Page 431 of 631 FirstFirst ... 331381421427428429430431432433434435441481531 ... LastLast
Results 6,451 to 6,465 of 9460

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Three more Namor shirts I own.

You can find this image on just about everything, including a pillow!

https://society6.com/product/prince-...#48=351&50=367

Hard to go wrong with an iconic classic. : ) You may find it elsewhere, but I got mine here.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sub-Mariner-...zXDlGD86IyT2SQ

Next to the Namor Riding a Narwhale Thru a Ring of Fire shirt, this one gets a lot of attention. You can get it in a variety of colors and in sizes, including womens!

http://www.redbubble.com/people/popn...location=front
    I LOVE THOSE!!

I think I am going to get the second one. In blue!

I really want a golden age Namor t-shirt (mainly for that classic Everett art).
    This would be perfect on a t-shirt:
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Mighty Member

I'm back from Magic City Comic Con yesterday. I wore my self made Imperious shirt t-shirt since the one I ordered from Redbubble came up with the wrong size. It was very enjoyable but managed to miss some of the conferences I wanted to attend to. Didn't see any Namor memorabilia, just a bootleg DVD of his 60's cartoon series that a stand had in display with a bunch of other Marvel old series and old sci-fi movies. The highlight for me had to be meeting Aaron Kuder and finally taking my picture with 91 year old golden age artist Allen Bellman. In the Q&A session with Mr. Bellman I asked if he ever worked with Bill Everett to which he replied that he never did but he knew him from when they were both kids (I assume kids meant young men to him) he said that they went to school together and Everett was a super star already doing comic books at 18 years old and that Mr. Bellman looked up to him. Mr. Bellman worked many years for Stan Lee doing mainly Captain America but he did work on Sub-mariner as I understand must have been on other titles not done by Everett.

Aaron Bellman was such a charismatic individual, I told him how I was such a fan of his depowered Superman and that I wish he could stay that way longer cause in that stage I feel he is vulnerable and a real tough guy, which he agreed but blamed the DC execs getting antsy at Superman being this way for too long and wanting to return him to his normal power state which is the story that is going on now. I got the feeling he wanted to keep Superman depowered longer and that he enjoys writing and drawing about him that way more. I also told him about my love for Lana Lang coming from the TV Smallville and how I feel she is the perfect love interest for Clark and how I was so happy he used her in his run. He likes the Lana Lang character a lot and agrees that she seems to be the perfect Superman love interest given their common background but he likes her more with Steel, he mentioned he thinks in the long run she would get bored with Clark "goodytwoshoessness" and that they work better for him as best friends. On Artist Alley an awesome portfolio caught my eye and a big banner of Namor going against Thanos, so got to meet this artist: Jeff Dekal who is a cover artist and the responsible of the image I'm posting.

John Wesley Shipp aka Henry Allen in Flash seemed like a super animated, super pumped individual talking about working on Flash TV series (1990's and the new one) and sharing about scenes that were cut out from the series and some interesting stories and anecdotes that I missed most of waiting in the wrong room. Overall it was a great experience.
    IMG_20160117_0002.jpg
    Last edited by Thor-El; 01-17-2016 at 07:43 AM. Reason: typos
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

Mighty Member

Three more Namor shirts I own.

You can find this image on just about everything, including a pillow!

https://society6.com/product/prince-...#48=351&50=367

Hard to go wrong with an iconic classic. : ) You may find it elsewhere, but I got mine here.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sub-Mariner-...zXDlGD86IyT2SQ

Next to the Namor Riding a Narwhale Thru a Ring of Fire shirt, this one gets a lot of attention. You can get it in a variety of colors and in sizes, including womens!

http://www.redbubble.com/people/popn...location=front
    These are great, that Sub-sandwiches one is awesome, wish they had that restaurant here in Florida.
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    I'm back from Magic City Comic Con yesterday. I wore my self made Imperious shirt t-shirt since the one I ordered from Redbubble came up with the wrong size. It was very enjoyable but managed to miss some of the conferences I wanted to attend to. Didn't see any Namor memorabilia, just a bootleg DVD of his 60's cartoon series that a stand had in display with a bunch of other Marvel old series and old sci-fi movies. The highlight for me had to be meeting Aaron Kuder and finally taking my picture with 91 year old golden age artist Allen Bellman. In the Q&A session with Mr. Bellman I asked if he ever worked with Bill Everett to which he replied that he never did but he knew him from when they were both kids (I assume kids meant young men to him) he said that they went to school together and Everett was a super star already doing comic books at 18 years old and that Mr. Bellman looked up to him. Mr. Bellman worked many years for Stan Lee doing mainly Captain America but he did work on Sub-mariner as I understand must have been on other titles not done by Everett.

