Page 508 of 631 FirstFirst ... 8408458498504505506507508509510511512518558608 ... LastLast
Results 7,606 to 7,620 of 9460
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Thank you, Rev, so far so good, just some mild rain.
    Glad to hear it, Thor-El! I know some places got hit hard.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by david m buisan
    Some people ask me about the wings tattooed on my ankles: they're because of Namor, the first known comic book antihero.
    https://www.instagram.com/davidmbuisan/

I wish I could find a pic of the artist's ankle wings tattoos! Also like how he did the reflection.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I picked up SS today, and Warrior Woman, or whatever her name is, planned to time travel to the initial fight in SS #1 before Namor, and presumably Atlantis, are killed. Of course the plan goes south, so, there is a possibility that Namor's resurrection won't be rewriting the timeline and basically negating the previous 10 issues of SS.

I really wish I had just waited until Namor showed up, because I've never read a book before where I just want all the characters to just shut up and die in the most horrible fashion possible.

Oh Jim Hammond shows up and takes out Thundra and Spidey takes out Blur, both with techniques that the Atlanteans could have easily thrown together / have used before. Just so annoying.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I picked up SS today, and Warrior Woman, or whatever her name is, planned to time travel to the initial fight in SS #1 before Namor, and presumably Atlantis, are killed. Of course the plan goes south, so, there is a possibility that Namor's resurrection won't be rewriting the timeline and basically negating the previous 10 issues of SS.

I really wish I had just waited until Namor showed up, because I've never read a book before where I just want all the characters to just shut up and die in the most horrible fashion possible.

Oh Jim Hammond shows up and takes out Thundra and Spidey takes out Blur, both with techniques that the Atlanteans could have easily thrown together / have used before. Just so annoying.
    Thanks for the info Rev. Was there any appearance of Subby in flashback or present day in this issue?
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

three issues in and we're still finding namor
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

BANNED

Maybe through the end, still disagree with killing namor (disagree is an understatement), he may be a big jerk but he's marvel big jerk that gets stuff done. If anyone those idiots at SS should've gone for black bolt and Dusa, or for Dr strange

Well... I was quite disappointed too... But I really enjoyed issue #9 IIRC. The Art Nouveau double splash page. And, as Chief Jon I think, I really like that evil Power Princess/Warrior Woman. At least the cover for the next issue is gorgeous !

Anyway I always read all your posts, my dear Atlantean friends ! And I still think about you all ! Let's hope that Jon is right and that the return of the avenging son will be clever and glorious !

(I have to add a special word for Mantis Girl 94... Maybe she's still lurking without posting. I just hope that everything is fine for her.)

SS needs to hurry up and revive Namor. Feels like we've been talking about it forever.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    SS needs to hurry up and revive Namor. Feels like we've been talking about it forever.
    I've been talking about it since SS #1!

Also, thanks for the shout-out Abe. I'm on clinical rotations for Vet School right now and I've been hard-pressed to find the time to be as active around here as I'd like. My LCS didn't get their copies of Squadron Supreme last week (MAJOR UPS screw-up in delivery), so I'll have to wait until later this week to chime in with my thoughts. It's been nice to catch up on the goings on and image-sharing here.
    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

So Marvel.com had an article about Namor! Shocking, I know.

Needless to say, it's a pretty unflattering article, a list on why Namor should NOT be revived. It lacks a lot of context imo, and almost seems bias in some parts. Odd of Marvel to even pay attention to Namor, even odder for them to go out of their way to slander him too.

Here it is:

Currently, Namor lies dead, headless. Blame, or thank, Hyperion for it. Warrior Woman, however, refuses to take “headless” as an un-reversible reality so in SQUADRON SUPREME #12, coming October 5, she sets about resurrecting the half-Atlantean, half-man, all-attitude Sub-Mariner.

Namor has been a hero for years so perhaps you can sympathize with her goals. We, however, like to take a longer view of things. In that spirit, allow us to present a counter argument; allow us to remind you not of Namor the hero, but of Namor the super villain.

He Does Not Respect Monogamy

This may be a comparatively minor crime compared to the others listed below but it still feels worth of note. Namor cannot stop scamming on Sue Storm. She has been married for years and yet, every now and then, there’s the Sub-Mariner just checking to make sure if she really really really wants to stay married to Mr. Fantastic.

He's Not Good with Commitment

In time, Namor falls in love with Marrina and the two marry. Things seem blissful but only for a very short time. Then, triggered by her pregnancy, Marrina turned into a beast known as the Leviathan. Namor, in the end, slayed her rather than capture her and seek other options.

He Keeps Trying to Wreck NYC

Forever a black and white thinker, Namor cannot help but interpret every wrong done by a surface dweller as a wrong done by all the surface dwellers. Unfortunately, his coping skills toolbox remains remarkably small and boasts really only one move that he consistently tries. Be it by Giganto the monstrous whale or tremendous tidal wave, Namor always goes immediately to decimate the Big Apple.

He Hosted the Phoenix Poorly

After bonding with a fifth of the Phoenix Force, the Submariner becomes warped by it immediately and ends up back at his favorite activity: destroying real estate. This time, however, he goes for a whole country, flooding Wakanda. The results: thousands dead and the typically isolationist country devastated by attack in a way it had never before experienced.

He Associates with Bad Influences

For years Namor reliably hung out with one guy: Latverian dictator and all-around unsavory type Doctor Doom. You might be tempted off to write that off as the actions of a younger more reckless Sub-Mariner, but you would be ignoring Namor’s recent alliance with the Cabal, a group that proudly destroyed other Earths with relatively little moral hesitation.

http://marvel.com/cards/386/namor_when_hes_nasty/all
    Last edited by Of Atlantis; 09-15-2016 at 12:52 PM.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

I feel like most of what is wrong with Namor is the poor portrayal of him in recent years. He was far cooler in the 70s, 80s and 90s. I miss John Byrne's Namor.

Upcoming Reading:

great cover. though i hope they aren't bringing back Namor and killing off Jim Hammond in return. the wording of that solicit makes me nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    great cover. though i hope they aren't bringing back Namor and killing off Jim Hammond in return. the wording of that solicit makes me nervous.
    Me too... I sweat Jim's been "killed" more times than Jean Grey.

Upcoming Reading:

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    That's a beautiful cover.