Page 7 of 631 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107507 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hellpop View Post
    anyone remember the old Jae Lee drawn series. i loved it, but the art isn't everyone's cup o tea.

I LOVED that arc in the 90s Namor book. A really cool story, with completely different art. Yes, Jae Lee drew Namor EXTREME, but his inks and his graphic use of dark areas and silhouettes was unique. And that Neptune Armor he's wearing eventually grew on me. All the sharp, spikey stuff was 90s, but the chased / embossing on the front always intrigued me. They seemed to move. What were those little skulls for? When Stuart Moore wrote about the Kings of Atlantis, it reminded me of the armor. Perhaps they leave part of themselves in the armor?

Here's a sketch card from Danny Kuang I commissioned. I asked for less werewolf like hair. LOL!

Danny Kuang on DA

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    Jae Lee draws one of my most favorite Namors. I love Everett, Deodato, and, now, Marie Severin for Namor artists as well.
    Old Jae Lee Namor isn't quite as pretty, but yes, his Namor since INHUMANS has been gorgeous! I need to find that link for the article Burgas did on Jae Lee.

And yes, when you list them, Namor HAS had some great artists. Of course, that's cause he's inspiring, amirite?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhitOro View Post
    Jae Lee art on Namor was awesome, moody and nightmarish, his underwater and over water scenes fantastic, and his Doom duringr their confrontation was simply phenomenal.
    But his actual Namor? No, I don't like it. I don't really think that look fits him, the hair and badly cut beard make him look like some trashy rocker thats thinks having a mullet makes him hardcore. His most recent works as a cover artist for the First Mutant fit my idea of Namor much more.
    Much more articulately put, thank you. I agree for the most part. Jae Lee drew Namor very much in the EXTREME style of the era. And yep! That's why I called it his werewolf hair! He did, however, get Namor out of the grandma panties (as Chris Samee called them) and put him in a proper speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by WhitOro View Post
    Rheged strikes again.
    LOL! I can't stay away from friends who share my good taste in Namor appreciation.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Old Jae Lee Namor isn't quite as pretty, but yes, his Namor since INHUMANS has been gorgeous! I need to find that link for the article Burgas did on Jae Lee.

And yes, when you list them, Namor HAS had some great artists. Of course, that's cause he's inspiring, amirite?
    YOU'RE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3
    The Namor part of me can now relax.
    You are never allowed to leave us again, ok?

And, GAH, for posting from my phone.
    Yes, his Inhumans Namor is what I meant. I didn't even realize he drew him like that above. That is definitely not a Namor that I much care for, but his Inhuman Namor? OMNOM.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Danvidar View Post
    Glad to have you back! What happened?
    I was in the wrong thread at the wrong time, and missed the warning. Must. Pay. Attention. O_O

YOU'RE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3
    The Namor part of me can now relax.
    You are never allowed to leave us again, ok?
    Yes, back! HUGS!

Will endeavor to do so.

And, GAH, for posting from my phone.
    Yes, his Inhumans Namor is what I meant. I didn't even realize he drew him like that above. That is definitely not a Namor that I much care for, but his Inhuman Namor? OMNOM.
    Yes, starting with Inhumans, Jae Lee's Namor was GORGEOUS. Ah, found the links.

Greg Burgas Year of the Artist: Jae Lee Part 1 - Namor 26

Greg Burgas Year of the Artist: Jae Lee Part 2 - Inhumans

Greg Burgas Year of the Artist: Jae Lee Part 3 - Captain America 16 Ice

He did a part 4 (Dark Tower) and part 5 (Batman & Supes), but neither of those have anything to do with Namor. Though, he could have made it the evolution of Jae Lee's Namor, with the exception of his DC work. ;P

I LOVE that last page.

Didn't Jae Lee do a beautiful Cap stubble face?
    Because, my god, hottest cap EVER.

BANNED

I LOVE that last page.

Didn't Jae Lee do a beautiful Cap stubble face?
    Because, my god, hottest cap EVER.
    There's other men on that page?

LOL! Yes, all of Jae Lee's men are pretty.

It's not the best story, but if you like seeing Namor and Cap looking pretty together, then you can look look at the pictures. Repeatedly. :P

It's not the best story, but if you like seeing Namor and Cap looking pretty together, then you can look look at the pictures. Repeatedly. :P
    Hahahaha!
    I was talking about a different pic that I think you posted in the Invaders appreciation thread on the old boards.
    If it wasn't Jae then it was by an artist that does extremely similar work.
    But, oh man, OM NOM.
    Makes me want Jae drawing ALL THE MEN FOR EVERYTHING.

BANNED

Hahahaha!
    I was talking about a different pic that I think you posted in the Invaders appreciation thread on the old boards.
    If it wasn't Jae then it was by an artist that does extremely similar work.
    But, oh man, OM NOM.
    Makes me want Jae drawing ALL THE MEN FOR EVERYTHING.
    I hear you. I've no interest in a Batman / Supes book, but Jae Lee makes me want to pick it up.

Yes, I think Brian Cronin posted more from that Cap issue in another blog ... yet another thing I need to repost.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

LOL!

Yeah that look for Namor was not quite the most successful for Jay.

But he does draw nice fellas.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Default ...

I was looking through original art in hopes of starting to replace piece Bucky/WS art and I found this page by Jackson Guice from Cap 47

Such lovely ink washes. Love that last panel.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

I LOVED that arc in the 90s Namor book. A really cool story, with completely different art. Yes, Jae Lee drew Namor EXTREME, but his inks and his graphic use of dark areas and silhouettes was unique. And that Neptune Armor he's wearing eventually grew on me. All the sharp, spikey stuff was 90s, but the chased / embossing on the front always intrigued me. They seemed to move. What were those little skulls for? When Stuart Moore wrote about the Kings of Atlantis, it reminded me of the armor. Perhaps they leave part of themselves in the armor?

Here's a sketch card from Danny Kuang I commissioned. I asked for less werewolf like hair. LOL!

Danny Kuang on DA

To this I would add that Jae Lee's EVERYTHING since the MK Inhumans has been gorgeous. I'm super glad to have you back hombre. It sounds like it was a mistake, but if you have any tips on stuff to watch out for/be cautious of on the boards now, I'd appreciate it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NamorsTrident View Post

There's Charlie Sheen Namor! Hahaha! I'll never forget when Klinton posted that in the old thread.
    FUN TIMES.
    :face palm:

NOT Charlie Sheen! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    That Dodson page looks so great. What's that from?
    It's from an X-Men Origins issue, that featured single page 'summaries' of various X-Men. Here it is with words.

Quote Originally Posted by plantsea View Post
    Love those Namor&Valkyrie panels and how Namor reacted to her flirt (This happened after he lost Dorma, right? IIRC). I personally think Namor deeply loved all his ex, and that is why I love him.
    I love them too! I've always liked Namor and Val's relationship, but seeing him mourning Lady Dorma and showing it was perfectly touching. And yes, it was after Lady Dorma was murdered.
    Last edited by Rheged; 05-03-2014 at 11:10 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    I was looking through original art in hopes of starting to replace piece Bucky/WS art and I found this page by Jackson Guice from Cap 47

Such lovely ink washes. Love that last panel.

Gorgeous! That was such a great arc for Namor / Invaders fans. IIRC, that last panel in the comic had eyes or teeth or something to indicate the Man Without A Face was behind Namor

BANNED

To this I would add that Jae Lee's EVERYTHING since the MK Inhumans has been gorgeous.
    Awww, thank you.

I'm super glad to have you back hombre. It sounds like it was a mistake, but if you have any tips on stuff to watch out for/be cautious of on the boards now, I'd appreciate it.
    I seriously doubt you'll have any problems, Chief Jon. I can't recall seeing you saying a cross word to anyone. I would recommend, however, NOT to start reading a thread from the back / newest post, as I often do. Nor to skip around while reading in said thread, especially if it's ... contentious. I ended up missing the mod warnings. O_O

How would you guys feel about a Black Panther/Namor team up similar to Flags of Our Fathers? Azzari the Wise and Namor.

I think it would be kind of cool if Namor's beef with T'challa had some rooting in the fact that he feels that T'challa isn't living up to the legacy of his grandfather AND father.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum