Page 383 of 631 FirstFirst ... 283333373379380381382383384385386387393433483 ... LastLast
Results 5,731 to 5,745 of 9460

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    i tried to remain hopeful after i found out about Namor's death. but man, the way he was treated was really disrespectful.
    Some of the stuff pretty much belonged in MAX books
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Chief Jon, thanks for the heads up on where to get the t-shirt.

By the way, anyone who does send tweets and mail to any of the listed people, please remember to be polite. While you might not like how Robinson did this, remember he's still a writer who is just doing his job of telling a story to advance the events in the Marvel U, just like hickman was, so no threats on him or the editors please.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post

By the way, anyone who does send tweets and mail to any of the listed people, please remember to be polite. While you might not like how Robinson did this, remember he's still a writer who is just doing his job of telling a story to advance the events in the Marvel U, just like hickman was, so no threats on him or the editors please.
    Yup. Threats are no help. People used to threaten to throw Gerry Conway off the George Washington Bridge and see what kills him first, the fall or the landing.....that never helped. Didn't bring Gwen back either.

Let them know your displeasure though.

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

OFFICIAL FAN PETITION
    I will not buy any issue of Squadron Supreme until Namor is alive again (it is okay to read for free at LCS/Library/etc.)

1 MANTIS GIRL
    2 REVIRESCO
    3 ABE
    4 Dzub
    5 CUSTODES
    6 Thor-El

Thank you Thor-El, and welcome aboard

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    All New All Different Indeed.
    No Reed,Sue, Bruce Banner, Namor.
    All New, Almost Unrecognizable

I'm leaning to valiant as the best comic company right now
    I love the Valiant books. Fantastic stuff.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    All New All Different Indeed.
    No Reed,Sue, Bruce Banner, Namor.
    All New, Almost Unrecognizable

I'm leaning to valiant as the best comic company right now
    I love this so much. The first volume X-O Manowar deluxe edition is one of the best purchases I've made this year. Aric reminds me of Namor in a lot of ways. And yesterday's Wrath of the Eternal Warrior (the only other book I bought) really took the edge off of SS#1.
    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post

You're welcome @Darkspellmaster. My "tweet" was "Strong read overall, but as a Namor fan SS#1 tore my heart out. I hope that the story isn't really over for him nor Atlantis".

Head to Robinson's Page to read his reply (and see me in my awesome white suit)
    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Hey guys in the namor thread, I'm sorry for your loss, I was never a big fan of namor or his illuminati and I think a character of such history at least deserved a better death arc than getting beheaded by a superman wannabe.
    I think namor shouldn't have been the only one to take the hit and all of the Illuminati deserve the blame for time runs out, not just namor.
    RIP Namor, Imperious Rex
    It's appreciated. Hopefully fans vote with their wallet, discouraging Marvel to do things like this at the expense of characters with dedicated fan bases. It's not a problem to most until its their favourite character who's the victim.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

I'll buy SS if they are getting stomped by Ultimates or if they are the villains in a crossover but otherwise I'm going to avoid this series like it's carrying plague.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Mighty Member

Thank you Rev, Chief John and Mantis Girl for the welcoming. Wow Rev, that is an amazing story about Ed McGuinness wanting to do a Namor series, how different would have been the outcome if Bendis wouldn't have touched the character and an ongoing with Ed McGuinness would have been written instead. I wonder if there is still a way to convince the powers that be to launch such a project. Chief John digging the Imperius Rex t-shirt, would love to buy it as a tank top or stringer to take to the gym if that was available. Thank you for the threads link Rev, definitely following those too. Thanks for those links to Marvel creators too. I did send a tweet to Robinson basically telling him that I thought he liked Namor and that I was feeling betrayed by him killing the character when he had the power to save and elevate the character.
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

Dear depressed Namor fans, don't forget that we'll still have Everett's Namor upcoming January. I'd hold on to the silver age books for a while, but I'd also give SS a chance until next event.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Thank you Rev, Chief John and Mantis Girl for the welcoming. Wow Rev, that is an amazing story about Ed McGuinness wanting to do a Namor series, how different would have been the outcome if Bendis wouldn't have touched the character and an ongoing with Ed McGuinness would have been written instead. I wonder if there is still a way to convince the powers that be to launch such a project. Chief John digging the Imperius Rex t-shirt, would love to buy it as a tank top or stringer to take to the gym if that was available. Thank you for the threads link Rev, definitely following those too. Thanks for those links to Marvel creators too. I did send a tweet to Robinson basically telling him that I thought he liked Namor and that I was feeling betrayed by him killing the character when he had the power to save and elevate the character.
    Heck yeah! I know there is a tank option available which I think I might order soon. I've been getting increasingly into lifting myself with Cosplay ambitions (and besides, can't have my "Imperius Rex" Tattoo sitting on a bony shoulder). I sort of phased out t-shirts about a year ago and have a hard time wearing them regularly now. And thanks for sending a tweet! I think Robinson and maybe Brevoort might be most empathetic to us, but I'm not sure how to address Tom B or the other editorial folks yet.
    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    It's appreciated. Hopefully fans vote with their wallet, discouraging Marvel to do things like this at the expense of characters with dedicated fan bases. It's not a problem to most until its their favourite character who's the victim.
    We won't know until we get the sales numbers, add me to the fan petition. I was really excited about squadron supreme but realizing how marvel mistreated one of his oldest characters discouraged me from getting issue 2. I've never been a fan of namor but I've got experience in marvel throwing **** at my favorite character (look my avatar) so I'll support all of you on this one. And try to contact the fans of the f4, I'm sure they share the same concerns

Quote Originally Posted by plantsea View Post
    Dear depressed Namor fans, don't forget that we'll still have Everett's Namor upcoming January. I'd hold on to the silver age books for a while, but I'd also give SS a chance until next event.

Thanks for bringing that up @Plantsea. Hopefully Axel will do a little promo for that if he responds to my question for the week in AiC.
    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    We won't know until we get the sales numbers, add me to the fan petition. I was really excited about squadron supreme but realizing how marvel mistreated one of his oldest characters discouraged me from getting issue 2. I've never been a fan of namor but I've got experience in marvel throwing **** at my favorite character (look my avatar) so I'll support all of you on this one. And try to contact the fans of the f4, I'm sure they share the same concerns
    I've only recently become more of a Cyclops fan myself. Can't imagine what the current rumours of his death mean to long time fans. This kind of thing needs to stop.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher