Page 499 of 631 FirstFirst ... 399449489495496497498499500501502503509549599 ... LastLast
Results 7,471 to 7,485 of 9460
    Mighty Member

The way Hyperion killed Namor was so bogus. Yes I expect a powerful eyebeam could cut through normal skin like thru butter but Namor's skin is not normal skin, his skin and muscle should be the equivalent of trying to cut thru reinforced steel. In order to be able to cut Namor's head he would probably have to be immobilized to a platform and require Hyperion to be a long arduous time trying to do it not the way it happened, just a simple zzzzit! and his head is off!

My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    The way Hyperion killed Namor was so bogus. Yes I expect a powerful eyebeam could cut through normal skin like thru butter but Namor's skin is not normal skin, his skin and muscle should be the equivalent of trying to cut thru reinforced steel. In order to be able to cut Namor's head he would probably have to be immobilized to a platform and require Hyperion to be a long arduous time trying to do it not the way it happened, just a simple zzzzit! and his head is off!

I agree for two reasons.

One --as your post showed, Robinson himself showed how durable Namor was against these sort of energy eye beams.

Two -- Robinson completely ignored Namor and Atlantis' magical side, while repeatedly showing Hyperion's kryptonite is magic. He should have NO effect on Namor or Atlantis. It's like Hickman repeatedly ignoring Namor's ability to fly in fights.

I am wondering if we are going to get a "It was all a deception" resolution, cause too many things about that issue were off.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 07-26-2016 at 08:51 AM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Mighty Member

I love how Robinson has Namor shrugging off Ikaris's eyebeams to the neck, but Hyperions can decapitate him? What??

Quote Originally Posted by Namor'sWrath View Post
    I love how Robinson has Namor shrugging off Ikaris's eyebeams to the neck, but Hyperions can decapitate him? What??
    Exactly! It doesn't really make sense. There's a few things in that issue that go counter to what Robinson himself has written.

Plus, there's the appearance of Attuma fighting with the Atlanteans; the non-appearance of Namorita or Namora; the completely wrong business of a landmass being next to Atlantis; the idiocy of the Atlanteans coming ON LAND to fight the SS; and no magic users.

Top all that off with the scene in SS 9 where the vision says the numbers Atlanteans and Namor are what allow for the conquest of earth and overcoming of ALL of earth's superheros -- while those same folks couldn't handle the SS???? The same Atlanteans that have been a punching bag to make others look good since the first Civil War?

Something weird going on.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I agree for two reasons.

One --as your post showed, Robinson himself showed how durable Namor was against these sort of energy eye beams.

Two -- Robinson completely ignored Namor and Atlantis' magical side, while repeatedly showing Hyperion's kryptonite is magic. He should have NO effect on Namor or Atlantis. It's like Hickman repeatedly ignoring Namor's ability to fly in fights.

I am wondering if we are going to get a "It was all a deception" resolution, cause too many things about that issue were off.
    Wouldn't surprise me given what's going on with Mordred and Druid. But even if I'm not surprised I'm still going to LOVE IT.
    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

Mighty Member

Robinson could argue that Hyperion's eyebeams are thousand times stronger than Ikaris so as in an eyebeam competition Ikaris head would be blown up by Hyperion's beams but then so much for being an eternal and just a step below the gods in evolution. Back when Lee & Kirby were writing the Marvel Universe I'm sure a god status meant a lot more and Thor being beaten by Superman as in the JLAvengers crossover was unthinkable. Now Hyperion gets to ride the Superman wave in the Marvel Universe and be untouchable which when I think of it just reflects so pathetic on Marvel. And Namor was in many ways and for many years Marvel/Timely's Superman. Sub-mariner being published for the first time April 1939 and Superman June 1938.
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me given what's going on with Mordred and Druid. But even if I'm not surprised I'm still going to LOVE IT.
    I'm definitely happy to see Namor resurrected!

Robinson could argue that Hyperion's eyebeams are thousand times stronger than Ikaris so as in an eyebeam competition Ikaris head would be blown up by Hyperion's beams but then so much for being an eternal and just a step below the gods in evolution. Back when Lee & Kirby were writing the Marvel Universe I'm sure a god status meant a lot more and Thor being beaten by Superman as in the JLAvengers crossover was unthinkable. Now Hyperion gets to ride the Superman wave in the Marvel Universe and be untouchable which when I think of it just reflects so pathetic on Marvel. And Namor was in many ways and for many years Marvel/Timely's Superman. Sub-mariner being published for the first time April 1939 and Superman June 1938.
    Like I said when the SS series were announced ... I don't understand why Marvel is pushing the JLA knock offs at all, much less why their original Superman analog is sacrificed to do so. Makes. No. Sense.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 07-27-2016 at 12:28 AM.

I think he still is. Lemme' at im!
    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I'm definitely happy to see Namor resurrected!

Like I said when the SS series were announced ... I don't understand why Marvel is pushing the JLA knock offs at all, muh less why their original Superman analog is sacrificed to do so. Makes. No. Sense.
    Robinson escaped his contract at DC and came over at a time when Namor was being treated alternately as a joke or the target of outright character assassination while being consistently maligned by Marvel's top executives. The most sense I can make of it was that Robinson reasoned the best way to escape the process of Namor being torn down was to finish the job so that he could explode from the ashes renewed and more unstoppable (lit. Imperious in the Latin) than ever.
    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    Robinson escaped his contract at DC and came over at a time when Namor was being treated alternately as a joke or the target of outright character assassination while being consistently maligned by Marvel's top executives. The most sense I can make of it was that Robinson reasoned the best way to escape the process of Namor being torn down was to finish the job so that he could explode from the ashes renewed and more unstoppable (lit. Imperious in the Latin) than ever.
    I guess we will have to wait and see what happens with Namor after he's been resurrected from his completely disrespectful demise. But if that was Robinson's intention, I think he'd have pulled it off better in a Namor book, instead of a SS book.

That said, I can certainly see your point and agree to an extent. Cause looking at Namor's non-existent role in Secret Wars, I bet that Hickman actually intended to kill Namor off permanently, before the event, and Robinson wanting to use him to boost the SS, probably saved Namor from a more permanent death / limbo.

Here's a cool custom action figure RiseRobotRise did! They even did up the packaging and did accessories. Granted, these are some of my least favorite costume choices (fur cape and bucket crown), but I would so buy it for the retro appeal. I think he did a really good job on the speedo and belt and bracelets.

https://www.figurerealm.com/customfi...=view&id=76279
    Last edited by Reviresco; 07-27-2016 at 08:49 AM.

I'm pretty sure that scene in the cover happens in here after Warrior Woman says "Got him!" cause that's the exact same costume he was wearing when he was murdered and everything seems accurate.

Good catch! Definitely a possibility.

Also, here and on that Garner cover for SS 12, I wonder if it is just chance that he makes Namor and Warrior Woman's costumes so alike? They could almost be uniforms.

WHEN will he be finally ressurected? I refuse to read any SS, untill that happens. but they have been telling it will happen for so long already...

Quote Originally Posted by craybest View Post
    WHEN will he be finally ressurected? I refuse to read any SS, untill that happens. but they have been telling it will happen for so long already...
    I hear you!

It is hard to tell. If we are to believe the cover and the solicit for SS 12, which says it is the FINAL chapter of Finding Namor, Namor should at least appear in the issue ... and perhaps be resurrected in this issue. Of course, the cover we saw in the preview for October, #13 I believe, had Namor's arm busting out of the ocean floor ... so I don't know.

Another take on Roomate Namor ... with Reed! LOL!

From Jonabot80
    https://www.instagram.com/jonabot80/