Page 618 of 631 FirstFirst ... 118518568608614615616617618619620621622628 ... LastLast
Results 9,256 to 9,270 of 9460
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    That looks so awesome! I'm glad Kataw plays a role.

From the preview, it turns out one of the enemies is an old Defenders foe! spoilers:
    Nebulon! In his ugly form.
    end of spoilers
    You are always so perceptive and catch things I miss! I swear I missed that reference completely. I even went back and rewatch the video and still can't find it!

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    You are always so perceptive and catch things I miss! I swear I missed that reference completely. I even went back and rewatch the video and still can't find it!
    I wish.

Though I did think it looked familiar from that other Joe Bennett page we got to see, where Namor lost his silver. And you can see it in the trailer for a flash. But it's in the preview pages, for the comic.

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...est-defense-1/
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    I'm assuming that you have not interacted with that many male swimmers? They are nothing if not cocky. lol

There is a level of confidence that is ingrained in the sport. To a certain extant it critical to the sport. It's pretty much is the only sport where you are required to be almost naked in front of large groups of people for hours at a time. (some meets run 8-10 hrs) Not only that you are dripping wet, leaving very little to the imagination. (If you know what I mean) It requires the person to have or quickly develop a level of self-confidence most people ,who are not swimmers, have. Especially, in America were there seems to be a lot of hang ups with their physical builds and nudity.

Arrogant and Cocky work perfectly for Namor and his build.

It was sorta of an estimation. Like a start point without being in a stressful situation or outside influences, like water with Namor.
    Hmmm. I still think it is off. But I'm not too much for the rumbles. And the comics show repeatedly, that Namor is actually in the class above that one.

This is yet another reason why Marvel needs to return Namor's speedo permanently.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

So in the latest Avengers the Squadron Supreme is supposed to have dealt with Namor's sea squad and the narrator only said that the Squadron was quite effective in dealing with them and just shows a single panel with Hyperion subduing Orka. That's two times Aaron has used Namor as a simple plot device, first in Thor when Thor and Namor supposedly had a fight where he gave us exactly one panel and now this fight with the Squadron Supreme. Two very interesting fights full of potential and we just know Namor lost. Really hate this and it is the sort of thing that never happened before and boils my blood as a Namor fan. Used to be that whenever Namor got introduced in a story you could bet the writer was going to dedicate an entire issue to show a huge slug fest and even if Namor was destined to loose because it wasn't his book you were sure going to see him not go down easily and enjoy some fantastic action.
    Do we know if Namor lost, I mean was he with the Defenders of the Deep?

But yes. This isn't the first time Aaron has shorted and jobbed Namor. The Demon Wolverine fight also happened off panel.

To be honest, however, unless we get to see Namor wipe the ocean floor with the Squadron Supreme, I have no great interest in seeing or reading about it. I have never cared for the DC knockoffs -- I'm not even that interested in the DC originals -- and after Robinson's awfulness in this Squadron Supreme, I despise that group. I'm tired of the jobbing of Namor to make the SS look good. NO THANKS.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I just hope this means that Aaron won't be writing Namor into the Avengers any more. I would LOVE it if he was kept away from that book. I do not like his writing, and he has no clue how to write Namor. I really am putting all my hope with Zdarsky but I just really think the Invaders book will be giving us a clue about what's happening with Namor, he has those black eyes and I really think they are interesting but I do not want them to be a permanent fixture with his character for no reason.
    I think the Phoenix Wolverine 'vision' and that War of Realms poster, as well as Aaron's tweet, point toward Aaron still having 'big plans' for Namor. Here's hoping they are better plans than they've been so far.

I still think that creepy Atlantean has something to do with Namor's agressive attitude and black eyes. Why is he always 'washing' his hands?

Its really a missed opportunity for me because Ed McGuinness is such a master of fights, slug fests, physicality and Namor going against Hyperion on a rematch drawn by McGuinness would have been such an awesome sequence but of course like you I'm not too sure Aaron would have written something Namor fans would like, although his fight against the Avengers was fantastic.
    I wouldn't mind seeing McGuinness doing an epic Namor fight, that's for sure. Though, I still don't want to see sheer jobbery.

Mighty Member

I wish.

Though I did think it looked familiar from that other Joe Bennett page we got to see, where Namor lost his silver. And you can see it in the trailer for a flash. But it's in the preview pages, for the comic.

