Page 621 of 631 FirstFirst ... 121521571611617618619620621622623624625 ... LastLast
Results 9,301 to 9,315 of 9460

Spoilers for Spider-Geddon #5
    spoilers:
    Some of the Inheritor monster babies look like baby Namor
    end of spoilers
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfang View Post
    Spoilers for Spider-Geddon #5
    spoilers:
    Some of the Inheritor monster babies look like baby Namor
    end of spoilers
    Would it be possible to see a scan of it?
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Would it be possible to see a scan of it?
    This one's the best shot

EDIT: I don't know how to hide images within spoilers...
    Last edited by Spiderfang; 12-19-2018 at 09:43 AM.
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Just read Defenders: The Best Defense. I really liked it, and I think Namor fans will really like it too.

Wow! There's definitely some cool stuff there. I can think of at least two moments, that are tied to Surfer, with Namor that are amazing. One will be a great addition to ImperiusWrecked's IMPERIUS REX! collection.

Vodan and Kataw do play a role. I have to think on that a bit. But there was another self aware moment for Namor that was nice.

And yes, it's made clear here that Vodan is a planet, and not a dimensional bubble, like I thought. I think it also explains why it has no atmosphere, sort of. I have to read it and the Silver Surfer issue more closely to see if I understood it correctly. Of course, real science plays little part in what's happening in this story, so I should just go with it.

In the past, Namor has pretty much had the bioelectric ability that Kataw has, but I guess they are going to ignore that?

There's certainly a line in this issue that I didn't expect ... but it made me LOL. Now I'm wondering about the Namor dialog that Ewing cut out.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I wouldn't mind if the did a Defenders series like this every year. Maybe do an oversized book for each character seasonally (so like Spring - Hulk, Summer - Namor, Fall - Strange, Winter - Surfer) and then at the end of the year do an 80 page Defenders Giant issue.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Mighty Member

Zdarsky today at 4:00PM Easter time at Youtube Previewsworld. https://previewsworld.com/Article/21...WSworld-Weekly

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Wow! There's definitely some cool stuff there. I can think of at least two moments, that are tied to Surfer, with Namor that are amazing. One will be a great addition to ImperiusWrecked's IMPERIUS REX! collection.

Vodan and Kataw do play a role. I have to think on that a bit. But there was another self aware moment for Namor that was nice.

And yes, it's made clear here that Vodan is a planet, and not a dimensional bubble, like I thought. I think it also explains why it has no atmosphere, sort of. I have to read it and the Silver Surfer issue more closely to see if I understood it correctly. Of course, real science plays little part in what's happening in this story, so I should just go with it.

In the past, Namor has pretty much had the bioelectric ability that Kataw has, but I guess they are going to ignore that?

There's certainly a line in this issue that I didn't expect ... but it made me LOL. Now I'm wondering about the Namor dialog that Ewing cut out.
    lol, I loved that panel, its now Imperius Rex #157

imperiusrexsurfernamoredit.jpg

I have to say that I think that this panel here is basically why I think that spoilers:
    Namor killing the Vodan King was justified, Namor always sees himself as a protector and as a weapon for Atlantis. So he wouldn't kill the vodan king to save himself but when his people were threatened then it was different.
    end of spoilers

namorkataw.jpg

I did like this issue very much and honestly that one line was just the writer poking fun at the Avengers imo, but I felt like Namor would have said something like that anyways since he doesn't really enjoy being dragged into Defender stuff. Usually he just puts up with it. I wonder now if Vodan will play any role in the upcoming Invaders?
    Last edited by ImperiusWrecked; 12-19-2018 at 04:42 PM.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Happy to help.

That's definitely part of my objection to adding another Realm. 9 has importance in Norse myth -- it appears in many places in the stories. And YES. Please stop screwing around with the Atlantean history.

Hmmmm. That could be an interesting way to pull in Namor -- the Olympian connection.

Exactly. I don't want to see 80 years of Atlantean continuity trashed for a story that isn't really about Namor or the Atlanteans. At least with the Defenders story, it was a Namor / Atlantean story -- that hopefully can be explored or expanded on in the Invaders.[/spoil]

But I think the role Namor will play in the War of Realms has something to do with this:

This image was from Mighty Thor 7 (2016).

I think this ties back into the Avengers 1000000 BC. In the issues Jason Aaron has written, there are only 7 prehistoric 'Avengers.' This panel seems to point to their being other ancient 'Avengers' or superhero archetypes, of which one of them is obviously Namor. I guess at some point I'm going to have to read Aaron's Prehistoric Avengers storyline.
    https://assets1.ignimgs.com/2017/08/...2053_1280w.jpg
    Good grief, I mean I really didnt like the idea of the avengers one million bc.. I will admit the preview kind of won me over a little, Esade Ribic art was amazing the setting and ( some of at least ) character up against the Celestials was a cool idea. But it had Jason Aarons trademark Retconning all over it. More of the Odin cant control mjolnir bs, drastically changing the age of Agamotto, making kun luns human poultion older than earths, I am not overly familiar with the history of ghost rider but i bet its there as well what worse is that it didnt lead to anything as cool as the first story in the legacy made it look like. The first story of his avengers run was ok at best to almost goofy.

