Page 584 of 631 FirstFirst ... 84484534574580581582583584585586587588594 ... LastLast
Results 8,746 to 8,760 of 9460
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Ah, I missed that about Jason Latour, you must be right.
    I hope so, but it could be Aaron too. It seems whatever Aaron is doing with Namor has gotten Editorial to actually do something with Namor that has consequences that we should see. I'm just hoping it will lead to better things for the character.

Yes, I'm still holding on hoping for some kind of mind control but it still a huge disservice to Namor to kill one of his longtime allies, not to mention supporting cast. Made me feel as bad as when they killed the Warriors Three on Thor Ragnarok, the movie. But this was even worst since it was Namor himself killing an old friend!

There's definitely something going on with Namor. However it gets fixed / explained, it better bring back Stingray. I hated when Robinson killed off Namor to prop up Squadron Supreme -- I certainly don't like it when it's done to Stingray, even for Namor. Such a waste.

That art is pretty good but you know me, if he doesn't have his iconic look I'm not satisfied. This new look is so alien with the long flowing hair and stubble. It makes Namor too young looking and sort of emo more like a member of a punk rock band than lord of the seas.
    I hate the stubble, also. It is just wrong. I think you'll like the Defenders and Invaders with Carlos Magno and Butch Guice. Namor looks more muscular.

The killing of Stingray is pure villainy to the utmost degree. This is the first time I can remember I see a superhero killing an old teammate. And this is not Namor killing another hero like say Namor killing Hawkeye or killing Hulk, or even Hyperion which in certain way would have been justified. This is a supporting cast comrade of arms from his own serialized mythology.
    Oh dear. That costume and pony tail. O_O

And Namor being carried off like he just made the winning touch down pass. LOL! But it is nice to see Namor having a good time with friends and to see his cast of regulars, like Triton and Diane Arliss and STINGRAY! Thank you for posting that.

And no, no. Can't agree. The business with Hyperion was in no way justified.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Does anybody know what Namor means in Secret Wars where he says, “Actually, I’d assumed everybody would prefer it be me this time?” It’s the scene with Doom and the Infinity Gauntlet. I've never been able to figure that out.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    I had to go back and check some of my older issues with the Hulk and Namor...looking again it can be said that they ended in a draw but for the most part it looked as if Namor had the upper hand.( At least in the issues I have) The I'm clearly missing some Hulk and all Order issues that Namor appeared in, up until reading Reviresco post/link did not know existed. ( So thank you Rev for giving me more issues to hunt down.) The Avengers issues where he fights the Hulk I didn't really consider since it wasn't a 1v1 match up and if I remember correctly was during the time were Namor wasn't at full power. (He lost his ability to fly and I think his strength was decreased?)

But all in all Namor went about two decades before he saw his second loss to the Hulk according to that blog. That is saying something to the level of how high Namor's capabilities and powers where back in the day. What we saw in Avengers #9 should be standard Namor just based off of his past alone.
    I am glad that you enjoyed the article. I loved it. Very informative and thorough. And finding new Namor appearances is always a good thing.

I think writers back in the day tended to respect characters abilities and didn't use them to build up another characters reputation. I think that's also why there were so many draws. Well, that and the fact that many of those battles usually ended up being the result of a misunderstanding / deception.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Dad View Post
    Namor should always be a top tier hero when it comes to strength and power. I think of him as equal with Hulk (when Hulk in normal Hulk and not WWH or Immortal Hulk), and equal with Thor (except that darn Hammer and God stuff always gives him a slight upper hand).

As far as Namor letting Walter be killed like that. That is totally not Namor; I cannot believe Tiger Shark didn't call that bluff right away. If that was Namor, then shame on JA for writing such a tale. Totally not something Namor would do, and I hope he explains the reasons he would write something like that.
    Agreed on both counts. At least in the water. That should be Namor's playing field.

