Page 631 of 631 FirstFirst ... 131531581621627628629630631
Results 9,451 to 9,460 of 9460
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I am always frustrated with Marvel and how they treat Namor, I even said to my friend I hope Aquaman makes a lot of money just to show Marvel how wrong they were for ignoring Namor for so long, lol!

But then seeing how they used some elements of Namor's character/story for the movie I was very upset since I feel if Namor was ever to come into the movies then Marvel would go out of their way to change things about him. Still like you said; I also hope that writers of Marvel who see this movie will be inspired to make more stuff for Namor.

And SWEET NEPTUNE! Those are beautiful! I love love love these ocean based designs! They are so gorgeous! I have never seen anything like that jellyfish dress!
    They are gorgeous. That's what we should be seeing in a Namor book, along with the scaly speedo!

I understand exactly how you feel about the Aquaman movie. But I'm looking for the silver lining, and hoping Namor gets SOME benefit from the movie. And at least I found it inspiring.

Once I get on twitter, I'm going to tweet Aquaman's weekly boxoffice take to Kevin Feige and Marvel, EVERY week. Maybe every day. "This could have been your take on a NAMOR movie. ;p
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I too would agree. In fact, although I'm not familiar with either actor very well, Wilson as Arthur would have made sense, to me. Leaving Jason for the hopeful, eventual Namor. For some reason I'm not a big or great fan of Jason. Okay, I guess. Namor would need a certain sense of seriousness and less grinning.
    I think part of that was in the script ... though Momoa seems to be a big goof too. But we know he can do deadly serious, from Game of Thrones. He certainly LOOKS more like Namor (the 90s version) than he does Aquaman. Or if he shaves and slicks back his hair.

And I often wondered if this cover ...

wasn't inspired by this image:

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    When asked if there were any other Marvel characters she'd like to write, Gail Simone replied.

https://twitter.com/GailSimone/statu...50537171968001

My bold. I've got to get a twitter account so I can beg ... errrr respond to such wonderful posts.

I bet a Gail Simone Namor would be AWESOME.
    I just replied to this, begging them to write a Namor solo, lol. I hope Marvel sees there are Namor fans out there just waiting for more.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Maybe I'm giving them way to much credit, but I didn't see much of Namor in Orm. Nor in Arthur. Rather it seemed to me to be a set up for a Thor (Arthur) /Loki (Orm) relationship, just with Atlana as Odin, but kinder than him. I get the feeling that they are setting up for Orm to end up helping against Black Manta.

As for Namor, oddly, Maybe Steven Yuen for the part. Namor is different than Orm, even in the movie. You can play up his,Namor's empathic side along with his anger. Maybe have someone steal something from Atlantis and him and Dorma go to find it. Hell, if you really want push the love triangle with Betty Dean and Dorma in some way.

You can still do a solo movie as Aquaman was more a Thor character and Namor I would say is more a mix of Superman meets a more serious batman if we have to use Movie analogies.

Putting Namor in as a quasi villain will not help, make him stand on his own two winged feet and dig into that Mythology about the gods and their connection to Namor.

I hope the box office for Aquaman inspires Marvel to get more aggressive in reclaiming the SubMariner's film rights. Or will this inspire the "other" parties who have some legal claim to dig in their heels even more, speculating on a huge cash-in? We'll see, alas..

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Maybe I'm giving them way to much credit, but I didn't see much of Namor in Orm. Nor in Arthur. Rather it seemed to me to be a set up for a Thor (Arthur) /Loki (Orm) relationship, just with Atlana as Odin, but kinder than him. I get the feeling that they are setting up for Orm to end up helping against Black Manta.

As for Namor, oddly, Maybe Steven Yuen for the part. Namor is different than Orm, even in the movie. You can play up his,Namor's empathic side along with his anger. Maybe have someone steal something from Atlantis and him and Dorma go to find it. Hell, if you really want push the love triangle with Betty Dean and Dorma in some way.

You can still do a solo movie as Aquaman was more a Thor character and Namor I would say is more a mix of Superman meets a more serious batman if we have to use Movie analogies.

Putting Namor in as a quasi villain will not help, make him stand on his own two winged feet and dig into that Mythology about the gods and their connection to Namor.
    Maybe that's part of my reluctance to see Namor appear in another character's / team's movie first. Sure, it gets him a larger introduction, but Guardians didn't need that. Nor Ant Man and Doctor Strange. On the negative, though, would he get a fair shake? Enough time to portray his POV? I doubt it.

I'm hoping there is a way to do a Namor solo movie that is different enough from the Aquaman movie, but I think the deck is stacked, right now. It's going to take someone with a alot of imagination and knowledge about Namor. And a GREAT cast. I think that was the big failing of the Aquaman movie. Except for Orm / Patrick Wilson and maybe Temura I wasn't that impressed with the cast in their parts. Hmmmm. This makes me wonder about other things on an MCU Namor movie. Fodder for another post.

I've seen that comparison elsewhere, but I don't really get the Thor analogy. Thor is NOT an outsider. He's a beloved prince, raised in his lands, that needed a lesson in humility. Aquaman is an outsider, both in upbringing and, more importantly, in his biracial status. Loki and Thor have history, their conflict is sibling rivalry. Orm hasn't spent a minute with Aquaman. Their rivalry is about different world views / rulers.

What I saw of Namor in Orm was the fact that both were raised in Atlantis. Both put Atlantis first. Both of them had an environmental argument against the surface world, though I wonder if Orm really cares about that or if he was just using it an excuse to go for the Ocean Master title. And both were overly proud and looked like rulers. So, mostly superficial, except for the environmental stance.

Steven Yuen would have to gain A LOT of muscle and mass and attitude to play Namor.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I hope the box office for Aquaman inspires Marvel to get more aggressive in reclaiming the SubMariner's film rights. Or will this inspire the "other" parties who have some legal claim to dig in their heels even more, speculating on a huge cash-in? We'll see, alas..
    I'm hoping for the former, but I hadn't thought about the latter at all. Great point! Maybe a Universal Namor movie would be a better thing all around for the character.

Mighty Member

I think you got a good angle in there Reviresco. I think with the importance of diversity right now and Kevin Feige saying it will play a big part in the future in the MCU Namor is a great choice of a character to develop. Just the ramifications of a princess raising a bi-racial kid in a society that values their racial purity has a lot of current and relevant undertones.
    Last edited by Thor-El; 12-31-2018 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    I think you got a good angle in there Reviresco. I think with the importance of diversity right now and Kevin Feige saying it will play a big part in the future in the MCU Namor is a great choice of a character to develop. Just the ramifications of a princess raising a bi-racial kid in a society that values their racial purity has a lot of current and relevant undertones.
    It certainly does. Well, maybe not the princess part, but how about a single mom? Regardless, it is an integral part of Namor's character, IMO.

I was wondering, if they kept Namor raised in Atlantis for the movie, if they would need someone from the surface world to "introduce" people to the underwater world -- so Atlanteans could explain to them, instead of telling each other what they should already know about the culture. With Aquaman, it was Aquaman himself. And in a script I read for a Namor movie, it was Namor, because they had changed him to having been raised on land also. If they did that, I would love to see Betty Dean, either set in the proper period, or updated. They could use the Golden Age origin, instead of the Silver Age origin story.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Happy New Year to everyone!

I hope that we will get lots of great stuff for Namor in 2019!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

It appears we will get a new thread in 2019. O_O

Here it is! See you there!

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...13#post4109113