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...est-defense-1/
    Oh, I see! I haven't seen these pages! Bennet's artwork is so great, and he is killing it in Immortal Hulk! Wish we had a Defenders ongoing with this roster and this team!

Oh, I see! I haven't seen these pages! Bennet's artwork is so great, and he is killing it in Immortal Hulk! Wish we had a Defenders ongoing with this roster and this team!
    Yes, Immortal Hulk is on my trade reading list. Just have heard so many good things. And YES! Would love another Defenders ongoing. Or even an annual mini-event like this one.

Mighty Member

Hmmm. I still think it is off. But I'm not too much for the rumbles. And the comics show repeatedly, that Namor is actually in the class above that one.

This is yet another reason why Marvel needs to return Namor's speedo permanently.
    Yep, again you are right. I forgot about that but I think we even had a discussion in this same thread some time ago were we agreed that Namor should be on the super heavyweights class.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    It was sorta of an estimation. Like a start point without being in a stressful situation or outside influences, like water with Namor.
    Right. That would explain why he is not in the super heavyweights.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

I think all physique and speedo discussions should involve PICTURES. LOL!
    I agree 100% and just for my own tastes, I do prefer Everett's Namor in regards to his size, I want Namor to be tall and strong looking but also to have a sleekness to him.

I also would love nothing better than to never see the S.S. again unless Namor is kicking their butts. I do not like them and I don't like how they turned Namor into their go to villain.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

I agree 100% and just for my own tastes, I do prefer Everett's Namor in regards to his size, I want Namor to be tall and strong looking but also to have a sleekness to him.

I also would love nothing better than to never see the S.S. again unless Namor is kicking their butts. I do not like them and I don't like how they turned Namor into their go to villain.
    Hence the jobbing. Just like Namor was killed off to 'establish' the SS in Robinson's run and give him an excuse to bring in his fav, Jim Hammond.

I'm not saying that Namor can take out the SS by himself -- Hyperion IS a Superman analog, probably my least favorite superhero archetype -- but lets at least see a close fight. And stop writing Namor like an idiot. Stop having fall for the same old trick over and over. Yes, he's got a temper, but he's also cunning and used it to his advantage. He's also got plenty of tech, and even better, biotech, he can draw on, but sadly, we don't see that much anymore.

Some WILD speculation from Roy Thomas, via Bleeding Cool about the Invaders and the new Avengers movie.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/12...d-avengers-71/

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

So I follow Zsdarsky on twitter and he posted this teaser edit he made and I am so hyped for this series!

zdarskynamorteaser.jpg_large.jpg
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

So I follow Zsdarsky on twitter and he posted this teaser edit he made and I am so hyped for this series!

I love this!

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I’m so hyped for this. Magno’s art is divine.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

All-New Member

[spoil] hidden stuff [////spoil] but you only need one /, like this /spoil

Oh. spoilers:
    So, like the Atlanteans are the 11th Realm? I wasn't all that fond of Marvel adding a 10th Realm or the way it was done, so I probably wouldn't care much for the Atlanteans being added to the Asgardian mythos.

Someone posted in the Best Defense review thread that he thought the Atlanteans were half Frost Giants, because of their color and how they were used to bring down the hammers in Fear Itself. I disagreed with that retcon, as there's not any other connection, and far more evidence that the Atlaneans are magical or magic touched. But it is Jason Aaron, as you said, so we'll see how he retcons Namor into this.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:

Thank you for explaining how the spoiler tags work.

As for the realms stuff..
    Yeah I wouldn't want them to add more. Or screw with more of marvel atleantean history. I mean in norse myth I have read that there were not specifically 9 realms but rather that count came from later writers.. but that likely debatable. And it was definitely apart of marvel canon.
    And if anything the Atlaneans connect to the Greek pantheon since the royal family are descended for Poseidon ( or at least i read that once). Which could be enough to pull them in the Olympians have been pulled into the Asgardians struggles in marvel before

They could also be making all or several of the sea peoples related in marvel the Atlanteans the daughters of Aegir and Ran from norse or various river humanoid creatures and the blue men (which would make some sense) from scotland.
    Not great ideas Marvel has the idea of Atleantians as a offshout of humanity pretty well established and the Poseidon angle is there. The scottish Blueman angle as a relative group would work.
    But a full merger or myth shift not so much.
    That all said as we talked about its Jason Aaron so its something much more random. Not to mention the one shot made it look like namor just leaf a normalish world without a earthlike atmosphere
    end of spoilers