Page 598 of 631 FirstFirst ... 98498548588594595596597598599600601602608 ... LastLast
Results 8,956 to 8,970 of 9460
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Those mid '60s Marvel cartoons [Cap-Hulk-Iron Man-Thor-Namor]. I watched and liked them all to varying degrees, but I liked the Namor one best.
    Thor's was pretty good too but I agree Namor's was the best!

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Wow, love this art, I'm glad Namor is being used as a foreground character again finally.
    Me too! One reason why I'm looking forward to the Invaders comic. The Namor story is FIRST.

I'm very curious about what is going on here. Silver Namor on a surfboard? Intriguing. Maybe it is a new power of the Silver Surfer?

Now if I could only find out some information about the Marvel Presents story. I still think Greg Pak is the writer, but nothing on the artist.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Those mid '60s Marvel cartoons [Cap-Hulk-Iron Man-Thor-Namor]. I watched and liked them all to varying degrees, but I liked the Namor one best.
    Of course. ;p

But I do think Namor's story holds up, because it is follows the universal plot of the Hero's Quest.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

All of them were classic, period. My biggest concern was figuring out the lyrics to the short theme songs. They had a sense of their own grandeur, like they believed in themselves. Thor would be near Namor or a tie even.

I probably didn't care for the Hulk as much as the others - he would be last place. Cap is an easy 3rd place.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

I agree, I love those old cartoons but Namor's was the best imo. If we ever could get anything for Namor, a new cartoon with the older storylines would be amazing.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Me too! One reason why I'm looking forward to the Invaders comic. The Namor story is FIRST.

I'm very curious about what is going on here. Silver Namor on a surfboard? Intriguing. Maybe it is a new power of the Silver Surfer?

Now if I could only find out some information about the Marvel Presents story. I still think Greg Pak is the writer, but nothing on the artist.
    Thanks for the link! I'm so hyped for Namor being a major focus this time around!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Thanks for the link! I'm so hyped for Namor being a major focus this time around!!!
    Keeping my fingers crossed that Zdarsky comes through. He sounded pretty excited about doing this, but now it has been announced he is doing Daredevil with Marco Checcetto. Obviously, Marvel considers that a higher priority, and TBH, it's a bigger thing for both writer and artist. Though, actually, it's a team I would have loved to see on a Namor book. Sorry, Thor-El, I know Checcetto's Namor is a bit on the skinny side.)

I am pretty happy with the pencils we've seen from Carlo Magno. I loved his Lantern City -- very detailed.

Looking for info on the new Marvel Presents I found this article at Bleeding Cool.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/10...ollution-1989/

A favorite Namor story, with pencils by Jim Lee!

Namor in the oil spill with the baby flamingo, who he of course saves. That last page just grabs you.

Mighty Member

Sorry, Thor-El, I know Checcetto's Namor is a bit on the skinny side.)
    LOL, dont't worry Rev, I understand many women like that young Johnny Depp angst type but yes Checcetto not penciling Namor is a good thing in my book.

Looking for info on the new Marvel Presents I found this article at Bleeding Cool.

Namor in the oil spill with the baby flamingo, who he of course saves. That last page just grabs you.
    This is so great!

I need to purchase that issue. Definitively. I remember when I first heard about it... here of course!

I'm mostly lurking nowadays, but I'm really happy to see that thread so alive and kicking, my friends!
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

This is one of my all time favorite Namor comics! I loved how it was totally silent and you just got a whole story out of the art, Namor going from being happy and carefree then it just twists in like one or two panels from a light hearted romp to horror at what damage had been brought to nature. I wish Marvel would make Namor a champion against pollution again with more than just, 'pollution is killing atlantis' throw away lines here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    This is so great!

I need to purchase that issue. Definitively. I remember when I first heard about it... here of course!

I'm mostly lurking nowadays, but I'm really happy to see that thread so alive and kicking, my friends!
    I tend to lurk in most threads also. But always happy to see you, Abe!

That Marvel Presents is a very short, but very powerful story. Plus, one of the earlier comics by Jim Lee. I'm pretty sure it's been posted in full somewhere. Maybe here.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    This is one of my all time favorite Namor comics! I loved how it was totally silent and you just got a whole story out of the art, Namor going from being happy and carefree then it just twists in like one or two panels from a light hearted romp to horror at what damage had been brought to nature. I wish Marvel would make Namor a champion against pollution again with more than just, 'pollution is killing atlantis' throw away lines here and there.
    It is one of my favorites also. So rare to see to see Namor just happy and enjoying himself -- and then the twist. It just grabs you.

With climate change, melting ice packs, and natural disasters, it would be timely for Namor as the eco-warrior (there's another first for you, I bet). But I'm not sure how Marvel could make that into a story / book -- or at least a sufficiently selling one. Writing that makes me think there might have been a few Namor stories where villains were trying to melt the ice packs -- and said melting was actually seen as a bad thing.

One thing about the environmental aspect is that with the Atlantean tech and magic, it seems that there would be working solutions to many problems. Just like big brains like Reed Richards and Tony Stark should be able to solve or mitigate many of the environmental (as well as other types of) problems. I think that's one reason why Marvel stories don't address such real life problems.

Though, arguably, Aaron IS returning Namor to his Eco-warrior role, with Defenders of the Deep -- except, I think there's something bad behind this.

Speaking of Jim Lee and Namor, I found an image I have never seen before. Looks like a commission / thank you note to a comic store, and it is very early (1996) -- maybe before he even got into comics.

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallery...sp?piece=56732
    Last edited by Reviresco; 11-19-2018 at 08:40 PM.

There was a recent article on CBR counting up all the characters that Stan Lee co-created. This is what it said about his Namor stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Webber @CBR
    Stan Lee and Jack Kirby revived Namor in Fantastic Four, and the Sub-Mariner starred in 31 issues of Tales to Astonish. Lee wrote 22 of those issues and co-created roughly 10 new characters with Kirby, Gene Colan and Marie Severin.
    https://www.cbr.com/stan-lee-marvel-...s/2/?view=list

So, I'm wondering, what 10 characters is this writer counting? Off the top of my head, I can only come with four.

1. Attuma
    2. Vashti
    3. Lord Seth
    4. Warlord Krang

The solicit for Invaders #2

INVADERS #2
    CHIP ZDARSKY (W) • CARLOS MAGNO (A/C)
    Cover by BUTCH GUICE
    After the SHOCKING reveals about NAMOR last issue, THE HUMAN TORCH goes deeper into the Sub-Mariner’s PAST, hoping to uncover his plan. But CAPTAIN AMERICA goes the direct route: TO ATLANTIS. Alone against THE MAD KING and his ARMIES in the exciting second chapter of WAR GHOSTS: THE AMERICAN AMBASSADOR!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Are those Namor's hands? I don't know ...

Not too thrilled about 'the mad king' business.

The only other Namor appearances are reprints. I'm surprised, but they are reprinting SUB-MARINER THE DEPTHS in paperback. Plus they are releasing MARVELS in _floppy_ but annotated, whatever that means. Also Torch fans, it looks like there is a new Torch cover and it will be released as a poster also.

https://www.newsarama.com/42800-marv...e=notification
    Last edited by Reviresco; 11-23-2018 at 11:10 AM.