Death of Wolverine. I'm curious about what happened to the mutants, but as I said elsewhere, Marvel has been killing my interest in their books. Maybe I'll check out the trade, if I hear good things.

Wouldn't that be so awesome?! I was thinking about the Aquaman movie, again, this afternoon, and how Marvel has completely missed the boat with their sea prince.

Yes, I saw the news about Bruce Banner --and I've no idea what they are doing to Tony Stark -- but I'm not supporting either book (both written by Bendis) where that mess occurred. I think that's the second "Death Of" book Soule's been part of, the other being Death of Wolverine. I'm curious about what happened to the mutants, but as I said elsewhere, Marvel has been killing my interest in their books. Maybe I'll check out the trade, if I hear good things.
    Remind me when it comes out in October and I can share my two cents here. I'm not big on Soule (because I'm not big on the Inhumans), but he's co-authoring it with Lemire, who I adore, so I'm going to give it a chance.
    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER