Page 567 of 631 FirstFirst ... 67467517557563564565566567568569570571577617 ... LastLast
Results 8,491 to 8,505 of 9460
  1. #8491
    Extraordinary Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    5,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Ah Gabe, so nice to see you are still around! Yes this thread needs some life, but nothing like when Reviresco and our dearest departed Mantis Girl were running the show.
    Something you fellow Atlanteans might like: I did some modifications to a Tarzan model and made him into Sub-Mariner. Still needs some work but its coming along. Here's next to the new Thor Ragnarok model I also bougth from Marvel Gallery.


    Thor-El my friend, what a great Sub-Mariner! You did Marvelous work--I never would have known it was "remolded" from another figure!! I love the "wet look" of the upper body. I would not even know how to begin a modification let alone make it look so awesome. Great work and thanks for sharing!

  2. #8492
    Mighty Member Thor-El's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Between Asgard & Krypton
    Posts
    1,680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Thor-El my friend, what a great Sub-Mariner! You did Marvelous work--I never would have known it was "remolded" from another figure!! I love the "wet look" of the upper body. I would not even know how to begin a modification let alone make it look so awesome. Great work and thanks for sharing!
    Thanks Phoenixx9. The wet look was accidental. I used the same paint for the legs that I used for the torso but for some reason they look more matte.

  3. #8493
    Astonishing Member Of Atlantis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    4,213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    I don’t know....I like the idea of Namor being with the X-Men (part-time) I just don’t like some of the ways he has been used. (Namely the attraction to Emma. That “relationship” was out of character for Namor from what we know about him in the past.)

    Namor for the most part had always been an outsider sorta on the frindge and a well written X-team would embody that. If the relationships there were built up he could be a valued member and then lead a X-Team of his own.

    A side note....one of the things I really enjoy about Namor is that his character meshes very well almost anywere in the Marvel.
    I don't mind the relation to the X-Men either, but I'd like to see him in a role that is less a member, and more an ally. I thought his partnership during Utopia was a great way to establish that he was still a powerful, independent character in his own right. I very much liked that he was part of the "decision makers" among Emma, Scott, and Magneto.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymousmc View Post
    Read through the John Bryne Namor run (wasn't a big fan) but the Marvel Masterpieces (near the tale end of volume 1) and so far I'm digging it a lot. I wish Marvel would re-establish Namor properly into the Marvel Universe, so much untapped potential with the Kingdom of Atlantis. I think Marvel should reintroduce fans to Namor like the Hulk with Avengers: No Surrender. They should also utilize his connections with the Hulk, Doctor Strange, Blue Marvel, Silver Surfer and the Fantastic Four instead of shoehorning him into the X-Men. Namor is one of the oldest Marvel characters with a lot of history to delve into, and I think Marvel is missing out on a great opportunity with this character and the Marvel Universe.
    They really are missing out on some great potential I feel. Largely, he's being used sporadically, and his character as well as Atlantis's mythos are only being developed in parts which are left and forgotten once those runs are over. He needs to be established in a centric title or event to solidify his role imo.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

    Upcoming Reading:

    Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

  4. #8494
    Radioactive! Spiderfang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    New York-94
    Posts
    515

    Default

    For anyone who didn't know, Namor recently appeared on an episode of Family Guy.

    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

  5. #8495
    Astonishing Member dzub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,388

    Default

    welp, a new week a new Namor thread.

    apparently Namor was on SNL too, i'd share the link if it was entertaining
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

  6. #8496
    ...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,196

    Default

    I was brought here by the Namor is irresistible thread which of course got me to reminiscing about Imperious Rex here.

    Does anyone remember he could once throw lightning? I used to have his solo series and remember him absorbing and throwing electricity. In fact I remember that for a very long time

    So for the life of me I can't help but feel they don't use that power anymore because he then seems too similar to Black Adam, but thats just seems weird to me.

    Other things....


    Namor use to be much stronger than Aquaman. For a long time in Namor's history was one of the strongest people in the MU. Known to topple the Hulk on multiple occasions. However, the years have not been as kind to him as they have been to Aquaman. While DC continued to try to elevate Aquaman status Marvel has done it's best to continue to stomp on Namor's
    I agree. I did love his resurgence in the Illuminati books, but I feel really sick that he's never been given a "power up" and everyone else has. He's a precise victim of "power creep" in a sense

    and that leads me to the next topic... The xmen.

    I'm really down on him being in the X-books, I mean I'm GLAD he's somewhere, but to me...

    Namor is the king of an "advanced" undsea civilization, ostensibly and I know the surface world is where the camera gets shown obviously.

    Yet, I don't get the feeling that he, nor the way his forces should be get enough due, and him being an X-man feels like such a huge demotion from when his peers were Thanos' Cabal, or the Illuminati.

    The closest thing I got was the Atlantean hybrid/spies that got a little spotlight right after the first registration war.
    and... Atlantis attacks which is decades old like the 80s I think. I mean I guess I could go read the old "The defenders" books too I guess.

    I just feel like he's fallen into too many pitfalls that too many great characters fall into, especially nation rulers, especially non-geniuses today.

    I don't have a pitch or anything but I like him far better on a team full of "peers" i.e. rulers etc. and/or have more supporting cast.

