Page 496 of 631 FirstFirst ... 396446486492493494495496497498499500506546596 ... LastLast
Results 7,426 to 7,440 of 9460

So the solicitations for Squadron Supreme # 9 state the following...

"...and the resurrection of Namor, the Sub-Mariner."

So maybe we wont have to wait until # 13 after all?

Looks like the majority of the issue is a focus on Warrior Woman. So who knows...

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    So the solicitations for Squadron Supreme # 9 state the following...

"...and the resurrection of Namor, the Sub-Mariner."

So maybe we wont have to wait until # 13 after all?

Looks like the majority of the issue is a focus on Warrior Woman. So who knows...
    I think what we'll see is the precog's vision, which will show Namor somehow being necessary to her plans, but not the actual resurrection. Though from what ACO, it sounds like he might draw more than one panel. I'm hoping so, since it sounds like he gets Namor.

I'm definitely checking it out at the shop, and might buy it if there's enough quality Namor in the issue.

I am happy to see the word 'resurrection' and not 'return' or something like it. That sounds like she is actually going to bring back our Namor.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    Remind me when it comes out in October and I can share my two cents here. I'm not big on Soule (because I'm not big on the Inhumans), but he's co-authoring it with Lemire, who I adore, so I'm going to give it a chance.
    Will do!

Yeah, I haven't really been wowed by Soule either.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

There have been some fun action figure posts with the new Namor figure ... which I still haven't gotten .... and I'll post them when I get a chance to go digging. But this was at the top of the queue today, and I had to post it. It's with the older, smaller figure of Namor, but I thought it hilarious. Now I'm thinking I need a Cap figure to ice cube. LOL!

https://www.instagram.com/vitobarro/

And we have another actor interested in playing Namor in a movie ...

https://twitter.com/fangirlsfather/s...62341185650688

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

Oh, that would be pretty fantastic. He was one of the better things about Heroes after all.
    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

I like Milo but he is 5'9", that would be a tiny Namor.
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

There needs to be a new solo Sub-Mariner animated series. Even if it's web exclusive. Something needs to happen. Stress super-hero action. Update all his old foes, and create some new ones.

Amazing Member

I would love this. But the chances of this happening seem very slim

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Ha.
    Two words.
    Tom. Cruise.

Height means nothing in Hollywood.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Ha.
    Two words.
    Tom. Cruise.

Tom Cruise was considered to play Tony Stark and he passed. That's an OK height if you are encased on an iron suit in your action scenes but when you are standing next to Hemsworth or Evans you don't want to look like a midget. Not impossible but I would prefer a taller actor, at least 6' to match Captain America's height. They cast a short actor to play Hawkman in Legends of Tomorrow and I was one that defended the casting but in certain scenes he looked terrible next to taller heroes and he was 5'11".
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    Oh, that would be pretty fantastic. He was one of the better things about Heroes after all.
    I did like him in Heroes, but I haven't seen him in a Namoresque role ... that I can recall. But I think it's cool that Namor is his favorite Marvel character and that he would be interested in the role.

Well, he certainly wouldn't match your physical image of Namor, Thor-el.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Ha.
    Two words.
    Tom. Cruise.

Wow. I didn't realize he was 5' 7". Hollywood has definitely shot him well.

Tom Cruise was considered to play Tony Stark and he passed. That's an OK height if you are encased on an iron suit in your action scenes but when you are standing next to Hemsworth or Evans you don't want to look like a midget. Not impossible but I would prefer a taller actor, at least 6' to match Captain America's height. They cast a short actor to play Hawkman in Legends of Tomorrow and I was one that defended the casting but in certain scenes he looked terrible next to taller heroes and he was 5'11".
    I didn't really notice that about Hawkman ... but then again, I don't think he has quite the physical presence Namor has. Though he does have bigger wings. ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    There needs to be a new solo Sub-Mariner animated series. Even if it's web exclusive. Something needs to happen. Stress super-hero action. Update all his old foes, and create some new ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by lameco View Post
    I would love this. But the chances of this happening seem very slim
    That may be the only way we'll get to see Namor out of the comics -- and sadly the stuff outside of comics now seems to drive what's IN the comics. I don't think there's a rights issue there, as they've used Attuma -- yet they won't even mention Namor.

Nice cosplay of the Phoenix Force costume from ... Jason Cube? Also, AWESOME trident!

https://www.instagram.com/jcubeproduction/

Anyone read Squadron Supreme #9 and want to shed some light on how they brought Namor back, please? Scans would be great too
    Last edited by Of Atlantis; 07-20-2016 at 09:38 AM.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher