Page 610 of 631 FirstFirst ... 110510560600606607608609610611612613614620 ... LastLast
Results 9,136 to 9,150 of 9460
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I deced to give The Best Defense a shot and I loved it! Made me a lot more interested in Namor. I wouldn't mind a new ongoing by this creative team, or a Defenders relaunch.
    I'm glad to hear that! While it won't be a Namor solo book, the new INVADERS books is by this creative team (+ Butch Guice doing the WWII flashbacks -- or maybe the modern stuff), and at least the first arc will be Namor centric. Namor will be the opposition to the rest of the Invaders in the present portions.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Well, I was so excited about the Aquaman movie until I saw the Avengers 4 teaser this morning. April cannot come fast enough! Makes me hope Marvel will do it better with Namor.
    Just watched it too.

I'm still more excited by the Aquaman movie -- for the underwater stuff. Keeping my fingers crossed it will be amazing!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    spoilers:
    The presence of the surfer's board saving Namor at the last minute indicates that it's another planet.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    spoilers:
    He flat out says "That tunnel. That damned tunnel. It was a portal to a world of water. A world without air, simply outer space." Couple that with surfers board points to them likely just being on some different planet rather than an alternate universe or pocket dimension.
    end of spoilers
    I see what your saying and that may indeed be the case. I thought differently, because spoilers:
    I've never heard of a water planet without an atmosphere. If it is another world, why does it have earth creatures? Creatures not found at the crushing depths of the portal. If the Vodani are right, then doesn't that mean the Atlanteans are aliens?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    You guys made me buy the two first issues of The Best Defense... Just to say...
    Excellent move! I thought of you when I saw this on Al Ewing's twitter.

Magritte.jpg

https://twitter.com/Al_Ewing/status/1070321249518305280

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I like it so far. The set up really drives the "non-team" aspect. It kind of reminds me of a less Morrisony Seven Soldiers of Victory.
    Interesting. It does have that various stories by various artists that connect. I need to read the Hulk issue.

Mighty Member

I just read Jason Aaron's Avengers title story arc with Namor. Now that is the Namor I want to read. One that is physically unequal with most of the powerhouses when he is under water. He is not the type of character that if you are a surface dweller, you do not want to face Namor underwater.

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    I just read Jason Aaron's Avengers title story arc with Namor. Now that is the Namor I want to read. One that is physically unequal with most of the powerhouses when he is under water. He is not the type of character that if you are a surface dweller, you do not want to face Namor underwater.
    I have to agree with this 200%! Sadly, I don't think that's what Jason Aaron really believes that. I think there's something else going on with Namor that has effected his power and his ... mental state.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I haven't seen that rumor, but I seriously doubt it is true. The trailer looks pretty much like the movies cast.

Byrrah? No, I can't see that. Byrrah has been dead since the 90s. IMO, chances are far greater that Attuma will be in it, rather than Byrrah. Actually, Attuma will be in it before, Namor, I predict.

I do believe it will only be available on Switch.

Might try asking Agent M -- I think he actually answers questions.

https://twitter.com/AgentM

Otherwise, check out or try asking Bill Roseman. He's in charge of Marvel Games.

https://twitter.com/BillRosemann

Or the Marvel Games twitter.

https://twitter.com/MarvelGames
    Thanks so much! If Namor isn't in it then I'm not interested but I will be trying to figure this out, I think you are right about Attuma getting in before Namor
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

I posted this in the Avenger's Preview thread but I wanted to discuss it here:
    ....So the Atlantean's are a fictional culture I get it. But does no one else see the problem that one of the so called "heroes" want's to go back and fight a culture that is living the equivalent lifestyle of some third world countries?

Forget Namor for a second and think, there are children living in caves because you dropped a Celestial on them and never thought to check for ramifications of that. Never even offered to help. But yeah just go beat the crap out of them more. WTF
    Atlantis is a real place in the MU so the fact that the "Good Guys" keep treating it as a nothing more then a garbage dump is starting to get too off putting. I mean how wold Robbie feel if someone came to the part of LA where he is from destroyed it and when confronted about it was given a racial slur, met with an apathetic attitude and then continued on business as usual? Really Marvel? That is how you are going to handle this.....
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 12-08-2018 at 04:57 AM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post

I posted this in the Avenger's Preview thread but I wanted to discuss it here:

Atlantis is a real place in the MU so the fact that the "Good Guys" keep treating it as a nothing more then a garbage dump is starting to get too off putting. I mean how wold Robbie feel if someone came to the part of LA where he is from destroyed it and when confronted about it was given a racial slur, met with an apathetic attitude and then continued on business as usual? Really Marvel? That is how you are going to handle this.....
    Frankly, the "Good Guys" have always treated Atlantis like a garbage dump. Namor is the product of the surface world dropping crap on Atlanteans. Civil War Iron Man and Secret Empire Cap should both be in an Atlantean prison. I agree on the Celestial business. Can't check on where they dropped it, but they roll out full strength to save a few Roxxon murderers? I guarantee you, if some Roxxon murders entered Wakanda and killed some his people, Black Panther wouldn't be turning them over to the Avengers. Heck, I'd doubt the Avengers would even come looking.

