Page 13 of 631 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113513 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Awwww! You're sweet to say so.
    It's the truth!

Darn straight! I wish they'd bring Lady Dorma back ... or someone who loves him as much.
    I want them to bring her back as well, but the sad truth is, it's hard for us to typically get a writer who LOVES to write Namor and writes him well ON LAND. Where Marvel seemingly wants him so he can interact with all these surface folk who he doesn't want to interact with. If they brought her back, and they fell back in love and all of that, and ruled Atlantis happily FOREVER-TOGETHER-we'd NEVER get Namor in ANYTHING.
    Because Roy isn't writing him right now, and I don't know who else would write him in Atlantis, and write ABOUT Atlantis.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

I may bother you one of these days for one of those to use as an avatar, would that be okay?

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    I had plans to do the same but for Pym & Justice. I think I lost my job where I had a friend who I was sharing comics with every week about half-way through the series though and ended up cutting down to one book a month for myself and losing access to the stuff that guy was buying. :/
    I found it pretty okay. It wasn't my most favorite series, but it could have been a lot worse.
    I actually found myself fond of quite a few of the characters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NamorsTrident View Post
    AH.... See that is why we need you around Rheged! I read the #6 totally forgot Namor was in that issue. I also read the Civil War series because I love the Magneto Family but how I could ever forget Namor forcing his hand through Magneto's bubble is beyond me. I skipped the Cap HoM tie though....I might check that out now that I know it had some Namor stuff in it.

How did Namor's son look? Was he blue like his mother?
    LOL! Glad to be of some service. :P

Nope. Namor's son looked a lot like him. Except he smiled more. LOL!

Hang on a sec. I think I have pics of the Cap HoM. It really didn't have much, just a page or two without any dialog.

Oh, here's what made that page from HoM Civil War priceless. Magneto reaction.

I wish they'd done more with Magneto and Namor in the X-books. Fraction started out with them having a good snarky scene, but we saw little of them together afterwards.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    I may bother you one of these days for one of those to use as an avatar, would that be okay?
    Feel free to take what you want. Another Namor fan made them for Namor fans.

Namor appears on the BP:HoM issue where he teams-up with Black Panther, Queen Storm of Kenya, Emperor Sunfire of Japan, and Black Bollt of Attilan to defeat Apocalypse. They also made up the Council of Kings, in which each of the world leaders would hold their own private conferences away from Magneto. Dr. Doom was also apart of that council.

Also, Jonathan Rhys Meyers as potential Namor:

We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

BANNED

Jonathan Rhys Meyers was born to play Namor.

Fantastic Member

Enjoyed the Sub mariner series but never collected anything past that .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post

Namor appears on the BP:HoM issue where he teams-up with Black Panther, Queen Storm of Kenya, Emperor Sunfire of Japan, and Black Bollt of Attilan to defeat Apocalypse. They also made up the Council of Kings, in which each of the world leaders would hold their own private conferences away from Magneto. Dr. Doom was also apart of that council.
    Thank you! I knew it was in a tie-in, but I couldn't remember which one.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Also, Jonathan Rhys Meyers as potential Namor:

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    Jonathan Rhys Meyers was born to play Namor.
    Jonathan Rhys Meyers gets a lot of love in the fancasts, in part because of The Tudors, I think. And well, he does have a elfin look. I didn't think he had the build for it, but he's put on some weight with age.

BANNED

Jonathan Rhys Meyers gets a lot of love in the fancasts, in part because of The Tudors, I think. And well, he does have a elfin look. I didn't think he had the build for it, but he's put on some weight with age.
    And the eyebrows.
    Good god he HAS Namors famous eyebrows.

BANNED

I think you're totally correct about the story from the annuals. If I remember correctly the Avengers Academy thing with Pietro . . . one of the less-scrupulous of the academy cadets (the one with Asperger's who's code name starts with an "R", I don't remember it off-had) figured out that he was still a bit of a sneak and blackmailed him into mentoring her in being a manipulative sneak.
    That was Finesse.
    She manipulated/blackmailed him into teaching her to be like Magneto. By threatening to rat him out about him not really being a skrull during the entire terrigen mist mess.
    But they actually bonded and formed a friendship.
    Well, as best as one can form a friendship with Pietro.
    That's a lot of brass, trying to blackmail Pietro. LOL!

Yes, I read the ENTIRETY of Avengers Academy.
    FOR Pietro.

That is dedication.
    You are a REAL fan.

I had plans to do the same but for Pym & Justice. I think I lost my job where I had a friend who I was sharing comics with every week about half-way through the series though and ended up cutting down to one book a month for myself and losing access to the stuff that guy was buying. :/
    I found it pretty okay. It wasn't my most favorite series, but it could have been a lot worse.
    I actually found myself fond of quite a few of the characters.
    I think I have two trades of Avengers Academy, for some reason. Of course, I haven't read them yet. I HAVE actually read Avengers Arena, the follow up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    And the eyebrows.
    Good god he HAS Namors famous eyebrows.
    Well, in one of them, for sure. But they can shape up eyebrows much easier than shaping up a physique. NJ06 had posted some very elfin looking pics of Nick Hoult, that made you forget he was Beast.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

The casting call posts from the last 3 pages are quite interesting. Rhys Myers was off my radar for a long time until Dracula. He was pretty good (although I thought Thomas Kretschmann stole the show.)

For some reason, I see Richard Armitage as Doctor Strange more than Namor - even though he does have a bit of Namor's look about him. He is utterly petrified of drowning (the sub pursuit sequence in Captain America: The First Avenger freaked him out once the water came into the sub.)

But Lee Pace...wow. I think he would be a splendid Namor.

So many choices.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    But Lee Pace...wow. I think he would be a splendid Namor.
    Shame he's taken already.

Big fan of Namor...(one of the original four, along with Superman, Batman, and The Human Torch)...loved reading thru this thread.