Page 93 of 631 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143193593 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 9460
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Super-Villain Team-Up Collected!! That is good news for us Doom / Namor shippers. I just saw the Feb. solictiations and posted in the Doom thread. One of our sharp-eyed fans had seen this SVTU listing on Amazon about a month ago. I notice the title in now Super-Villians United.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Super-Villain Team-Up Collected!! That is good news for us Doom / Namor shippers. I just saw the Feb. solictiations and posted in the Doom thread. One of our sharp-eyed fans had seen this SVTU listing on Amazon about a month ago. I notice the title in now Super-Villians United.
    It is! I missed out on getting the Essential and it became out of print and pricey, so I'm glad to see this, and in color! I'm wondering if it also includes the issues from the Private War of Dr. Doom which I also missed out on.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    It is! I missed out on getting the Essential and it became out of print and pricey, so I'm glad to see this, and in color! I'm wondering if it also includes the issues from the Private War of Dr. Doom which I also missed out on.
    Yes, those are the issues (Avengers #154-155) that were in "Private War". They were also included in the SVTU Essentials, along with Sub-Mariner #20, Astonishing Tales #8 and Doom's first solo issue in MSH #20 . The Doom story and Astonishing Tales #8 were in a recent Masterworks called Marvel Rarieties and the Sub-Mariner one was in a Masterworks volume of his series. Now when I get that new Sub-Mariner Masterworks this month ( I have in on pre-order) I will have just about all the Doom/Namor silver age team ups in a nice collection. Maybe one day the Byrne Visionaries of Namor will be extended to include that Doom/Namor story.

Lots of good Namor time in the February solicits, but yeah, I'm very sad to see Robinson's present titles go Fingers crossed that he gets something new, preferably that involves Namor and Hammond, after FF ends and Secret Wars, too (if not sooner).

i was sad when Doom turned him down in NA..the supervillain team up i expected didnt happen :<
    doom's mental prowess is equal to that of namor's physical powers, they're probably the REAL dynamic duo of comics

Yes, those are the issues (Avengers #154-155) that were in "Private War". They were also included in the SVTU Essentials, along with Sub-Mariner #20, Astonishing Tales #8 and Doom's first solo issue in MSH #20 . The Doom story and Astonishing Tales #8 were in a recent Masterworks called Marvel Rarieties and the Sub-Mariner one was in a Masterworks volume of his series. Now when I get that new Sub-Mariner Masterworks this month ( I have in on pre-order) I will have just about all the Doom/Namor silver age team ups in a nice collection. Maybe one day the Byrne Visionaries of Namor will be extended to include that Doom/Namor story.
    Fortunately I do have those two Marvel Masterworks (Doom Rarieties & Sub-Mariner), so I've got those other issues. Once I get this new SVTU, I'll actually have all the stories. : ) I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they will release the third volume of John Bryne Visionaries Namor. It should have come out last September, and didn't show up this September, so I'm guessing they aren't going to release it. Sadly, I think we'd need volume 4 for the Doom stories.

Wait. Is the next volume of Marvel Masterworks Sub-Mariner coming out this month???

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    i was sad when Doom turned him down in NA..the supervillain team up i expected didnt happen :<
    doom's mental prowess is equal to that of namor's physical powers, they're probably the REAL dynamic duo of comics
    I agree. I was really hoping we'd see Namor and Doom allied and kicking butt.

Dynamic Duo? So Namor is Robin??? They both wear those trunks. ; )

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    Lots of good Namor time in the February solicits, but yeah, I'm very sad to see Robinson's present titles go Fingers crossed that he gets something new, preferably that involves Namor and Hammond, after FF ends and Secret Wars, too (if not sooner).
    Excellent question for the Alonso question thread! ; ) I'm going to ask about the video game situation.

http://community.comicbookresources....estions/page21

Robinson did say on Twitter he's does have other projects with Marvel after those books finish.

Fortunately I do have those two Marvel Masterworks (Doom Rarieties & Sub-Mariner), so I've got those other issues. Once I get this new SVTU, I'll actually have all the stories. : ) I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they will release the third volume of John Bryne Visionaries Namor. It should have come out last September, and didn't show up this September, so I'm guessing they aren't going to release it. Sadly, I think we'd need volume 4 for the Doom stories.

Wait. Is the next volume of Marvel Masterworks Sub-Mariner coming out this month???

Dynamic Duo? Nah . . . I'd call them the World's Finest

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post

This is awesome and updated!

Excellent question for the Alonso question thread! ; ) I'm going to ask about the video game situation.

http://community.comicbookresources....estions/page21

Robinson did say on Twitter he's does have other projects with Marvel after those books finish.
    Thanks for the encouragement! Here goes

I like the sound of that I hope Namor has some kind of turnaround in NA and it would be great to see them both play a big role in taking down Thanos and the others.

I was disappointed too. I can understand Doom feeling snubbed by Namor though. I don't have the issue in front of me but it was kind of funny that he said he could almost forgive him relying on Reed but it was like he was mostly ticked off the Namor was putting the others ahead of him in his allegiance. They had thoughts of conspiring together when they were both in the Cabal and I can see Doom being ticked off for not knowing about the Illuminati and their activities before that.

I thought it was going to be out before the end of the year at least. For some reason, November stuck in my mind but I have to see if I can find my preorder info.

At least they aren't like the TV version. Can you hear Doom calling Namor "old chum"?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Probert View Post
    This is awesome and updated!
    I have to agree entirely! I didn't see a new fight, did he update the merchandise? Some cool things there I need to look for.

Haven't got my comics yet. Have we got anything to look forward to in New Avengers?

I like the sound of that I hope Namor has some kind of turnaround in NA and it would be great to see them both play a big role in taking down Thanos and the others.

I was disappointed too. I can understand Doom feeling snubbed by Namor though. I don't have the issue in front of me but it was kind of funny that he said he could almost forgive him relying on Reed but it was like he was mostly ticked off the Namor was putting the others ahead of him in his allegiance. They had thoughts of conspiring together when they were both in the Cabal and I can see Doom being ticked off for not knowing about the Illuminati and their activities before that.
    Same here! although it's very very unlikely, given the bleak moment in his last feature in NA, i hope namor has another card up his sleeve.
    he's not as smart as doom but namor is pretty cunning.

At least they aren't like the TV version. Can you hear Doom calling Namor "old chum"?
    Tv? Chum? Would'nt it be great if we'd see them dine in the chum bucket

unfortunately, another underwhelming week for namor
    we barely see him in any other page apart from what we saw in the previews of FF#13
    NA #26 is hickman back to his decompressed best..an issue solely focused on a character (and a half)

unfortunately, another underwhelming week for namor
    we barely see him in any other page apart from what we saw in the previews of FF#13
    NA #26 is hickman back to his decompressed best..an issue solely focused on a character (and a half)

That's sad news. But at least he's in FF. Off to supper and reading my books!