Page 613 of 631 FirstFirst ... 113513563603609610611612613614615616617623 ... LastLast
Results 9,181 to 9,195 of 9460
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Leon Evelake View Post
    Good point during the secret wars and while they were on battle world they had definitely moved on as much as they ever would. But how everything works in the post recreated universe is kind of vague. As for if something is affecting Namor.. being that this is Jason Aaron, I have my doubts. They guy cannot write a single series without retconing things. His Thor run lives and breaths retcons, Thanos rebirth is a massive retcon and even his Punisher max retconed Franks history, motivations and age. I ahve a feeling Namor is next on the docket.
    Interesting observation on Jason Aaron's work. I actually haven't read many of his comics. I am wondering why Namor will have something to do with the War of the Realms?

I would have thought that alot of what happened with the Illuminati would have been wiped out by Black Panther using whatever Infinity Stone he used. But Squadron Supreme seemed to contradict that.

As for the stuff other people were talking about in regards to Hickmans Namor.. I am mildly mixed. At times I think he overly focused too much on his jerkass attributes which are just getting more and more prominent over the years and more or less ignored any nobility he had.
    Sadly, it isn't just Hickman. I think many modern writers have forgotten what Namor was like for most of the Silver Age.

But at times I loved how he wrote him the scene where he (Do we have to worry about spoilers? I dont know how to tag or tid them here ) stepped up and called out the Illuminati for not having the conviction to follow through with their plan to save their world and then destroyed the Great Society's world. It was really well wrote and felt perfectly in character. Namor has always been the kind of man that would make sacrifices to protect his people
    "I am the greatest man I know... But compared to this, I'm nothing. Just as you... are nothing. Am I the only man here with the courage of his convictions... Or am I the only one with conviction at all?

These lines you won't cross... These things you won't do... They shame you. How dare any of you put yourself--your damned morals--above the lives of every living thing? The truth is, you people aren't worth that... And neither am I. Our lives are a pittance. A petty, small nothing..."

Minus the " I am the greatest man I know" part this is some probably my favorite Namor lines. If someone could take this Namor and add in a bit more of his classic nobility I would be thrilled.
    I agree. It was an amazing scene.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Do you think Namor will get an invite to the wedding? He wasn't asked to help the FF fight when they called in all their previous members. I know Namor has never been an actual member of the FF but he is closer to being a member than Iceman or Herby ever was.
    Yes, I found that odd. Wasn't he a member of the FF when Reed was allegedly dead? He was in the book for over a year, IIRC. Far longer than Namorita was with the team.

Namor was asked to an FF wedding ... I was thinking it was Ben's, during the Millar run.

But considering what Aaron is doing with Namor and the Defenders of the Deep, he may have been asked, but flatly refused.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Yes, I found that odd. Wasn't he a member of the FF when Reed was allegedly dead? He was in the book for over a year, IIRC. Far longer than Namorita was with the team.
    I don't think they ever made it official. He was just sorta hanging around at during that era. But I thought that too it would be enough to justify him being there. Again more so than some of the other people there.

Namor was asked to an FF wedding ... I was thinking it was Ben's, during the Millar run.

But considering what Aaron is doing with Namor and the Defenders of the Deep, he may have been asked, but flatly refused.
    Yeah... your probably right. :/
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Mighty Member

I think I saw some Alex Ross art for that issue that had Namor in it but it is probably a collage of important characters and not a scene from the actual wedding.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    I think I saw some Alex Ross art for that issue that had Namor in it but it is probably a collage of important characters and not a scene from the actual wedding.

There's this variant cover by Alex Ross, which is also a poster, inspired by FF 100, IIRC, where Namor has a nice big cameo.

I don't think they ever made it official. He was just sorta hanging around at during that era. But I thought that too it would be enough to justify him being there. Again more so than some of the other people there.

Yeah... your probably right. :/
    I haven't read that FF issue yet, but all those people were supposedly "officially" asked?

So, I was browsing the Avengers review thread and it looks like Namor's Defenders of the Deep were taken out by Squadron Supreme.

So. Very. Annoying.

I'm usually not a fan of lethal Namor, but this once, I wish Namor would take out the SS permanently.

I haven't read that FF issue yet, but all those people were supposedly "officially" asked?
    Technically ... no. Like the replacement Fantastic Four featuring Hulk, Wolverine, Ghost Rider, and Spider-Man, they kind of just formed on their own with some help from Doctor Strange iirc. After it was over the FF never declared them Fantastic Four members they kinda was just using the name and held the title for that mini event. Spider-Man would be asked later of course. So Wolverine was technically never an official member and he was there. However, that was it.
    So, I was browsing the Avengers review thread and it looks like Namor's Defenders of the Deep were taken out by Squadron Supreme.

So. Very. Annoying.

I'm usually not a fan of lethal Namor, but this once, I wish Namor would take out the SS permanently.
    I'm doing my best not to talk about it or I probably wont stop.

I read it.

I'm going to let everyone else share.

And I'm going to do my best not to look at that soap box taunting me.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Playing catch up ...

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I know Atlantis is strong but I just feel none of the writers remember that until its convenient for them to set up Atlantis as a threat to their heroes/characters story. I personally can't stand it when Namor is in FF books because of how they always have him set up as Reed's competition for Sue. (I don't want to do any shipping discourse but I do not like Sue/Namor because it never shows Namor in a good light, he is supposed to be the bad guy there and I am happy that Marvel moved past this love triangle). Steve's relationship with Namor has taken a long downward slide and I just wish they could recapture that old mutual respect for each other.
    I WISH Marvel would move past the Reed Sue Namor triangle. They actually had back in the 70s, and then again in the 90s, but the modern writers just keep bringing it back up. While I think Namor and Sue will always consider each other friends, that relationship as a romance has moved on and on. Let it go! I sort of see Reed as being cast as the 'bad guy' there, with Sue using her relationship with Namor to remind Reed he's married -- amongst other things. I think Namor has only asked Sue for something once (in Sub-Mariner Revolution) and she mostly refused to help.

I was going to say that Cap can't trash talk Namor any more after Hydra Cap, but are they saying that really wasn't Cap? I avoided that event like the plague.

I am forever salty about that! The closest we got was in the teen jean comic where she enters his mind and sees how much he is still affected. I really wish we could have gotten more than a few panels. The effects of a man like Namor whose element is water and the earth and being used by a cosmic fire bird would have been so interesting.
    That and the whole killing planets with the Cabal. Though again, that supposedly did not actually happen, right? Except for the fact that the SS executed him for that. Yes, confusing. Anyway, yes, we had the issue of Teen Jean. And we had a scene with Hope in AvX Confessions. If we had gotten an issue or mini-series SEVEN years ago, after the event, that would have great. Now, I'm thinking they should just drop that and never mention it again.

I think that is very interesting, Namor being a linchpin, because Namor really is one of the few characters who has transversed so many different comics and been on so many teams, even at times two teams at once. One of the more interesting comics cameos he had I feel was in Man Thing, heck he even met Howard the duck and I just love that comic because we get more backstory for Atlantis.

I think Namor gets blamed unfairly (not that he hasn't felt ramifications for the actions he had done or that he is blameless but I feel he is blamed MORE than others were) and is always used for stuff especially in the last decade. As I said before he is really the only one who is still being punished for Phoenix and what happened when he was possessed.
    Namor is a linchpin in many ways. He's the first actual Golden Age character, since Johnny Storm is a reboot of an original GA Jim Hammond, to appear in the Silver Age, and is the bridge between the two ages. Tossing Cap Ice Cube into ocean. Marvels first mutant. So many ways.

That Man Thing story was fantastic and a great foundation for some magical and mythological stories -- and would tie into what Jason Latour pointed out about Namor representing the Earth. A missed opportunity for sure.

T'challa and Namor should be strong allies, both come from a country that has shunned outsiders and relied on themselves, they have more in common and if it wasn't for AvX events then they could have been, but I feel the same about Namor being used and abused as a villain in BP books all the time to the point where these days if anyone hears his name the first thing that pops up is; Namor is Black Panther's greatest enemy. I feel he isn't because that would mean that T'challa and him had history together before their falling out and honestly they never really had anything more than a team up here or there. Also I am not as well read in BP lore but I am sure he has enemies who are far more personal and more of his great enemy than Namor was.
    T'challa and Namor have never gotten along, and Namor is almost never written in a good light when they are together. Mostly, IMO, because those were Black Panther stories. I can't think of a single Namor book with Black Panther in the story. And yes, I agree with the bolded. That's how it is now. Which it shouldn't be, cause you'd think, with 50 years of existence, BP would have his own unique major adversary. Of course, it could be like Namor. They keep KILLING off his cast and rogues.

I'm doing my best not to talk about it or I probably wont stop.

I read it.

I'm going to let everyone else share.

And I'm going to do my best not to look at that soap box taunting me.
    I only saw that one panel, and still haven't read the previous issue, so I'm probably not entirely well informed. But what I saw is EXACTLY what we've been talking about concerning Atlantis, cannon fodder, and jobbery.

A bit busy now, but will try to pick up my comics after work and figure out what is supposed to be going on.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

So. Very. Annoying.

I would pay so much for a whole event that is just Namor taking out the S.S. and reestablishing Atlantis as a super power, being taken seriously etc.
    I try not to throw shade/hate on other characters but I have a few that I wouldn't mind never seeing again and S.S. makes the top of the list.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

So. Very. Annoying.

Seriously?

I decided to get Avengers out of my pull-list after #700 because it was not really satisfying. And trade wait could be a clever move... So I didn't get the last issue.... Let's say that it's really disappointing... for too many reasons to spend time talking about it...
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Haha, these new ads Marvel released are inspiring some others, not sure if this was Marvel or a fan but I think it belongs here.

toot horn parody.jpg

Zdarsky just posted this preview of Invaders:

invaders2019namor1.jpg

Zdarsky just posted this preview of Invaders:

invaders2019namor1.jpg
    Interesting... Beautiful and intriguing page....
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !