Page 502 of 631 FirstFirst ... 2402452492498499500501502503504505506512552602 ... LastLast
Results 7,516 to 7,530 of 9460

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    What did the Blue Marvel do?
    he never mentioned Namor; I can tell you that. he just stopped the Squadron from attacking his research facility. :shrugs:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    he never mentioned Namor; I can tell you that. he just stopped the Squadron from attacking his research facility. :shrugs:
    Isn't that the writers fault then?
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 08-03-2016 at 02:52 PM.

Isn't tha the writers fault then?
    i'll wait for the other user to reply. but I'm not sure that there's fault to pin on anyone. there was zero reason for Namor to be mentioned. they were setting up the Civil War II tie-in stuff.

BANNED

i'll wait for the other user to reply. but I'm not sure that there's fault to pin on anyone. there was zero reason for Namor to be mentioned. they were setting up the Civil War II tie-in stuff.
    Cool.

Mighty Member

I loved that BM essentially solo'd the Squadron Sociopath. I wish he had actually gotten to cut loose.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

What did the Blue Marvel do?
    Exactly.

Namor is supposed to be a long time friend of Blue Marvel -- retconned, of course, to give Blue Marvel history -- and this guy doesn't give a thought to bringing the team that murdered him to justice? He's supposed to be a superhero, who should understand racism and profiling and genocide and yet he doesn't care about bringing to justice a team that committed genocide against the Atlanteans? Nope. All he cares about his protecting his research facility. Screw you, BM.

Isn't that the writers fault then?
    I think I've made it clear I'm beyond disappointed with Robinson in this book.

See above. Toro sure didn't let the Namor's murderer slide without a word... well at least one of them. He didn't say squat to Black Bolt, another Namor assassin. Nighthawk had no problem mentioning it, either.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 08-03-2016 at 11:41 PM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    Atlanteans got jobbed again? Jeez
    Not directly. See below.

Quote Originally Posted by Namor'sWrath View Post
    I loved that BM essentially solo'd the Squadron Sociopath. I wish he had actually gotten to cut loose.
    Ha! Squadron Sociopath! Truth!

While I don't think the SS can be erased fast enough, and enjoy seeing them trashed, everytime it happens, it just makes the Atlanteans and Namor look bad. I mean, if one guy can take them out, then WTF happened that one of the most advanced nations on the planet, which also has a fabled magical knowledge, artifacts, and mages, AND their legendary hero who has 70 fended off heroes and villains for over 75 years, can't even make a dent in them? Yeah, no thanks.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Exactly.

Namor is supposed to be a long time friend of Blue Marvel -- retconned, of course, to give Blue Marvel history -- and this guy doesn't give a thought to bringing the team that murdered him to justice? He's supposed to be a superhero, who should understand racism and profiling and genocide and yet he doesn't care about bringing to justice a team that committed genocide against the Atlanteans? Nope. All he cares about his protecting his research facility. Screw you, BM.
    I disagree entirely. but this is an appreciation thread. so i'm not going to discuss it here. if you're bold enough, you could always post the complaint in the Squadron Supreme or Blue Marvel thread(s).

I disagree entirely. but this is an appreciation thread. so i'm not going to discuss it here. if you're bold enough, you could always post the complaint in the Squadron Supreme or Blue Marvel thread(s).
    Of course you disagree entirely, despite at least half my post being FACTS. But you've made your anti-Namor bias and "discussion" tactics quite clear in the "Namor got jobbed" thread.

Bold enough? LOL! Please. It isn't bold to go into an appreciation thread and complain about the character. It's TROLLING.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 08-03-2016 at 06:42 PM.

Of course you disagree entirely, despite at least half my post being FACTS. But you've made your anti-Namor bias and "discussion" tactics quite clear in the "Namor got jobbed" thread.

Bold enough? LOL! Please. It isn't bold to go into an appreciation thread and complain about the character. It's TROLLING.
    you could start another "Namor got jobbed" thread. but i'll take this post as a sign that you aren't interested.

On a more pleasant subject ...

I've found a few Namor Respect threads, but this one is a bit more recent and on Reddit, and I think the picture links seem to be working. Haven't had a chance to go through it, yet.

https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthre...ng_son_marvel/

Exactly.

I wouldn't blame Blue Marvel, really. Robinson's had trouble following his own continuity in this series, never mind someone else's.

Really no need to try and bait people in other appreciation threads...
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Mighty Member

you could start another "Namor got jobbed" thread. but i'll take this post as a sign that you aren't interested.
    Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    I wouldn't blame Blue Marvel, really. Robinson's had trouble following his own continuity in this series, never mind someone else's.

Really no need to try and bait people in other appreciation threads...
    Seriously. The bait is obvious.

Exactly.

I think I've made it clear I'm beyond disappointed with Robinson in this book.

See above. Toro sure didn't let the Namor's murderer slide without a word... well at least one of them. He didn't say squat to Black Bolt, another Namor assassin. Nighthawk had no problem mentioning it, either.
    Wasn't the Black Bolt/BP back-stab retconned (corrected) out of continuity by the end of Secret Wars and T'Challa's Time Gem shenanigans? I still think it was a confusing and lousy story point, but if we're going to quibble over continuity (and I'm not saying we shouldn't; we're comix fans darn it!) that bears acknowledgement. I haven't gotten to read the issue yet (probably on my flight to San Antonio tomorrow), but I'm disappointed that it sounds like an opportunity was missed to recognize Namor and Adam's friendship. That's a relationship I've felt a pretty personal connection to as it mirrored one I (as a mixed-race man) share with a close, long time friend (and African-American man from the deep south). It's not just Robinson though. It seems like that very important element of Blue Marvel's history has been consistently ignored since the original Kevin Grevioux (sp?) mini-series . . . despite the fact that their interaction was of major importance to the character and, if I recall correctly, was the primary character interaction in one of the issues of the mini.
    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

In regards to Black Bolt's betrayal of Namor during New Avengers, I don't think anyone outside of Black Panther, Namor and Black Bolt even knew about it, so I wouldn't have expected Toro would be like "wtf bro" at any point. That's if it wasn't even retconned.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher