Page 465 of 631 FirstFirst ... 365415455461462463464465466467468469475515565 ... LastLast
Results 6,961 to 6,975 of 9460
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Oh wow! So good to see Namor. Thanks for the heads up Danvidar. And thanks for those scans Rev, so fast getting it Betty Dean doesn't have anything on you!
    CBR was helpful this time. But yes, THANK YOU Danvidar!

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Girl 94 View Post
    That pix should be enlarged and hung over Rev's mantle! Awesome Thor-El!
    I'd definitely make room for it on the mantel or the Namor shelves. I was actually thinking I should print it out and paste it over the blasphemous SS #2 cover. ;p
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

LOL, thanks MG. Today looking on old boxes for my Atlantis Rising comics found a bunch of other Namor comics I didn't even remember I had.

Attachment 33366
    Holy cow! You've founds some hidden treasures! Other than those great Sub-Mariner issues (by Colan and Everett featuring Doom and Thor!), I think you'll like that Hulk Annual, the last row, the furthest right. The art there is GORGEOUS.

The Marvel Team Ups feature the dreadful Captain Atlantis outfit.

The Thunderbolts was a solid story with solid art ... I think I mentioned that somewhere. I'm not sure if that's the issue where we see alot of the Atlantean cast or not, but it is in that arc.

I don't remember much about the Dr. Strange issues. There was lots of fighting in the Cap issue, which was a flashback WWII story, IIRC. Very ruthless Namor.

You'll like the art in those Ultimate FF issues, but Ultimate Namor is an outright villain.

The New Invaders issue I think Dermie mentioned communicating with the writer. I think Namor got jobbed, but otherwise, it was a good issue.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Holy cow! You've founds some hidden treasures! Other than those great Sub-Mariner issues (by Colan and Everett featuring Doom and Thor!), I think you'll like that Hulk Annual, the last row, the furthest right. The art there is GORGEOUS.
    Ah, yes, that annual has some of the best art I've seen on Namor and the Hulk teamup is great, plus Attuma! Great issue!

The Marvel Team Ups feature the dreadful Captain Atlantis outfit..
    Ugh, agreed about that costume plus the art is nothing to write about.

The Thunderbolts was a solid story with solid art ... I think I mentioned that somewhere. I'm not sure if that's the issue where we see alot of the Atlantean cast or not, but it is in that arc.
    Even though Namor is in that story is more a Radioactive Man story, and he shines in that one more than Namor, I honestly have never been a Thunderbolts fan.

I don't remember much about the Dr. Strange issues.
    I don't remember the story either.

There was lots of fighting in the Cap issue, which was a flashback WWII story, IIRC. Very ruthless Namor.
    I love that issue and Atlantis Rising (just not Namor's ponytail) but MC Whyman draws a great Namor, broad and powerful and those fight scenes are great! MC Whyman had a lot of John Buscema's influence in his artwork.

You'll like the art in those Ultimate FF issues, but Ultimate Namor is an outright villain.
    Oh, yes its all Greg Land goodness, I'm blaming myself for not printing that list you did for me with all the Namor appearances in the X-Men. I need to make a search in the 365 days thread, I think it was there were you posted it for me. I need to have it ready for when Comixology comes up with their next X-Men sale that I'm quite sure will be when the new movie is released. Say what happened to that Ultimate Namor? Couldn't he have replaced our Namor and be the real author of the Cabal actions?

The New Invaders issue I think Dermie mentioned communicating with the writer. I think Namor got jobbed, but otherwise, it was a good issue.
    I recall reading something about that or maybe I'm getting confused with another post.
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

Oh, yes its all Greg Land goodness, I'm blaming myself for not printing that list you did for me with all the Namor appearances in the X-Men. I need to make a search in the 365 days thread, I think it was there were you posted it for me. I need to have it ready for when Comixology comes up with their next X-Men sale that I'm quite sure will be when the new movie is released.
    Nope, it was in this thread.

http://community.comicbookresources....=1#post1690482

Here we go!

