Page 57 of 631 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157557 ... LastLast
    BANNED

The preview for All New Invaders 8 is up! and I believe the phrase is, "oh, my!"

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=22653

Are those blue boxes actually from Namor's POV??? Can I start the happy dance?

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Are those blue boxes actually from Namor's POV??? Can I start the happy dance?
    Sufferin' Shad! It's been SOOOOOOOO LONG!!!! Can you start dancing my friend?

GOB Dance.jpg

Looking forward to next Invaders. Been a while since Namor last appeared in it although the art doesn't look quite as polished.

Feige had interview on IGN and they asked him about the Namor movie near the end and he somewhat clarifies the rights issue. http://http://www.ign.com/articles/2...he-sub-mariner

Quote Originally Posted by IGN
    Finally, there were rumours circulating awhile back that Universal and Legendary Pictures were developing a Sub-Mariner movie, but there was also some confusion about who holds the rights to the character. So could Legendary make that movie at this point?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Feige
    No.
    Quote Originally Posted by IGN
    So if a film were to happen it would be you guys making it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Feige
    Yes, but it’s slightly more complicated than that. Let’s put it this way – there are entanglements that make it less easy. There are older contracts that still involve other parties that mean we need to work things out before we move forward on it. As opposed to an Iron Man or any of the Avengers or any of the other Marvel characters where we could just put them in.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Looking forward to next Invaders. Been a while since Namor last appeared in it although the art doesn't look quite as polished.

Feige had interview on IGN and they asked him about the Namor movie near the end and he somewhat clarifies the rights issue. http://http://www.ign.com/articles/2...he-sub-mariner

Great find, Mahes! I'm glad that's been cleared up, even if it doesn't sound good for the chances of getting a Namor movie anytime soon. But on the plus side, at least now we unequivocally know who to bug about doing a Namor movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    Sufferin' Shad! It's been SOOOOOOOO LONG!!!! Can you start dancing my friend?

GOB Dance.jpg
    LOL! Indeed!

I really can't remember the last time ... no wait, Gillen in AvX did a scene from Namor's pov. I think that was the last time. I'll have to dig it out, as it was great.

But back to this preview. Besides the obvious of Namor kicking butt, I loved seeing Jim and Namor fighting together, again. And also enjoyed how Jim and Namor both take the time to notice the other having fun in the middle of the battle. I also think it's great that Namor must have jumped in front of Jim to take the brunt of the Deathlok's shot. And he looks adorable laying down on the job, calling Bucky on his faulty info. LOL!

Oh, and that one panel of Namor using a robot like a club makes me think that's one of Namor's favorite fighting things, as he used Ares and Luke Cage as clubs also.

LOL! Indeed!

I really can't remember the last time ... no wait, Gillen in AvX did a scene from Namor's pov. I think that was the last time. I'll have to dig it out, as it was great.

But back to this preview. Besides the obvious of Namor kicking butt, I loved seeing Jim and Namor fighting together, again. And also enjoyed how Jim and Namor both take the time to notice the other having fun in the middle of the battle. I also think it's great that Namor must have jumped in front of Jim to take the brunt of the Deathlok's shot. And he looks adorable laying down on the job, calling Bucky on his faulty info. LOL!

Oh, and that one panel of Namor using a robot like a club makes me think that's one of Namor's favorite fighting things, as he used Ares and Luke Cage as clubs also.
    Y'know I really need to catch up on my Gillen run of UXM. I didn't buy it when it started because my financial situation was terrifying at the time (I was literally only buying Wolverine & the X-Men and Usagi Yojimbo when it started), but now that I'm up on such great Gillen yarns as Journey Into Mystery starring Kid Loki and Young Avengers . . . starring Kid Loki I want to make up for lost time and lost Namor.

Great find, Mahes! I'm glad that's been cleared up, even if it doesn't sound good for the chances of getting a Namor movie anytime soon. But on the plus side, at least now we unequivocally know who to bug about doing a Namor movie.
    The really good news is that while there are some hang ups it leaves the possibility of an Invaders movie (or at least some flash backs) open since Marvel does own all those characters AND if/when a Namor movie does get made they can do the Hammond/Namor fight I want to see.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Great find indeed. And inspiration for one of the two articles I'm now working on! Thanks for giving me the lead a few days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    The really good news is that while there are some hang ups it leaves the possibility of an Invaders movie (or at least some flash backs) open since Marvel does own all those characters AND if/when a Namor movie does get made they can do the Hammond/Namor fight I want to see.
    Now if only this could be Marvel Phase 4 or 5. They've no doubt got Phase 3 decided.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    Great find indeed. And inspiration for one of the two articles I'm now working on! Thanks for giving me the lead a few days ago.
    No problem. It's the best answer we've had about movie rights for Namor in a while.

New Invaders interview is out/up. More great Namor art and a teaser that we might find out what role Namor played at the Nuremberg trials.

Link: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=54227

ANINVADERS2014009004scol-70c07.jpg
    Last edited by Danvidar; 07-22-2014 at 11:21 AM.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

The teaser about the Nuremberg trials has me all shades of curious.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    Me too. Perhaps it has to do with bringing in war criminals or perhaps Atlanteans were tortured by the Nazis?

Me too. Perhaps it has to do with bringing in war criminals or perhaps Atlanteans were tortured by the Nazis?
    The Thule society used Atlantean flesh to be the cover/binding of a particular book as shown in Fear Itself: Book of the Skull

FI-BotS01-016.jpg

Ah! Forgot about that. Robinson could use that plot point easily then.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Danvidar View Post
    New Invaders interview is out/up. More great Namor art and a teaser that we might find out what role Namor played at the Nuremberg trials.

Link: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=54227

ANINVADERS2014009004scol-70c07.jpg
    Thank you, Danvidar, for posting the news and that great spread! Looks awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    Me three. There's some great potential there, if Robinson does it from Namor's pov. And what Danvidar said below. Plenty of Nazi atrocities against the Atlanteans.

Quote Originally Posted by Danvidar View Post
    The Thule society used Atlantean flesh to be the cover/binding of a particular book as shown in Fear Itself: Book of the Skull

FI-BotS01-016.jpg
    Yet another dropped story line, that had interesting potential. I foolishly thought we were going to have some connection between the Atlaneans and the Norse, and that Namor was going to have a major role in Fear Itself, after Book of the Skull. Of course, that didn't happen. We never learn what makes the Atlanteans special, if they are magical, or if they have a role in Cul being sealed away in the depths of the ocean.

Ah, well, it was a good one shot, with lovely Scot Eaton art and Brubaker words.

Oh, and let's not forget, there was also the depth charge bombing to capture Atlanteans for experimental purposes, that was in The Marvels Project. I wonder if U-Man was at Nurenburg? Seems like the Atlanteans would have taken care of their own monster, though.