And look at those "Defenders." Where is Tamara? Namora? Namorita? Abira? Loa? Marina? Venus? (All Namor's friends seem to be female) Crosta? Or the other undersea mutants?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    Does anybody know what Namor means in Secret Wars where he says, “Actually, I’d assumed everybody would prefer it be me this time?” It’s the scene with Doom and the Infinity Gauntlet. I've never been able to figure that out.
    I don't have most of my comics right now. Do you have the panel?

Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    And no, no. Can't agree. The business with Hyperion was in no way justified.
    I meant to say that Namor killing Hyperion after resurrected would have been justified since Hyperion had destroyed Atlantis and murdered him.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Probert View Post
    Not sure what you even mean?
    Sorry, what I meant was, the firstl namor loss was an extended fight for two to three issues which culminated in namor using the tidal wave to win, hulk had the upper hand in the beginning which made namir take the fight to sea, that upper hand was what was given to namor as a loss

The other two losses were the same fight accross different issues,the mindless hulk saga,he was put down twice in the same fight, that's what I meant

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

My thoughts on the past Avengers had been summed up by others pretty well; Namor would never have killed Walter for not agreeing with him, and I dislike how one of the few characters Namor is friendly with was killed. Namor would not have allied himself with Tiger Shark. This just proves that Aaron has no clue how to write Namor. I was very disappointed learning that X-Men Red will be ending soon and we barely got any time with Namor. I really wanted to see them explore his mutant side more.

I'm pretty much hoping that somehow we can get some good writing in the upcoming defenders and invaders series though the summary of Namor being the villain is not inspiring. I really want to know when will we have the Subby family all together again? For the first time in decades we have Namor, Namora, and Namorita all alive in the same time period that isn't a AU.

I meant to say that Namor killing Hyperion after resurrected would have been justified since Hyperion had destroyed Atlantis and murdered him.
    you remember how he was resurrected right? hint: it was by the people who killed him (and kicked his head like a soccer ball).

maybe it's because he's spent too much time underwater, because according to the wiki he needs air time and water time or he gets bipolar

Thanks for posting that. Esad Ribic's art is always nice.

It is a bit odd, but I think that's just Hickman letting Namor snark at Doom, maybe a little payback after their last encounter, where Doom refused to help Namor with the Cabal. Or maybe just snarking at T'challa, cause I think Namor is basically saying he believes everyone would rather have HIM as the savior / ruler of the world, instead of T'challa or Doom.

He's also distracting Doom slightly, so T'challa gets the shot off first.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Thanks for posting that. Esad Ribic's art is always nice.

It is a bit odd, but I think that's just Hickman letting Namor snark at Doom, maybe a little payback after their last encounter, where Doom refused to help Namor with the Cabal. Or maybe just snarking at T'challa, cause I think Namor is basically saying he believes everyone would rather have HIM as the savior / ruler of the world, instead of T'challa or Doom.

He's also distracting Doom slightly, so T'challa gets the shot off first.
    Namor: *distracts Doom*
    T'Challa: "Goodbye, Victor."
    Namor: "Just, just completely ruined that distraction I set up for you. Thanks. Thanks for that."

Namor: *distracts Doom*
    T'Challa: "Goodbye, Victor."
    Namor: "Just, just completely ruined that distraction I set up for you. Thanks. Thanks for that."
    LOL! I can definitely see that last line as a thought balloon in that last panel where frowny Namor is throwing his trident. Okay, even a speech balloon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Dad View Post
    Namor should always be a top tier hero when it comes to strength and power. I think of him as equal with Hulk (when Hulk in normal Hulk and not WWH or Immortal Hulk), and equal with Thor (except that darn Hammer and God stuff always gives him a slight upper hand).

As far as Namor letting Walter be killed like that. That is totally not Namor; I cannot believe Tiger Shark didn't call that bluff right away. If that was Namor, then shame on JA for writing such a tale. Totally not something Namor would do, and I hope he explains the reasons he would write something like that.
    I couldn't agree more, my friend. It's so good to see Namor being so powerful again. The Hulk vs Namor fights are my favorites from the entire MU!

Namor hasn't had a lot of appearances in media recently (thanks, Perlmutter), but what do you imagine his voice being like? He's one of the few Marvel heroes who I don't have a mental voice for when reading his dialogue.