One thing, is that Cap claimed the Avengers were for _everyone_ and did offer to help, now, but only AFTER he saved the air breather murderers from Atlantean justice. But more interesting is the claim from Black Panther that he HAD made offers to help. Like he knew what had happened to Atlantis and didn't bother telling any of his team mates before leading an "army" to Atlantis to save some trespassing Roxxon goons.

I'm tired of Atlantis being destroyed period. It's something that should NOT be happening. At all. I can't think of any time they Atlanteans starving and settling for caves. Of course, what's happening in Avengers doesn't quite fit with what's happening in Defenders and Invaders. That Atlantis doesn't look like they are living in caves or starving.

That page doesn't do any favors for either of them. But to your point ... Robbie comes across as callous and racist and hypocritical. Captain Marvel, in full lecture mode about HOMEWORK, and yet doesn't feel the need to call him on it? Okaaaay.

And then they wonder why Namor is antagonistic toward the surface world?

Frankly, the "Good Guys" have always treated Atlantis like a garbage dump. Namor is the product of the surface world dropping crap on Atlanteans. Civil War Iron Man and Secret Empire Cap should both be in an Atlantean prison. I agree on the Celestial business. Can't check on where they dropped it, but they roll out full strength to save a few Roxxon murderers? I guarantee you, if some Roxxon murders entered Wakanda and killed some his people, Black Panther wouldn't be turning them over to the Avengers. Heck, I'd doubt the Avengers would even come looking.
    This and everything else you all said. I'm so sick of Atlantis being treated like this. And whenever they want Atlantis to be a threat they start going 'oh no Atlantis and Namor are so strong! it will take all of us to defeat him' then they destroy it in one panel and congratulate themselves or just plain out ignore everything Namor is dealing with after their actions have led to Atlantis and its people being hurt. They call on Namor to be sympathetic to surface people but are so insensitive to his plight.

russel wong fan cast.jpg

I made this edit a while back and wanted to share. It is actor Russell Wong when he was younger, and I think if Marvel had made a Prince Namor movie in that time he would have been such a good pick.

All-New Member

One thing, is that Cap claimed the Avengers were for _everyone_ and did offer to help, now, but only AFTER he saved the air breather murderers from Atlantean justice. But more interesting is the claim from Black Panther that he HAD made offers to help. Like he knew what had happened to Atlantis and didn't bother telling any of his team mates before leading an "army" to Atlantis to save some trespassing Roxxon goons.

I'm tired of Atlantis being destroyed period. It's something that should NOT be happening. At all. I can't think of any time they Atlanteans starving and settling for caves. Of course, what's happening in Avengers doesn't quite fit with what's happening in Defenders and Invaders. That Atlantis doesn't look like they are living in caves or starving.

That page doesn't do any favors for either of them. But to your point ... Robbie comes across as callous and racist and hypocritical. Captain Marvel, in full lecture mode about HOMEWORK, and yet doesn't feel the need to call him on it? Okaaaay.

And then they wonder why Namor is antagonistic toward the surface world?

Some really solid points you two raised particularly on how if this were say Wakanda the sovereigns rage would probably be portrayed more righteously. Of course the entire thing feels a bit forced. The reason Namor is so enraged feels legitimate enough. But everything else feels off. He is even back to complaining about Black Panther vowing his death after they more or less reconciled
    I would actually love it is some sit kept a tally on various things that happen in comics deaths, retcons fights, wars, destruction of citys
    I am curious how many times Atlantis (and Asgard for that matter) have been destroyed

I'm reading this and holding my tongue, ummm, maybe not.

And it is a shame, because I like characters like the Panther. Until they created this feud between him and Namor. I don't even remember what it is about!

Namor is literally the most noble of most characters, just for putting up with all this and that has been depicted, even under retcons (Invaders for example).

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I'm reading this and holding my tongue, ummm, maybe not.

And it is a shame, because I like characters like the Panther. Until they created this feud between him and Namor. I don't even remember what it is about!

Namor is literally the most noble of most characters, just for putting up with all this and that has been depicted, even under retcons (Invaders for example).
    Never forget. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Never forget. Lol.

Man that whole event was so trash. For almost everyone involved. With the way Storm and T'Challa ended their marriage to that scene right there. (The whole slug fest between them should have never been allowed. They could have ended their marriage another way.)

What I never understood was why were fans so outraged at Namor for that even when he was pushed by Emma and Controlled by the Phoenix. I also hate to call T'Challa out here but why did the writers have one of the Smartest men in the Marvel world think it was a good idea to have the people who were being hunted by comic level beings be placed in the middle of his country?

There was so much blame to be thrown around there between Namor, Emma, T'Challa, the Phoenix Force, and somewhat Captain America that the whole thing read to me as dumb and contrived.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.