Page 586 of 631 FirstFirst ... 86486536576582583584585586587588589590596 ... LastLast
Results 8,776 to 8,790 of 9460
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Ah, great panels and proof that this Namor is an impostor! Either that or this story is another writer's misrepresentation of Namor!

Another thing is I have looked at the panels of Stingray's "death" and you would expect those sharks to have torn apart his body but the position of his arm at the end gives the impression as if there is still a complete body, hopefully his armor protected him and he is not dead. I know I'm probably holding on to straws here.
    I'm holding out hope that is true. After all the death wasn't on panel exactly.

Yes, I wish more writers had read these issues.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Thanks. I know I read the full story back in the day. On another post you're holding out hope for Walt's life and I hope you are right too. Marvel and most media will do bait and switch stuff, so it could be that. Maybe Namor is bluffing for the sake of entry to these fiends plans. Almost or sorta like the Illuminati.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Thanks. I know I read the full story back in the day. On another post you're holding out hope for Walt's life and I hope you are right too. Marvel and most media will do bait and switch stuff, so it could be that. Maybe Namor is bluffing for the sake of entry to these fiends plans. Almost or sorta like the Illuminati.
    I love when that happens.

Sadly, since I think there's something wrong with Namor, perhaps a possession like with the Phoenix Force, I'm hoping that Stingray's suit saves him, and he manages to get away in while all that blood clouds the water. Perhaps, it's a shark, that the other sharks are chewing up.

Marvel.com had an article on Stingray after his death.

Stingray's Seven Best Stories.

Not sure I agree with all their choices, but it is nice to see him given some love. I remember that Roxxon story in Marvel Two In One being good, though the details elude me. I would have thought there would have been a Hydrobase story.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I have to admit that while I like Stingray, the story's foundation with the Arliss siblings and Dr. Dorcas, Tiger Shark and of course Diane and Namor's (possible) feelings for each other was a much bigger draw and interesting for me. I always thought Tiger Shark was Namor's definitive villain once he debuted.

But I don't want Walt to die and Diane to be a widow or possibly take up the suit.

I have to admit that while I like Stingray, the story's foundation with the Arliss siblings and Dr. Dorcas, Tiger Shark and of course Diane and Namor's (possible) feelings for each other was a much bigger draw and interesting for me. I always thought Tiger Shark was Namor's definitive villain once he debuted.

But I don't want Walt to die and Diane to be a widow or possibly take up the suit.
    I agree 100%.

I think back in the Namor's 90s book, they were working to make Tiger Shark a major rogue for Namor, but then, over the time without a Namor book to continue that, he ended up being used superficially and literally turned into a bestial thug.

Besides it being out of character for Namor, it is annoying to lose yet more of Namor's underwater cast / relationships. And if they want Diane to become a superhero, then don't follow the cliche, but instead have them BOTH wear a suit. There aren't many superhero couples at Marvel.

Simone Bianchi is doing the new Marvel Masterpiece Trading Card set and there are at least two Namor cards! I really like this one.

This one, not so much. ;p

Of course the thing about classic Namor, that era . . .

was the superb artwork of John Buscema. Probably my overall favorite Namor artist. He draws beautiful faces for women too.

I wanted to like the Squadron in their post Secret War series, but when Namor was killed, I was done. Just seemed so 'superficial' as you say.

I like the first card too. Mysterious, which isn't always a quality that is done right when used for Namor. He is/can/should be mysterious but less is more.

Of course the thing about classic Namor, that era . . .

was the superb artwork of John Buscema. Probably my overall favorite Namor artist. He draws beautiful faces for women too.
    I again have to agree 100%. Big John Buscema is definitely one of my favorite Namor artists. I wish he had stayed longer on Namor's book, but he did come back and give us the classic Sub-Mariner #20.

I wanted to like the Squadron in their post Secret War series, but when Namor was killed, I was done. Just seemed so 'superficial' as you say.

I like the first card too. Mysterious, which isn't always a quality that is done right when used for Namor. He is/can/should be mysterious but less is more.
    I just noticed, on the first card, Bianchi wrote out Namor's name like this:

N ______ AMO ________ R

I wonder if he's trying to tell us he loves Namor too?!

I think there's a lot that could be done with Namor that plays up the myth and mystery of the ocean. I think Sub-Mariner the Depths touched on that, but there just wasn't enough of Namor, even alternate Namor, in that story. And that may have been part of what Stuart Moore was trying to do with Namor's last ongoing. He named the city of vampires R'lyeh, if IIRC. I remember a twitter conversation where some writer was going on about wanting to write a horror / Lovecraftian Namor, and Christian Ward loved the idea and even drew a Namor piece. I'll have to see if I can find that later.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I again have to agree 100%. Big John Buscema is definitely one of my favorite Namor artists. I wish he had stayed longer on Namor's book, but he did come back and give us the classic Sub-Mariner #20.

I just noticed, on the first card, Bianchi wrote out Namor's name like this:

N ______ AMO ________ R

I wonder if he's trying to tell us he loves Namor too?!

I think there's a lot that could be done with Namor that plays up the myth and mystery of the ocean. I think Sub-Mariner the Depths touched on that, but there just wasn't enough of Namor, even alternate Namor, in that story. And that may have been part of what Stuart Moore was trying to do with Namor's last ongoing. He named the city of vampires R'lyeh, if IIRC. I remember a twitter conversation where some writer was going on about wanting to write a horror / Lovecraftian Namor, and Christian Ward loved the idea and even drew a Namor piece. I'll have to see if I can find that later.
    Hey there, Reviresco!

I love that cover too! Just classic!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Hey there, Reviresco!

I love that cover too! Just classic!
    Hi, Phoenixx9!

Yes, John Buscema is amazing. Hard to believe he was doing like THREE books a month at that time. 0_0

I also really liked his brother Sal's work, especially around the era of Avengers # 69, Squadron Sinister, as well.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Besides it being out of character for Namor, it is annoying to lose yet more of Namor's underwater cast / relationships. And if they want Diane to become a superhero, then don't follow the cliche, but instead have them BOTH wear a suit. There aren't many superhero couples at Marvel.
    I agree so much with that. Namor doesn't have a huge roster of characters mainly because they all die, so seeing him lose what little he has left is just tiring. I know Marvel might try to introduce new members but honestly not all of their newer character make it out of whatever issue/series they are in. Like Abira from the Namor the First Mutant series, what happened to her? I would have loved to see more of Atlantean society and schooling and the Logomancer stuff. Anything more than just the war stuff/nameless soldiers they always have around him. The story line of Namor being the conduit of magic for Atlantis was so interesting!

I feel Namor the First Mutant was vastly underrated and really wish we could have another comic that is actually exploring Atlantis. I always want more Atlantis but Marvel seems to think that means more destroyed Atlantis.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I agree so much with that. Namor doesn't have a huge roster of characters mainly because they all die, so seeing him lose what little he has left is just tiring. I know Marvel might try to introduce new members but honestly not all of their newer character make it out of whatever issue/series they are in. Like Abira from the Namor the First Mutant series, what happened to her? I would have loved to see more of Atlantean society and schooling and the Logomancer stuff. Anything more than just the war stuff/nameless soldiers they always have around him. The story line of Namor being the conduit of magic for Atlantis was so interesting!

I feel Namor the First Mutant was vastly underrated and really wish we could have another comic that is actually exploring Atlantis. I always want more Atlantis but Marvel seems to think that means more destroyed Atlantis.
    Agreed.

The story for the past 10 or more years now when Namor shows up is : Atlantis gets destroyed, Someone close to Namor dies or gets injured, and then why should fans care since this thing you gave us last time.

The worst part about it is ...if Marvel really wants to make Namor a bad guy they could at least put more effort in to make him a decent villain. As of right now even those attempts are incredibly poor.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Hi, Phoenixx9!

Yes, John Buscema is amazing. Hard to believe he was doing like THREE books a month at that time. 0_0
    I also really liked his brother Sal's work, especially around the era of Avengers # 69, Squadron Sinister, as well.
    Oh, yes! Those Buscema Brothers had great talent! I love, love, love their work!!!