Page 507 of 631 FirstFirst ... 7407457497503504505506507508509510511517557607 ... LastLast
Results 7,591 to 7,605 of 9460
    Amazing Member

the more Namor the better!

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenghisDon View Post
    the more Namor the better!
    I agree 200%!

Welcome to the thread, GenghisDon.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    I don't think they're going to do the Zombie thing since that's been played out. Crossing my fingers that this some how branches off into a actual Namor comic and hey, since we're bringing him back, surprise us and bring back the rest of his cast as well at some point.
    I thought it was played out long ago, and yet here we are with this variant cover...

I hope so, but Marvel / Alonso seems totally uninterested in the oceans and Namor --- unless he's being abused for another character's benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    Thing is, if they're using time travel to do it, there may be nothing to be cool about if they prevent what they did to Atlantis from ever happening. Namor would be none the wiser unless someone tells him.
    So, Robinson is going to negate everything that has happened since the first issue? That would be ... odd. Though not the first time. Remember Fraction's Defenders?

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post

The reason I don't think this cover is a zombie is that zombies are always slowly moving, wandering. this reads immediately as a corpse to me because of all the moss and algae that is growing around him. Also he is positioned as a statue, sitting in a very regal way, seemed to me done out of respect and love, almost veneration. Eyes are also positioned as if looking ahead but in a very vacant gaze. Hence my believe this is the work of some Atlanteans. Very morbid but very effective piece.
    Well, it does look like he has been tied down with kelp ... or sitting still so long it grew over him. It's just a weird choice, all around, IMO.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

BANNED

How powerful is Namor on land?

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post
    Fresh out of water or under water, he's in the 100 tonne+ range, but he's had feats greater than that.

On land, his strength tends to decrease the longer he's away from water, but it's very gradual, usually standardized at about 75 tonnes or so I'd say, but there have been instances where he's become so dehydrated, his strength has dropped much, much lower.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I thought it was played out long ago, and yet here we are with this variant cover...

I hope so, but Marvel / Alonso seems totally uninterested in the oceans and Namor --- unless he's being abused for another character's benefit.

So, Robinson is going to negate everything that has happened since the first issue? That would be ... odd. Though not the first time. Remember Fraction's Defenders?

Well, it does look like he has been tied down with kelp ... or sitting still so long it grew over him. It's just a weird choice, all around, IMO.
    It reminds me of an experience I had when I was a little boy. We had a school excursion to a catholic church where the embalmed remains of a saint were being preserved in a glass box. By now it was almost a wax statue but the eyes look very much like Namor's in this pic. Needless to say the impression left me checking underneath my bed every night before going to sleep for years.
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

It reminds me of an experience I had when I was a little boy. We had a school excursion to a catholic church where the embalmed remains of a saint were being preserved in a glass box. By now it was almost a wax statue but the eyes look very much like Namor's in this pic. Needless to say the impression left me checking underneath my bed every night before going to sleep for years.
    O_O

That would have creeped me out as a kid, too.

So, that would be a nope to Zombie Namor or Saint Namor.

I hadn't seen this before ... it's an unused cover sketch for Marvel Knights 4 by Steve McNiven.

http://mcnivenart.tumblr.com/post/14...ugh-for-marvel

Of course, this is the one that was used.

That's a pretty savage right hook.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Mighty Member

I hadn't seen this before ... it's an unused cover sketch for Marvel Knights 4 by Steve McNiven.

http://mcnivenart.tumblr.com/post/14...ugh-for-marvel

Of course, this is the one that was used.

I never like when Sub-Mariner fights Reed, I can't help but root for Reed, plus Subby ends up looking like a bully.
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post
    i believe he can go toe to toe with anyone on land
    he's about as strong and durable as anyone in the MU
    although he has been nerfed drastically in the last decade or so

apologies for my lack of activity!
    unfortunately there's not much Namor to talk about these days but that will change soon (i hope)
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    i believe he can go toe to toe with anyone on land
    he's about as strong and durable as anyone in the MU
    although he has been nerfed drastically in the last decade or so

apologies for my lack of activity!
    unfortunately there's not much Namor to talk about these days but that will change soon (i hope)
    It's good to see you again, dzub!

I'm hoping we get more current stuff to chat about -- I just hope I'll be a little less busy then.

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    That's a pretty savage right hook.
    It certainly does come across that way ... perhaps that was why they went with the other cover.

Of course, it looks even worse, with Reed's putty face.

I never like when Sub-Mariner fights Reed, I can't help but root for Reed, plus Subby ends up looking like a bully.
    We'll have to agree to disagree on that, as I rarely root for Reed over Namor. Though they Namor really outclasses Reed in those fights ... but at least Reed's rubbery body seems to bounce off alot of Namor's blows.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 09-01-2016 at 12:23 AM.

Was fortunate enough to only get some heavy rain from Hermine -- hope Thor-El and everyone else was equally lucky.

For those that read digitally, Comixology is having a big Buy One Get One Free sale this weekend. So you can pick up whatever Namor issues (including collections) you are missing for half price!

https://www.comixology.com/Marvel-Bu...WxsQ2Fyb3VzZWw

Mighty Member

Was fortunate enough to only get some heavy rain from Hermine -- hope Thor-El and everyone else was equally lucky.

Thank you, Rev, so far so good, just some mild rain.