Aaron Bellman was such a charismatic individual, I told him how I was such a fan of his depowered Superman and that I wish he could stay that way longer cause in that stage I feel he is vulnerable and a real tough guy, which he agreed but blamed the DC execs getting antsy at Superman being this way for too long and wanting to return him to his normal power state which is the story that is going on now. I got the feeling he wanted to keep Superman depowered longer and that he enjoys writing and drawing about him that way more. I also told him about my love for Lana Lang coming from the TV Smallville and how I feel she is the perfect love interest for Clark and how I was so happy he used her in his run. He likes the Lana Lang character a lot and agrees that she seems to be the perfect Superman love interest given their common background but he likes her more with Steel, he mentioned he thinks in the long run she would get bored with Clark "goodytwoshoessness" and that they work better for him as best friends. On Artist Alley an awesome portfolio caught my eye and a big banner of Namor going against Thanos, so got to meet this artist: Jeff Dekal who is a cover artist and the responsible of the image I'm posting.

John Wesley Shipp aka Henry Allen in Flash seemed like a super animated, super pumped individual talking about working on Flash TV series (1990's and the new one) and sharing about scenes that were cut out from the series and some interesting stories and anecdotes that I missed most of waiting in the wrong room. Overall it was a great experience.
    IMG_20160117_0002.jpg
    Thanks for sharing your experience with us! It sounds like you had a great time...thank you again for all the wonderful details!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Girl 94 View Post
    Thanks for sharing your experience with us! It sounds like you had a great time...thank you again for all the wonderful details!
    My pleasure, Mantis Girl. This is a very nice group the one you guys have here, wish we were all local so we could all meet in one of these conventions.
    Last edited by Thor-El; 01-17-2016 at 05:28 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    Captain America 75th Anniversary special is on in 4 days. What are the chances they'll mention Namor while talking about Cap's early days?
    let's wager they'll be more agent coulson or tommy lee jones (forget what's the character he played) than namor or torch

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Namor's future daughter appearing in New Avengers 5 next week -- in case anyone would care to check it out.
    thank you..will at least check it out

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    It's odd they've never mentioned Namor. I feel as if he's the middle child of the Golden Age...
    Torch has it worse :P

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Peril View Post
    At the end of the series the timeline got erased so nearly everything we read didn't happen which means the Daughters are still hibernating.
    the incursions did'nt happen yet it happened and Namor got slain for it........

Not really..it's a take-their-cake and eat it timeline ala the new 52.

Quote Originally Posted by Custodes View Post
    So they dump the FF books and refuse to promote them PR-wise. Then they run a massive all encompassing Marvel event and they are the main elements it revolves around...... Secret plot by writer FF fans or something else?
    even after the ending, i could'nt care less if they do shape universes.give them a series..

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    The entire "event" was a monumental joke from start to finish with only highlight being the Fantastic Four reveal.
    a joke that took 4 years to tell
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

IMG_20160117_0002.jpg
    Thanks for the write up Thor-El. I'm glad it was a blast. I'm always a bit jealous of missing a good show. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your recap. Good post. I don't think I ever met Aaron Bellman so, you probably lucked out. He's up there age-wise. The panels are usually the most fun. I've met John Wesley Shipp a few times. I'm glad he returned to TV and especially The Flash. I watched his show years ago. It was pretty good and was still getting better when it was canceled. It seems forgotten except for the last 2 years. He must be stoked to be invited to conventions again... As a present day character.

That's the thing about a good show. You keep memories of it forever.

Along with merch and comics and art!

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

What an awesome weekend! Definitely sounds like fun.

IIRC, Bellman was younger than Everett, so he probably worked on Subby when Everett was in WWII. I need to hunt down some of his stories.

That's cool that he described Everett a superstar and how early he was drawing comics.

Sorry to hear you didn't find any Namor merchandise, but there is a dearth of it.

Aaron Bellman was such a charismatic individual, I told him how I was such a fan of his depowered Superman and that I wish he could stay that way longer cause in that stage I feel he is vulnerable and a real tough guy, which he agreed but blamed the DC execs getting antsy at Superman being this way for too long and wanting to return him to his normal power state which is the story that is going on now. I got the feeling he wanted to keep Superman depowered longer and that he enjoys writing and drawing about him that way more. I also told him about my love for Lana Lang coming from the TV Smallville and how I feel she is the perfect love interest for Clark and how I was so happy he used her in his run. He likes the Lana Lang character a lot and agrees that she seems to be the perfect Superman love interest given their common background but he likes her more with Steel, he mentioned he thinks in the long run she would get bored with Clark "goodytwoshoessness" and that they work better for him as best friends.
    Editorial mandates strike again!

