Page 23 of 631 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123523 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    I like that plot, but I would like to see some interaction with the surface world, i.e. Betty Dean. And I'd use one of these as the villain.

My favorite Namor villian is Llyra. The woman who took Namor wife, his kingdom, and his father, all because he spurned her... and she wanted Atlantis for herself. And that's not even getting into the Sue imposter and Llyron business.

I'm also real keen on Suma-Ket and Artys Gran -- ancient evil, baby sacrificing, sorcerer royals. But you'd have to be careful not to make them too intriguing. Whoever plays Namor would have to be as awesome as the comic Namor is.

In the David Self script, Krang was the villain, but he was like half monster. He was trying to take over Tha-Korr's kingdom, when Namor showed up. But again, they made Namor like Aquaman, which I didn't care for. Namor should be raised in Atlantis.

Casting .... DIFFICULT.
    Lot of great ideas there for his movie. And if done right could have elements put in play in the first one to seed a potential franchise! Namor's history alone justifies this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    As I've said before Jonathan Rhys-Meyers would be perfect.
    Rhys-Meyers definitely has potential, but apparently he also has some real life problems. He was good in Dracula, but depending on what age they are going with Namor, he may be a bit too old.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Lot of great ideas there for his movie. And if done right could have elements put in play in the first one to seed a potential franchise! Namor's history alone justifies this.
    Oh yeah. They could easily make a TV series for Namor. I would play up the Game of Thrones vibe underwater with Attuma's barbarians, Lllyra in Lemuria, Krang and Byrrah plotting in Atlantis, Dorma playing her own game, the outlying cities / colonies are restless, and threats from the surface world either countries or corporate (like Roxxon) -- while still keeping it about a man who is torn between two opposing worlds.

Spectacular Member

Oh, don't get me started! O_O

The only redeeming thing about it was the jobbery was so blatant (stunned by a piece of pumice???), that it can be countered by tons of scans of Namor NOT being stunned by everything from Thing's rocky fist to bullets to Hulk right cross.

And I don't think it was the thrashing he said it was, but it was total disregard for Namor's abilities in his own environment. Which keeps happening of late, so yeah, it tends to add up as far as people's perceptions of what Namor and his people can do. It's power drift happening right now.

Entirely correct! You knew you were going to get your dime's worth when you saw Namor and either of those two on the cover. Namor was definitely given a lot more respect by writers back then, but then they would have remembered Golden Age Namor, who was one of Timely's big three.

Though, I will have to point out, that Jeff Parker gave Namor a good bout with the Red Hulk in his run, when Namor knocked him right out of the ocean.

As seen here: http://www.comicbookresources.com/as...rv6939_cov.jpg
    Not to mention in the AVX fight, the narration stated that the Thing punches were way harder than Namor's punches (I think they used speeding cars as examples). Sheeeesh.

And as for Namor vs the Red Hulk? Who cares, it's the "red" Hulk...talk about a genius idea...

Spectacular Member

Hey Rheged, I wrote to John, the writer of the Hero Envy blog and he said that he is such a fan of Namor that he lifts to look just like him.

Maybe he should play Namor in the movie? hahaha.

BANNED

Here we go Vitamin. The Schiti trading card. It's a hologram card, so it's was a little pricey.

LOVE THIS!!! Wants! Where can I buy?!?

Alright, here's what I started thinking after I finally finished the Quest for Krang storyline for a Sub-Mariner movie TRILOGY!

The first movie is the obligatory origin story, showing bits and pieces of Fen & Captain McKenzie's forbidden relationship, and short vignettes of Namor as a boy & young man in Atlantis that introduce Byrrah, Meranno, Vashti, Dorma & Krang (The latter two much younger than Namor) teasing their larger roles in the second and third movies. The conflict really blows up in the 40s when the fallout of a Nazi attack on an Allied convoy devastates Tha-Kor's Atlantean capital. Tha-kor finally sees his grandson as an asset rather than a disgrace of Fen's indiscretion and dispatchse Namor to infiltrate and sabatoge the "surface men". Not understanding surface geopolitics Namor is sent to the largest seaside population center, New York City, where he proceeds to challenge mankind. Here he encounters Betty Dean who ultimately helps him to understand the nature of the World War conflict and identifying the Nazi swastika as the same as on the U-Boats that decimated Atlantis he decides to help the Allies (insert bad-@$$ scenes of amphibious landings on D-Day or at Anzio where Namor runs ashore with Allied troops and breaks Nazi war machines and Namor turning the tide of naval battles for the allies . . . maybe there could be an officer by the name of Newell or Arliss or both in one of these scenes). While this is going on we see that Meranno (we don't have a lot of background on him, so he could be associated with the Atlantean military) has been in contact with the Nazis and arranged the battle that destroyed Atlantis in an attempt to weaken Tha-Kor & the royal family's position & establish a military dictatorship that will join the Axis powers. We end with a big battle between Namor & the older, more experienced U-Man that ends with Namor defeating Meranno but being seemingly lost. Meranno is crippled in the battle, marked forever as a traitor and exiled from Atlantis. The film ends with an Amnesiac Namor in the '60s stumbling onto his super strength in New York.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Probert View Post
    Hey Rheged, I wrote to John, the writer of the Hero Envy blog and he said that he is such a fan of Namor that he lifts to look just like him.

Bad-@$$. I wish I had the time & drive (and willinginess to wax) to do that. I guess I'll have to be satisfied with the Imperius Rex tattoo and resembling a tall, bespectacled Wolverine.

Okay, Movie plot numero dos! Namor is relieved of his amnesia somehow. Without either version of the Human Torch around maybe Walt Newell or Diane or Todd Arliss could be somehow involved in this. He returns to Atlantis and becomes engaged in returning the Atlanteans to their homeland. With the help of Newell, Lady Dorma, Vashti & Byrrah he is able to assert leadership from Krang's control. Namor manages to stop a devastating attack of conquest on the surface world by Krang, but he is too late to stop everything and television footage that makes it appear as though Namor made the attacks himself is visible worldwide, making knowledge of Atlantis public among the surface world and setting the US and other world powers into a tense state of affairs with Atlantis. Krang, too is exiled & Namor ascends to the throne with Dorma pledged to wed him. Byrrah is throughout this becomming increasingly resentful of Namor's stature and recognition as a leader. In a post-credits scene we see Krang encounter a mad old man near a distant encampment of Atlantean barbarians. By the end of the post credits scene it is hinted that this is Merano and we catch our first glimpses of Attuma & Lyra.

BANNED

Man, that sounds great, Chief Jon! Uses alot of Namor's comic history, but condenses it nicely, and captures the essence of the character. You should write the script for the movie!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Probert View Post

Wow. I'm impressed. He'd make a much better Namor than Zac Effron! He gets to star in Chief Jon's movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    LOVE THIS!!! Wants! Where can I buy?!?
    I got mine off eBay. But you might find it at cons or comic stores. I'll get the exact info for you.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    As I've said before Jonathan Rhys-Meyers would be perfect.
    Depends if you want someone who can act or someone who looks good in a speedo?

Part Three of my idea for a Namor cinematic trilogy. Titled, Namor: The Avenging Son, this film opens with Namor collapsing in a desert before heading into a flashback. Namor has wed Dorma & things seem to be organized in his court. A peace summit is scheduled, organized by Walt & Dianne Newell with the UN to establish regular diplomatic ties between Atlantis and the nations of the surface world. Namor. As this is going on Dorma is murdered and replaced by Lyra. Krang begins appearing on talking-head "news" programs (real Fox News type stuff) with the support of Dr. Dorcas talking about Atlantis as a rogue state, terrorist state, etc. and revealing information about the collaboration with the Nazi's that Meranno had arranged to condemn Namor along with Namor's own attacks on New York during the 1940s. Krang convinces much of the media and many political leaders that Namor is a despotic tyrant and that he is holding Atlantis back from joining the world of nations. Attacks are then staged by Attuma's barbarians, made up to look like loyal Atlantean soldier that devastates New Orleans, Miami, & Houston. This prompts a response from the US government in alliance with Krang's "Democratic Army for the Liberation of Atlantis" (Actually Attuma & his forces). Among the American-Made super agents created to Dorcas to take down Atlantis are Tigershark, Piranha & Orka. The attack on Atlantis is a swift, devastating shock & awe style assault that leaves Atlantis a wreck. Lyra (as Dorma) condemns Namor publicly and makes more wild claims about him. She asserts leadership of Atlantis with Byrrah as a figurehead, Attuma as her real partner & leader of the military, and Krang more or less brushed aside despite her assurances that he would rule with her. Little is done to rebuild and Byrrah begins to become disillusioned as Attuma's soldiers routinely oppress the Atlantean people & Lyra pillages Atlantean mineral reserves for sale to the surface world while assembling a massive invasion force to conquer coastal territories in the US, China & elsewhere. Walt Newell is forced to go underground and Dianne is arrested as a terrorist by a comission on Atlantean affairs headed by Dorcas.

Namor's body is recovered following his battle with the Invasion force and he is dumped by the US army in the desert of New Mexico and left to die there, knowing the truth of everything that has happened. Here we rejoin the start of the movie. Namor is rescued by the family of an old Navajo man who he saved during World War II and they manage to make contact with Newell. Newell gets Namor up to speed on what has happened, and they hatch a plan to avenge Dorma & Atlantis, save Diane and clear Namor's good name. Newell takes up the Stingray mantle & gets Namor into contact with Commander Andromeda, a leader in Krang's/Attuma's army who truly believed she was fighting for a better Atlantis and has become disillusioned by the way things have actually gone. Byrrah & Krang are becoming disillusioned as well. When Byrrah challenges Lyra's decisions she has Attuma's agents murder him and paints his death as an assassination carried out by a coalition of surface nations keen to destroy Atlantis. Lyra and Attuma launch their attack on the surface only to encounter Namor & Stingray. Dorcas' Deep six or fathom 5 or whatever are there to meet the invaders & apprehend Namor with a US coastal defense force, with the understanding that they will all walk away, while losses to the human defenders will be severe to start a mass war that profits Dorcas, Lyra & Attuma at the expense of the surface world and Atlantis alike. Andromeda turns on Lyra/Attuma and her loyal soldiers join Namor's side turning the battle into a 3 way conflict between the US military, Attuma's horde & Namor's allies. As the battle rages Tiger Shark & Stingray trade blows and it becomes clear that the latter was told that his brother-in-law (Stingray) had killed Diane. When he learns that his sister is alive, Tiger Shark turns on Dorcas and joins the battle for himself, fighting against the rest of his team in a frenzy with an eye to kill Dorcas. Namor and one of the American commanders encounter a mortally wounded Krang who apologizes for what had become of Atlantis and reveals the truth about Lyra, that Dorma did not betray him, and pledges final loyalty to Namor. Most of the US forces and the Atlanteans that were loyal to the crown cease fighting and quickly round up the surviving Fathom Five/Deep Six and Attuma's horde under Namor & Andromeda's direction. Lyra responds by summoning Set. As all this is going on Stingray has pursued Dorcas to his government headquarters where Diane is being held. Dorcas activates his own mutations and after an intense duel in the public streets outside Dorcas' HQ is about to kill Walt. Just in the nick of time Tigershark in a blind rage arrives and eviscerates Dorcas. Meanwhile Set's attack is devastating the joint Atlantean American force. Even Attuma turns to battle Set, only to be killed. Namor ultimately defeats set in single combat in a battle caught on live television & that is all over the internet thanks to the cellphones of bystanders. Namor is almost slain, but awakes to find that Andromeda & the Newell's have helped to negotiate a truce with the US government and that his name has been cleared. As the future looks bright and he mourns Dorma he can't help but notice a young woman who bears a resemblance to Betty Dean.