    Lastly... two things
    1. Where is all the Atlantean magic?
    2. Why isn't this guy doing things like going toe - to - toe with big guns? I mean is he strong enough to fight Thor? He's fought the HUlk? Apocalypse when he shows up? The hyperion thing... just made me feel miserable.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

  7. #8497
    Astonishing Member Of Atlantis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    4,213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post

    I agree. I did love his resurgence in the Illuminati books, but I feel really sick that he's never been given a "power up" and everyone else has. He's a precise victim of "power creep" in a sense
    It's unfortunate a lot of writers feel the need to write him a lot less powerful than he used to be to fit their story, but that's just how it goes. He also feels a lot less royal. I want to say almost informal than he used to be too.

    I just recently picked up some old Rampaging Hulk issues (#5 and 6) and they really did have him going toe to toe, and actually beating the Hulk in those issues. Too bad we don't see more of that Namor these days.

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    and that leads me to the next topic... The xmen.

    I'm really down on him being in the X-books, I mean I'm GLAD he's somewhere, but to me...

    Namor is the king of an "advanced" undsea civilization, ostensibly and I know the surface world is where the camera gets shown obviously.

    Yet, I don't get the feeling that he, nor the way his forces should be get enough due, and him being an X-man feels like such a huge demotion from when his peers were Thanos' Cabal, or the Illuminati.
    I agree. He feels a lot more like a member than an ally.

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post

    Lastly... two things
    1. Where is all the Atlantean magic?
    2. Why isn't this guy doing things like going toe - to - toe with big guns? I mean is he strong enough to fight Thor? He's fought the HUlk? Apocalypse when he shows up? The hyperion thing... just made me feel miserable.
    Something like Atlantean magic and mythology would need its own series to explore, and unfortunately I can't see Namor getting one any time soon. The last writer I would've thought that could've written a truly great Namor series would've been Brubaker imo. He had a healthy respect for golden age characters and his Namor was always on point.

    The unfortunate reality is a lot of what happens to Atlantis and Namor happens in other books, and is rarely picked up on from series to series.

    He's a great character to have interactions with other Marvel characters and writers know it, but that does often leave him in a position where he isn't fully explored. Maybe the long history of the character is too intimidating to read up on for most? I'm not sure, but I do hope someone who wants to actually build him up takes the reigns eventually.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfang View Post
    For anyone who didn't know, Namor recently appeared on an episode of Family Guy.

    That was pretty funny. Honestly surprised someone working for Family Guy even knows who Namor is. I don't think it'll catch on quite like Aquaman's did, especially since they still kind of roast poor Aquaman too...

    Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    welp, a new week a new Namor thread.
    Their tears are delicious.

    Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    apparently Namor was on SNL too, i'd share the link if it was entertaining
    Could you DM it to me? No idea about this one. SNL hasn't been good in a long time. I find it coasts on the reputation of its past.

    Apparently, a much different Namor will be making an appearance in Exiles soon!

    Last edited by Of Atlantis; 05-06-2018 at 04:46 PM.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

    Upcoming Reading:

    Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

  8. #8498
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    10,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    Apparently, a much different Namor will be making an appearance in Exiles soon!

    Yikes!!!! Not liking hippie Namor here.

    And I'll go on record again, saying that I'm not fond of how Namor has been treated since his inclusion into the X-Men.

    Honestly, I think it just takes away from his unique-ness.

    I'd rather he be considered a hybrid than a mutant.

  9. #8499
    Astonishing Member dzub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,388

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post


    And I'll go on record again, saying that I'm not fond of how Namor has been treated
    .
    period :P

    Was'nt it the rule of thumb before Hulk is strongest on land, but in water, Namor is?
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

  10. #8500
    Astonishing Member dzub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,388
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

  11. #8501
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    I liked it.

    Shame they left out the "Marvel female charactsrs cannot help but fall in love with me" part.

  12. #8502
    Astonishing Member DragonsChi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    2,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    And the hits keep on coming.

    But you know what this and the other "meh" exposure could motivate the powers that be to finish claiming Namors movie rights. And then follow it up by making him a bad a$$.
    ABC/ Jimmy Kimmel Live is owned by Disney after all. This sudden interest(this like the third show I have seen him parody on this year) in Namor could be them playing the slow game to generate interest in the character. Wouldn't be the first time they used this tactic.
    The Human Rocket Nova Prime Appreciation Thread: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...reciation-2019

    Explain The Appeal ~ Hawkman: http://community.comicbookresources....73#post3725173

    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

  13. #8503
    Astonishing Member dzub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,388

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    And the hits keep on coming.

    But you know what this and the other "meh" exposure could motivate the powers that be to finish claiming Namors movie rights. And then follow it up by making him a bad a$$.
    ABC/ Jimmy Kimmel Live is owned by Disney after all. This sudden interest(this like the third show I have seen him parody on this year) in Namor could be them playing the slow game to generate interest in the character. Wouldn't be the first time they used this tactic.
    yeah it's basically 5 minutes of exaggerated flaws.
    No smoke no fire
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

  14. #8504
    Incredible Member Bunai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Jupiter, PA
    Posts
    885

    Default

    I'm reading through some older Namor comics- and it seems every writer after Everett hated Lady Dorma. What for?
    aka(s). o-bunⓐi-o // ⓓcembⓘrth

    Sorry for any misspellings or grammar mistakes

    Last edited by Crazed T'Challa x Emma x Namor shipper; Yesterday at 00:00 UM.

  15. #8505
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunai View Post
    I'm reading through some older Namor comics- and it seems every writer after Everett hated Lady Dorma. What for?
    They wanted to write about every female character falling in love with Namor. Lady Dorma was an obstacle.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •