Page 574 of 631 FirstFirst ... 74474524564570571572573574575576577578584624 ... LastLast
Results 8,596 to 8,610 of 9460

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Hello, been a lurker for a while and finally decided to join. Namor is my favorite character and I've been trying to read everything with him for the last few years. I've been hoping that Marvel opens their eyes and actually gives us a Sub-Mariner comic that runs for longer than 12 issues. I'm really hoping that if they do give us a series it revolves around Atlantis and maybe reviving Nita.
    Welcome to the Forum!
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The Jae Lee penciled issues of Namor the Sub-Mariner by Byrne and then Bob Harras were visually stunning!

X-Men Red #7 Preview: https://comicsverse.com/x-men-red-7-preview/

Oh look Atlantis is being attacked again.

Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Welcome! We are all waiting for that. It will certainly happen when they finally make a Sub-mariner feature in the MCU whenever that happens. Perhaps the Aquaman movie which is shaping to be a success will spark some interest for Marvel to dust off their own King of Atlantis and get a good ongoing series now. To me the 60s cartoon was such a jewel, his golden age and silver age series where awesome too. Hopefully they go back to those roots with the character and ignore some of the more modern appearances.
    Thank you all, I've been a Namor fan for a little over four years, I mainly stick to other forums but love to chat about Namor with others so I was happy to find this thread. I adore the 60's cartoon, I mainly love the Tales to Astonish Run, and while his more recent appearances are ok I would rather they try to recapture the regal quality of the character. I'm also very unsurprised at the latest upcoming attack.

I heard that Namor would be in Avengers come October and while they make it seem like he is against them? I am really hoping for an Invaders team up with Cap. I also am really disappointed that Jim Hammond has only been featured in a cameo all year. Marvel needs to give more attention to their oldest characters.

(Also I'm still newish to this forum but I am unsure why my icon doesn't show?)

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Why's the Namor thread in the main Marvel line? He's a mutant.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Same reason why the Scarlet Witch thread is here, I would imagine.

Namor's greater history is with the Marvel Universe as a whole. He only, relatively, recently has been involved with the X-Men to the degree he has today.

Fair point.
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

I would like another attempt at a Namor solo. He is one of my favorites and I like that he isn't exactly a superhero. And while overdone, I always liked the feud between him and his nemesis Attuma (who is another great character).
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Mighty Member

Well, this looks too good to be true. Hopefully we can finally get the REAL Defenders back, and a proper Namor to booth!!!
    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-defenders...creative-team/

Well, this looks too good to be true. Hopefully we can finally get the REAL Defenders back, and a proper Namor to booth!!!
    Quoted for truth!

I agree and Hope we can get the real, original Defenders back!

Good seeing you, Buddy!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Quoted for truth!

I agree and Hope we can get the real, original Defenders back!

Good seeing you, Buddy!
    Same here Phoenix. Glad to see you are still around, my friend!

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Hello, been a lurker for a while and finally decided to join. Namor is my favorite character and I've been trying to read everything with him for the last few years. I've been hoping that Marvel opens their eyes and actually gives us a Sub-Mariner comic that runs for longer than 12 issues. I'm really hoping that if they do give us a series it revolves around Atlantis and maybe reviving Nita.
    Greetings. Welcome. I used to love Namorita too. I read the original issues by Bill Everett as a kid and when she next appeared...Marvel-Two-In -One #2 splash with the Thing, art by by Gill Kane, I was hooked for life on her.

....... To me the 60s cartoon was such a jewel, his golden age and silver age series where awesome too. Hopefully they go back to those roots with the character and ignore some of the more modern appearances.
    That whole cartoon series, MMMS, MID-60s, Cap, Hulk, Iron Man, Thor and Namor got me addicted to comic books and super heroes especially. I was mesmerized and never looked back. Still reading on and off, and am Sixty next year.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I would like another attempt at a Namor solo. He is one of my favorites and I like that he isn't exactly a superhero. And while overdone, I always liked the feud between him and his nemesis Attuma (who is another great character).
    We're all on with that. He is missed around here. I'd prefer a solo book too.

Nice ad. Hulk looks fierce. Sounds like a start. One issue is better than nothing, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    Why's the Namor thread in the main Marvel line? He's a mutant.
    He's also a Defender, Invader, and debuted more than 20 years before the X-Men were a thing. Namor is his own franchise. X-Men's just been using him because nobody else wanted to.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

What does Namor mean in Secret Wars #9 when Namor says "Actually... I always assumed everyone would prefer it be me this time"?