I dont really want to see him keep expanding on this idea and doing "avengers" of different ages. IT was lame idea with one million bc that was mitigated a bit by being established predecessors for several characters. To do it more will kind of dilute the importance of the other characters , the avengers were never meant to be a legacy team.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    lol, I loved that panel, its now Imperius Rex #157

imperiusrexsurfernamoredit.jpg
    Yes!! Such a great panel. I liked the panel preceding this one too. Where you can see Namor's feet entering the scene.

[QUOTE=ImperiusWrecked;4089151]I have to say that I think that this panel here is basically why I think that spoilers:
    Namor killing the Vodan King was justified, Namor always sees himself as a protector and as a weapon for Atlantis. So he wouldn't kill the vodan king to save himself but when his people were threatened then it was different.
    end of spoilers

namorkataw.jpg

It was a great line and distinction -- though maybe a sliding one. We do have proof from the past where Namor wouldn't execute people that have actually done worse to Atlantis and his people. I do think that the Vodan king made a big mistake threatening to invade Atlantis, instead of just trying to kill Namor. But I still say that Namor in the Silver and Bronze Ages wouldn't have done it.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I did like this issue very much and honestly that one line was just the writer poking fun at the Avengers imo, but I felt like Namor would have said something like that anyways since he doesn't really enjoy being dragged into Defender stuff. Usually he just puts up with it. I wonder now if Vodan will play any role in the upcoming Invaders?
    I think the very first Defenders story ended with Namor telling Strange NEVER to call him again, cause he wouldn't be joining the 'Defenders' again. LOL! But the line was a wink to fans, a sort of breaking of the fourth wall -- like Namor had seen the movie!

I don't know. It seems a pretty big retcon, if the Vodani are speaking the truth, that the Atlanteans are space aliens -- which I don't think is actually true. But I'm not sure how it would tie into the Invaders storyline -- unless it has something to do with Namor's altered state. And perhaps it does, since Creepy Councilor appeared to want Namor to go.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Leon Evelake View Post
    https://assets1.ignimgs.com/2017/08/...2053_1280w.jpg
    Good grief, I mean I really didnt like the idea of the avengers one million bc.. I will admit the preview kind of won me over a little, Esade Ribic art was amazing the setting and ( some of at least ) character up against the Celestials was a cool idea. But it had Jason Aarons trademark Retconning all over it. More of the Odin cant control mjolnir bs, drastically changing the age of Agamotto, making kun luns human poultion older than earths, I am not overly familiar with the history of ghost rider but i bet its there as well what worse is that it didnt lead to anything as cool as the first story in the legacy made it look like. The first story of his avengers run was ok at best to almost goofy.

I dont really want to see him keep expanding on this idea and doing "avengers" of different ages. IT was lame idea with one million bc that was mitigated a bit by being established predecessors for several characters. To do it more will kind of dilute the importance of the other characters , the avengers were never meant to be a legacy team.
    I don't care for the Avengers One Million BC retcon at all. I think goofy is a kind label for it. ;p I found the whole legacy, literal, instead of mythic, archetypes eyerolling, and as you said, an obvious ploy to make some of his favorites more important than other characters. It also, in some ways, reduces the Avengers themselves, to just another iteration of a fated group. Like an Avengers group that doesn't include these very "important" characters, isn't really a "legitimate," perfect line up of Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I wouldn't mind if the did a Defenders series like this every year. Maybe do an oversized book for each character seasonally (so like Spring - Hulk, Summer - Namor, Fall - Strange, Winter - Surfer) and then at the end of the year do an 80 page Defenders Giant issue.
    I would love to see a yearly Defenders mini-series, especially if it was done by high quality creators like this one. I'm not sure if spreading out the series over the entire would help -- comic fans seem to have short memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfang View Post
    This one's the best shot

EDIT: I don't know how to hide images within spoilers...
    Not sure, but I think if you put the spoiler tag after the image, it should also hide it.

That baby is too happy to be Baby Namor -- who holds the title of Angriest Baby Ever. ;p

Seriously, though, I think those Spider villains fall into typical supernatural bad guy look, that Namor was given, i.e. black hair, widow's peak, pointy ears and eyebrows, rather than Namor has been getting ... familiar with some of the Inheritors.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 12-20-2018 at 01:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Zdarsky today at 4:00PM Easter time at Youtube Previewsworld. https://previewsworld.com/Article/21...WSworld-Weekly
    Thanks for posting that, Thor-El!

The Zdarsky bit, at the very end, was one of his many promos for his upcoming Daredevil run, and sadly, nothing about his Invaders. I wish he'd done this for Invaders, which could use all the promotion it can get, as opposed to Daredevil, which gets plenty of Marvel promotion -- as well as the promo of having a Netflix show. That said, he was fun, and doesn't seem to take himself too seriously.

But right before the Zdarsky promo, was someone at Diamond talking about Stan Lee's three favorite stories -- and one of them was:

Quintessential Stan Lee -- Two heroes, clever set up, a giant misunderstanding, a lop-sided fight, followed by mutual respect. -- Previews

"Strongest examples of the Marvel Style ...I enjoyed the way I made them both seem look heroic." -- Stan Lee

Bold is mine, but what I find missing in alot of modern stories.

I really liked The Best Defense. The solo issues were almost all great - I'm less convinced by the Surfer's one - and the final was fun, interesting... and probably the weirdest thing I've read in a while!

(I love angriest baby ever Namor!)
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I honestly didn't know Vodan was another planet when I read Namor's chapter.