Though, some of these appearances could be just Namor standing around in the background. I'd have to go through and figure out which ones had actual speaking panels. Those annuals and the #6 had plenty of Namor.

Uncanny X-Men (2012)

Annual 02 (2009) - 'White Queen, Dark Reign'
    Annual 03 (2011) - 'Escape From The Negative Zone Part One'

#6 - 'Sub-Mariner Joins the Evil Mutants!'

#513 - 'Dark Avengers/Uncanny X-Men: Utopia, Part 2'
    #514 - 'Dark Avengers/Uncanny X-Men: Utopia, Part 4'
    #515 - 'Nation X: Chapter 1'
    #517 - 'Nation X: Chapter 3'
    #519 - 'Nation X: Chapter 5'
    #520 - 'Nation X: Chapter 6'
    #522 - 'Nation X: Chapter 8'
    #524 - 'Second Coming: Chapter 6'
    #525 - 'Second Coming: Chapter 10'
    #527 - 'The Five Lights: part 2: Velocidad'
    #531 - 'Quarantine Part 2'
    #534.1
    #535 - 'Breaking Point: Part One'
    #538 - 'Breaking Point: Conclusion'

Uncanny X-Men (2012)
    #1 - 'Everything is Sinister'
    #15 - 'This Strange, Unpleasant Land Part 1 of 3'

Ah, yes, that annual has some of the best art I've seen on Namor and the Hulk teamup is great, plus Attuma! Great issue!
    That's right, Attuma with the giant horns, wasn't it?

It really was a pretty issue. I remember ordering it blind, to fill out the Namor collection, and being stunned when I opened it. Now, I want to dig out my copy! I wonder if I scanned it?

Ugh, agreed about that costume plus the art is nothing to write about.
    Yeah, the art was kind of odd, IIRC. And the whole idea that Namor had some mental block about breathing water... just weird.

Even though Namor is in that story is more a Radioactive Man story, and he shines in that one more than Namor, I honestly have never been a Thunderbolts fan.

I don't remember the story either.
    Well, I'll have to dig out that Dr. Strange, too, if I go looking for the Hulk Annual. LOL!

Yes, it was more of a Radioactive Man story, but whoever wrote it, I think FabNic, had the old school skills to treat the guest stars right, IIRC. Namor and Atlantis had their moments.

I adored Warren Ellis' take on the Thunderbolts. The first incarnation was supposed to be something, because of the surprise twist, but I wasn't reading comics then, so I missed it.

I love that issue and Atlantis Rising (just not Namor's ponytail) but MC Whyman draws a great Namor, broad and powerful and those fight scenes are great! MC Whyman had a lot of John Buscema's influence in his artwork.
    They released the Atlantis Rising mini-series and the tie-in books in a trade, recently. I bought it, but haven't had a chance to read it. I loved the Alan Davis cover / poster though. I'm not that familiar with MC Whyman. Will have to check it out.

Oh, yes its all Greg Land goodness, ....Say what happened to that Ultimate Namor? Couldn't he have replaced our Namor and be the real author of the Cabal actions?
    You're one of the few people I know on the boards who enjoys Land's work. Though, I do think his earlier stuff was much better than his present work.

No, I don't think so. Ultimate Namor just didn't have it together, IMO, even if he was supposed to be like a super-genius, and much smarter than 616 Namor. I think everyone, but Mike Carey, just wrote him like low level villain. At one point, in Ultimatum, he somehow ended up in Doom's trophy room. Ugh. He did show up in the last Ultimate FF book, which lasted like five issues, and IIRC, ended up dead, or trapped in another dimension with an alternate Namora?
    Last edited by Reviresco; 03-06-2016 at 02:54 AM.

Mighty Member

Nope, it was in this thread.

http://community.comicbookresources....=1#post1690482

Here we go!

