Page 497 of 631 FirstFirst ... 397447487493494495496497498499500501507547597 ... LastLast
Results 7,441 to 7,455 of 9460

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    Anyone read Squadron Supreme #9 and want to shed some light on how they brought Namor back, please? Scans would be great too
    They didn't. At least not yet...

spoilers:
    Mordred infiltrated New Attilan and used his magics to make Ulysses show him a potential future where Namor helps Warrior Woman conquer earth with the combined forces of the Myriad & Atlantis. Zarda finds this interesting since they recently killed Namor. Mordred surmises that since so many heroes have been brought back from the dead, they shouldn't have trouble bringing Namor back.
    end of spoilers

Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Anyone read Squadron Supreme #9 and want to shed some light on how they brought Namor back, please? Scans would be great too
    Ha! I logged on to ask the same question! Wondering if I needed to make the trip to my LCBS tonight for some Namor greatness, or if it was just a background appearance / mention that I could wait till something interesting was released to make the trip.

Awwww. If that was it I can wait. I was hoping to see ACO at least draw Namor full sized in the speedo!

The only thing interesting there is the caption about the Atlanteans. Are they FINALLY going to be treated with respect as an advanced global power, instead of being jobbed out to whoever Marvel needs to look good at the moment ... including what, FIVE Squadron Supreme characters?

Are they going to be restored to a viable national population, instead of a bunch of nomads, that Marvel decimates repeatedly, again, to make others look good? I'm looking at you too, Fraction, with your "wouldn't it be cool to have the Atlanteans wash up on shore like schools of dead fish" to 'validate' whatever threat you've made up this month.

Yes. I'm annoyed about the treatment of the Atlanteans too.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I found the full page with the Namor appearance in SS. ACO did indeed draw Namor in the speedo. I have to say, I do love the layout / design of the double page splash.

Close up!

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I've read it now, and I honestly have to say this is the best issue of SS that Robinson has produced yet. The lead story with ACO more firmly established Warrior Woman, we got a glimpse of Namor, and a strong sense of what is coming. The back-up story was at least as good if not better. I've got pretty high hopes for the Finding Namor story.
    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    I've read it now, and I honestly have to say this is the best issue of SS that Robinson has produced yet. The lead story with ACO more firmly established Warrior Woman, we got a glimpse of Namor, and a strong sense of what is coming. The back-up story was at least as good if not better. I've got pretty high hopes for the Finding Namor story.
    Agreed! Kinda funny since none of the actual Squadron Supreme team appeared.

I really liked the art in the first story. The art style for the second story is popular now ... it was very clean.

The stressing of Hyperion's weakness against magic is really annoying me, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Well, that explains it for me. ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Ha! Good point. I didn't even realize. I'm really liking the real-deal Zarda though.
    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

Kieron Gillen will be doing another Marvel book after Darth Vader ends...

Quote Originally Posted by BleedingCool
    Gillen does have a new, final book with Marvel coming soon that he teased was just too good to turn down and feels like settling unfinished business.
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/07/...-bringing-mum/

As ever, I futilely hope it will be a Namor book, but I'm pretty sure it will be America Chavez, or maybe Deathshead.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

As ever, I futilely hope it will be a Namor book, but I'm pretty sure it will be America Chavez, or maybe Deathshead.
    Gillen is actually a really vocal, huge fan of Namor...
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Ooooh . . . Well I wouldn't mind a Deathshead book by him, but Gillen on Namor would be pretty swell.
    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

Gillen is actually a really vocal, huge fan of Namor...
    He is! I think he said his favorite, or was it his easiest?, Marvel characters to write were Loki and Namor. I'm hoping that by 'unfinished business' he meant his old pitch for the Namor the First Mutant series ... or that AvX mess. However, it is a tiny hope, given Marve'sl total disregard for Namor.

Ooooh . . . Well I wouldn't mind a Deathshead book by him, but Gillen on Namor would be pretty swell.
    I think I would enjoy it, though it might be polarizing. I think he would write Namor more as a fully rounded character in his own book, than mostly focusing on the sexy side of Namor as he did in the team book.

BANNED

The artwork in this issue was a vast improvent what obtained previously and as such, I'm hoping that the artist is still on the book when Namor is ressurected.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    The artwork in this issue was a vast improvent what obtained previously and as such, I'm hoping that the artist is still on the book when Namor is ressurected.
    I think Leonard Kirk is going to do the Finding Namor arc. I'm not sure if there is going to be an arc after that. I do like ACO's sense of design and panel layouts. Of course, since I love Art Nouveau, that big double page splash with Namor, I find really striking. I still haven't read his Midnighter series. But I don't think ACO has been announced for any other books, DC or Marvel, though I'm not keeping track of DC too much -- except for Christopher Priest's Deathstroke book.

Hmmmm. Speaking of ... back to your question from a while back, I would love to see what Christopher Priest would do on a Namor solo book.

BANNED

I think Leonard Kirk is going to do the Finding Namor arc. I'm not sure if there is going to be an arc after that. I do like ACO's sense of design and panel layouts. Of course, since I love Art Nouveau, that big double page splash with Namor, I find really striking. I still haven't read his Midnighter series. But I don't think ACO has been announced for any other books, DC or Marvel, though I'm not keeping track of DC too much -- except for Christopher Priest's Deathstroke book.

Hmmmm. Speaking of ... back to your question from a while back, I would love to see what Christopher Priest would do on a Namor solo book.
    The Midnighter book was extremely violent and quite jarring to be quite frank the artwork was solid though.

Christopher Priest penning a Namor solo book would be a dream come true as I feel he'd really delve into Namor as a character and Atlantis as an intellectual concept worthy of proper exploration.