On Artist Alley an awesome portfolio caught my eye and a big banner of Namor going against Thanos, so got to meet this artist: Jeff Dekal who is a cover artist and the responsible of the image I'm posting.
    I met him at Heroes Con! And yes, because I saw that banner! It was a little pricey, but I loved Dekal's watercolors so much, I got a Namor commission from him. Turned out to be one of my favorite pieces from the con!

IMG_20160117_0002.jpg
    I remember enjoying Shipp's Flash series, back in the day. I should probably watch it again. I thought it was so cool that he was on the new Flash, and playing the dad!

My pleasure, Mantis Girl. This is a very nice group the one you guys have here, wish we were all local so we could all meet in one of these conventions.
    I'm glad you had a good time, and what Mantis Girl said! I enjoyed reading about your Con experience. Makes me eager to go to one again too.

It would be cool to meet folks in person -- and we'd be easy to find on the con floor, with our Namor shirts! : )
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Custodes View Post
    All three are awesome. Maybe the middle one is my favorite, being a classic. You sure fly your colors Rev!
    You know it!

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    I LOVE THOSE!!

I think I am going to get the second one. In blue!

I really want a golden age Namor t-shirt (mainly for that classic Everett art).
    This would be perfect on a t-shirt:
    I got it in white, because I thought the blue shirt would make anything that was white or clear on the image look blue. Of course, now I realize, that would make Namor look like he was underwater! Like that first appearance of Betty Dean pane I posted in 365. Ah well.

That would make an awesome Golden Age shirt! I'd definitely buy one. I think I could make one with transfer paper, like Thor-El did, but it wouldn't be large enough. Maybe put it on the top right corner, like a logo... Hmmmmmm.

These are great, that Sub-sandwiches one is awesome, wish they had that restaurant here in Florida.
    There SHOULD be a restaurant with this name!

I've had to re-type this post THREE TIMES. Not. Happy. With. CBR.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I read #2 of Namor's 1968 series yesterday. Battled Triton (man, that was beginning to seem like the "They Live" fight), and they both got captured by...what was his name...was it Plant Man?
    Anyway, the struggle continues next issue!
    Yes, Plant Man. Kind of cool powers, but that costume??? Reminds of Raising Arizona. "Son. You got a plant on your head."

But that paled to insignificance to the gorgeous Buscema Namor wrestling Triton in panel after panel! Plus a guest appearance by the Inhumans! Awesome stuff. #3 was even better, though!

I got it in white, because I thought the blue shirt would make anything that was white or clear on the image look blue. Of course, now I realize, that would make Namor look like he was underwater! Like that first appearance of Betty Dean pane I posted in 365. Ah well.

That would make an awesome Golden Age shirt! I'd definitely buy one. I think I could make one with transfer paper, like Thor-El did, but it wouldn't be large enough. Maybe put it on the top right corner, like a logo... Hmmmmmm.
    How big does the image have to be? I can totally get a bigger (larger file size, I mean) pic of that and send it your way.

I chose blue because blue will look better on my pale red head skin than white or yellow do.

Yes, Plant Man. Kind of cool powers, but that costume??? Reminds of Raising Arizona. "Son. You got a plant on your head."

But that paled to insignificance to the gorgeous Buscema Namor wrestling Triton in panel after panel! Plus a guest appearance by the Inhumans! Awesome stuff. #3 was even better, though!

I will have to read it tonight. I did not get a chance to read last night.

Mighty Member

I will have to read it tonight. I did not get a chance to read last night.
    I wonder how many of us have the complete silver age appearances of Namor. Would be cool if we could start reading together since the Human Torch discovers hobo Namor, then chronologically thru his appearances in different titles until his start in Tales to Astonish and then in his own title. Discuss in the forum an issue every day and even scan your favorite panel.

Mighty Member

If you have that image in paper (a comic book for example) and have a scanner you can make it big enough for a full t-shirt image. A setting of 8.5 x 11 inches with at least 300 dpi should be enough resolution.

I wonder how many of us have the complete silver age appearances of Namor. Would be cool if we could start reading together since the Human Torch discovers hobo Namor, then chronologically thru his appearances in different titles until his start in Tales to Astonish and then in his own title. Discuss in the forum an issue every day and even scan your favorite panel.
    I have...his first appearance with the FF, all his MMWs so far, some of his 1968 solo beyond the MMWs (which actually goes into the bronze age, so I guess that would not be considered silver age, duh, sorry).
    I'm sorely lacking most of his appearances in the FF and the Avengers during that time, though.