Though, some of these appearances could be just Namor standing around in the background. I'd have to go through and figure out which ones had actual speaking panels. Those annuals and the #6 had plenty of Namor.

Uncanny X-Men (2012)

Annual 02 (2009) - 'White Queen, Dark Reign'
    Annual 03 (2011) - 'Escape From The Negative Zone Part One'

#6 - 'Sub-Mariner Joins the Evil Mutants!'

#513 - 'Dark Avengers/Uncanny X-Men: Utopia, Part 2'
    #514 - 'Dark Avengers/Uncanny X-Men: Utopia, Part 4'
    #515 - 'Nation X: Chapter 1'
    #517 - 'Nation X: Chapter 3'
    #519 - 'Nation X: Chapter 5'
    #520 - 'Nation X: Chapter 6'
    #522 - 'Nation X: Chapter 8'
    #524 - 'Second Coming: Chapter 6'
    #525 - 'Second Coming: Chapter 10'
    #527 - 'The Five Lights: part 2: Velocidad'
    #531 - 'Quarantine Part 2'
    #534.1
    #535 - 'Breaking Point: Part One'
    #538 - 'Breaking Point: Conclusion'

Uncanny X-Men (2012)
    #1 - 'Everything is Sinister'
    #15 - 'This Strange, Unpleasant Land Part 1 of 3'
    Wow, Rev, you rock!! Thank you!! I'm printing it right now this time!
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

Mighty Member

So been researching Sub-Mariner cosplays (as I may or may not be interested in cosplay the character , if I'm able to get in good enough shape for it, and if not its always good gym motivation.) So from these cosplayers which ones nailed the look the best?

Things I've observed:
    In classic Namor a small trident looks phoney, sandals totally destroy the look, a too big of a belt doesn't looks good, a too square swimsuit doesn't looks good either. Short bracelets look better than long ones.

The blue costume although not the easiest to pull together may be the easiest to pull off. The Namor Phoenix red costume is the most difficult to make.
    Last edited by Thor-El; 03-06-2016 at 12:11 PM.

You're welcome, Thor-el : )

So been researching Sub-Mariner cosplays (as I may or may not be interested in cosplay the character , if I'm able to get in good enough shape for it, and if not its always good gym motivation.) So from these cosplayers which ones nailed the look the best?

Things I've observed:
    In classic Namor a small trident looks phoney, sandals totally destroy the look, a too big of a belt doesn't looks good, a too square swimsuit doesn't looks good either. Short bracelets look better than long ones.

The blue costume although not the easiest to pull together may be the easiest to pull off. The Namor Phoenix red costume is the most difficult to make.
    Whoa! I salute the bravery and creativity of all those people! And you too, Thor-el. You are quite correct, good motivation. : )

I think you are correct in all your observations on the classic costume. The issue of sandals, however, is one of necessity, for many. I know I couldn't walk around the con barefoot. And of course, there's the question of the ankle wings. I know it isn't accurate, but I've wondered if doing a fake tattoo of ankle wings might be the best solution? It could be drawn to look like a thin membrane that lies against the leg. Oooh, are actually make them out of latex and 'glue' them to the leg, instead of feathers sticking out from the ankles.

Of the ones you found, I think #6 has the most accurate costume, from what we can see.

Of the non-classic row ... I like #2 solution to the trident. LOL!

I think 7 and 8 are the most accurate for the blue scale X-Men costume -- though it's hard to get those scales to lay flat. I personally like the printed scale material that #10 used.

I'm surprised we don't see more of the black costume, sort of like #5, without the gold shoulder harness. That one has foot coverings too. This costume, perhaps without the arm wings.

Of course, the easiest costume, would be the John Byrne, Namor in a suit. ; p

Mighty Member

Number 1 and 3 classic the roman sandals are killing it, looks like a gladiator instead of Namor. I agree for classic #6 seems to be the most accurate swimming trunks. I like the wings in classic #2 and alternate female #5. The trident in alternate female #6 is great. Blue costume #7 is famous cosplayer Danny Kelley who is jacked and has competed in several bodybuilding contests. There are a couple that are not using the pointy ears which is essential for a Namor cosplay like #7 classic, great physique, the best armbands but shorts are too big, belt too thick and no pointy ears. He seems to have some fake flesh colored fake feet/shoes which is a good idea. I really don't think tattooed ankle wings would be an option though.

The Byrne version with the suit, pointy ears and oracle CEO business cards would be the easiest one of course.

Number 1 and 3 classic the roman sandals are killing it, looks like a gladiator instead of Namor. I agree for classic #6 seems to be the most accurate swimming trunks. I like the wings in classic #2 and alternate female #5. The trident in alternate female #6 is great. Blue costume #7 is famous cosplayer Danny Kelley who is jacked and has competed in several bodybuilding contests. There are a couple that are not using the pointy ears which is essential for a Namor cosplay like #7 classic, great physique, the best armbands but shorts are too big, belt too thick and no pointy ears. He seems to have some fake flesh colored fake feet/shoes which is a good idea. I really don't think tattooed ankle wings would be an option though.

The Byrne version with the suit, pointy ears and oracle CEO business cards would be the easiest one of course.
    Or you could wear some black slacks, a torn up white shirt, and have a stuffed griffon hanging off your back. ; )

Yes, I thought that guy in Non-Classic Row #7 looked like the guy who did a Superman costume and was pals with George Perez.

Really? Fake feet shoes? That would be awesome! Cause I do agree, the sandals don't look good, though I understand exactly whey they are used.

I really do like the green scale spandex.

OfAtlantis! Have you seen this company Pharrell is working with / owns? They make denim and clothing out of recycled plastic bottles -- not sure if they actually were recovered from the ocean or not, but it's about trying to reduce the ocean garbage.

I don't know if I could see Namor sporting that t-shirt, but he's definitely expressed that opinion. I could see Namorita wearing it for sure.

Mighty Member

Or you could wear some black slacks, a torn up white shirt, and have a stuffed griffon hanging off your back.
    LOL, the griffin issue, that was great! John Byrne is a genius.

Yes, I thought that guy in Non-Classic Row #7 looked like the guy who did a Superman costume and was pals with George Perez.
    Yeah Mr. Danny Kelley is the cosplayer of cosplayers. But he is a short guy and short guys have it easier than us tall guys packing on muscle plus I bet he knows all the diet tricks and chemical help he can get on the side to get that cut keeping all the muscle mass. But you can't argue with his results he looks great! His wife is in great shape too and cosplays with him, here's a front shot of the blue costume and the side shot with his wife as Namorita.

12734079_10208921943633608_5334770676282115812_n.jpg

15830_10206689935754806_1173692496380212552_n.jpg

I really do like the green scale spandex.

Those trunks look perfect but that cape doesn't has to do anything with the character, unless Namor is trying on Lady Dorma's clothes.
    Last edited by Thor-El; 03-07-2016 at 04:38 PM.

OfAtlantis! Have you seen this company Pharrell is working with / owns? They make denim and clothing out of recycled plastic bottles -- not sure if they actually were recovered from the ocean or not, but it's about trying to reduce the ocean garbage.

I don't know if I could see Namor sporting that t-shirt, but he's definitely expressed that opinion. I could see Namorita wearing it for sure.
    That's awesome! I had no idea Pharell was involved in this. Thanks for sharing, Rev!
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    That's awesome! I had no idea Pharell was involved in this. Thanks for sharing, Rev!
    Yep, I caught him on talk show while flipping channels, and he was talking about the company, so I went hunting online.

I don't think Namor would use that cute little octopus for his mascot either. He'd have a great white shark mouth bursting out of the water ... or a giant angry kaiju!

count on skateboard P to be doing something useful with minimal fuss and hype
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)