BANNED

Holy cow, Chief Jon! That's not a Namor III, it's Namor Season Three! That is a TON of great stuff. Well done!

Though I'm sad that Namor loses Lady Dorma, again.

Holy cow, Chief Jon! That's not a Namor III, it's Namor Season Three! That is a TON of great stuff. Well done!

Though I'm sad that Namor loses Lady Dorma, again.
    I knew that would get you. Dorma has grown on me a ton as I've gotten to know the character reading the essential collection. And I realize this ending TOTALLY leaves the story open for yet another sequel though how you top Namor leading a joint Atlantean-American force against the legions of Set I don't know. Actually, the more I think about it the more I think it would be good to allude to Set all the way through all the movies.

BANNED

I was reading some of the comments on the Namor Movie Rumor, and someone brought up the Vin Diesel comments from a ScreenRant article a few months back.

http://screenrant.com/vin-diesel-new...hise-inhumans/

Quote Originally Posted by Vin Diesel
    What we were initially talking about was a fresh IP and that was the focus of our conversation, which was a fresh IP that would come out in 2016 or 2017, and potentially launch the third phase. And when we went to Comic-Con we realized that people wanted something a little more immediate…”

“I had heard over the last year people on the social media page saying ‘what’s up Vin? Why aren’t you going to Marvel? Why aren’t you doing anything with Marvel? It would be a crime of cinematic history for you not to be.’ So I’m thinking this Marvel thing is becoming really, really important to these people. Okay, what can I do? What should I think?

I get the call, I go down to meet with Marvel – a great meeting. I mean it was just… it was even talking about something so big I can’t even talk about because it’s like a merging of brands in a way which I won’t get into, but that was way, way, way, way down the road.”
    ScreenRant then tries to guess what new IP and brand merging Vin might be talking about and actually proposes a Namor movie (as the unrealistic possibility) and the Inhumans (as the realistic possibility).

This isn't the first time Vin Diesel has been mentioned for a Namor movie. Back in 2009 in an interview with MTV he revealed he'd spoken to the attached director of Universal's Subby movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin Diesel
    "I would be more apt to play a villain," Diesel revealed to MTV News. "[I'd like to play] the protagonist of a story that is also like a Marvel villain -- like Doctor Doom or something."

In light of the newly announced plans for a "Fantastic Four" reboot, Diesel could get his chance to portray the Latverian dictator soon enough. But there are other characters in the comic book pantheon that the action star would be interested in pursuing, including one seaworthy superhero in specific.

"I have some superhero favorites," Diesel admitted. "I talked to ['The Surrogates' director] Jonathan Mostow about 'Sub-Mariner,' which could be interesting because of its World War II-New York connection."
    http://splashpage.mtv.com/2009/04/02...mariner-movie/

Also, IIRC, Vin has a relationship with Universal.

Personally, I don't see Vic as Namor. But I think he'd make a terrific Attuma or Tiger Shark.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    I knew that would get you. Dorma has grown on me a ton as I've gotten to know the character reading the essential collection. And I realize this ending TOTALLY leaves the story open for yet another sequel though how you top Namor leading a joint Atlantean-American force against the legions of Set I don't know. Actually, the more I think about it the more I think it would be good to allude to Set all the way through all the movies.
    Dorma is great in those early Namor stories -- like a cross between Grace Kelley, Barbara Stanwyck and Sophia Loren. No one crosses Lady Dorma, and especially not Namor. LOL!

That's a great idea. Set could be the one behind the scenes, the master puppeteer. Merrano could be a secret Set worshipper and maybe he and Nazis are looking for the Helmet of Power (i.e. The Serpent Crown). Oh, and one thing I liked that Roy Thomas added in Saga of the Sub-Mariner, was that he made Krang the leader of the Atlantean commandos who 'rescued' Princess Fen from the Oracle and 'killed' Leonard MacKenzie. In your story, it could be Merrano, who might have had a crush / designs on Fen himself.