Page 103 of 631 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203603 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 9460
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    Holy smoke! that Samnee headshot is great! Very evocative of Everett's sleek Namor. I am wholly unfamiliar with Joe Carmagna, but if he's keen on Namor I'd be interested to know what his pitch would be.
    Happy Holidays, Chief Jon! Good to see you escape from the vet school.

Samnee does have a more clean comic style, and yes, now that you mention it, that sketch is more like Everett. IIRC, he did draw Namor in The Mighty Thor, in even more comic style. His Namor was very slender then.

Joe Carmagna is what in the old days would have been called a staffer at Marvel. He's done just about everything at Marvel, from penciling to editing. I think he's mainly known as a letterer, but now he's doing a lot of writing for the all ages / cartoon tie-ins. According to Comic Book Database, he has written one Namor story, that I know of. The King and Queen of Utopia from Nation X. I'll have to dig that story out.

And yes, I agree. I'd love to hear his pitch.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 12-18-2014 at 12:03 PM.

I posted this in the Namor Advent Calendar thread, and dzub's response.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Another team Prince Namor joined and did a holiday picture.

The Defenders!

[/CENTER]
    Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    i love how he's having a ride on the silver surfboard
    did namor have any interaction with howarD?

It reminded of some of my favorite images of Namor having a good time -- surfing. Unlike most surfers, however, Namor doesn't use a board, he uses a predator!

by Jesse Lonergan
    http://jesselonergan.blogspot.co.uk/

by Cat Staggs

by Cat Staggs
    Oh that is bad@$$. Heads-up folks, I'm working on a new column for Marvel-616 politics focusing on Superheroic physiology and I definitely have an article in the works that will explain AT LEAST Namor's ability to breathe underwater and on land, and may by extension explain his other powers too. I don't want to over promise, I don't even know if anybody will like this new series of articles, but it's coming. You've been warned my fellow atlanteans.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    Oh that is bad@$$. Heads-up folks, I'm working on a new column for Marvel-616 politics focusing on Superheroic physiology and I definitely have an article in the works that will explain AT LEAST Namor's ability to breathe underwater and on land, and may by extension explain his other powers too. I don't want to over promise, I don't even know if anybody will like this new series of articles, but it's coming. You've been warned my fellow atlanteans.
    Yes, it is. I like both pieces, but I like the realism (and bad@$$ery) of the killer whale surfer board better.

That sounds great! Looking forward to reading it. I enjoyed your conversations on the subject on the old CBR thread. Lots of food for thought. Which reminds me of a pic I saw. Will have to see if I can find it.

This is kind of cool. Mike Zeck used Namor for sample pages in the program book of Omnicon 1976 to show to Marvel and DC!

In 1975/76 Mike Zeck was busy working for Charlton Comics - and more on that in a later post. However Charlton was rapidly going under at the time so Mike was forced to seek work elsewhere. The issue that he had, as he recounted in an 1980s interview, was that he had been doing horror stories for the previous two years, so none of the Marvel or DC editors knew if he was capable of drawing superheroes. Mike had devoted a lot of time, and his considerable talents, to drawing illustrations for James Van Hise's publications, notably amongst them the Batman illo that would be used for the contents page in many an issue of Rocket's Blast Comic Collector. This programme would have been seen by a number of professionals, so to place some sample pages in it would have done both James and Mike a lot of mutual favours.

So, for the first time since God knows when, here's Mike Zeck's Sub-Mariner!

The rest of the story (two more pages) are here:

http://ohdannyboy.blogspot.com/2011/...h-part-ii.html

Finally got an avatar!

I put a few holiday themed Namor avatars on the Advent Calendar thread.

http://community.comicbookresources....l=1#post797779

Bendis posted this on his tumblr ... Are we taking bets on whether or not Namor is even going to get a name drop?

http://brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.com...h-edition-post

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

I want him to claim the pillar for his subjects. Are they still hiding from Vamps and Wandaka?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phoenix View Post
    I want him to claim the pillar for his subjects. Are they still hiding from Vamps and Wandaka?
    I don't recall them ever hiding from the vamps or the Wakandans. Neither are an issue right now, since both have been decimated.

Sadly, we don't know how many Atlanteans are left or where they are at presently, because basically Marvel doesn't care.

I bought the first few issues of Bendis UXM and ANXM expecting some resolution / fall out from the Phoenix 5 stuff for Namor, but gave up when he didn't get mentioned at all by Bendis. Not even Emma! Do you know if that changed? If so, what issues?

I'm torn about Bendis using Namor. Most the time he does a good job, even if the story doesn't make any sense. But there have a been a few times where his Namor was awful.

If Namor is going back to the X-Men, I really want him to have his own storyline, and not just be a third in a triangle.

Bendis posted this on his tumblr ... Are we taking bets on whether or not Namor is even going to get a name drop?

http://brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.com...h-edition-post
    Bendis might polarize fan opinions but i don't find any major faults with his namor tbh (maybe a shade TOO dickish in the illuminati one shot) ..i would'nt mind him writing a namor solo at all
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    Bendis might polarize fan opinions but i don't find any major faults with his namor tbh (maybe a shade TOO dickish in the illuminati one shot) ..i would'nt mind him writing a namor solo at all
    Bendis wrote Namor great in his Avenger tie-in to AvX. IIRC, he was the only one who bothered to show Phoenix Namor as anything other than raging. Of course, then he wrote him completely out of control in AvX 8. And enjoyed his Namor for the most part in his Illuminati mini-series and the Civil War Illuminati story, where he was the only one against shooting Hulk off into space.

But then there was his Illuminati story in New Avengers, where the Hood stole the Infinity Gems. That was just painful. And the less said about his awful Cabal Namor drawn by Maleev, the better.

Of course, the plus of Bendis writing Namor would be it would get Bendis' level sales plus his ability to get the best artists to draw his stories.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

I don't recall them ever hiding from the vamps or the Wakandans. Neither are an issue right now, since both have been decimated.

Sadly, we don't know how many Atlanteans are left or where they are at presently, because basically Marvel doesn't care.

I thought the underwater Vamps were an ongoing issue after curse of the mutants but it's been awhile since I read it.

I bought the first few issues of Bendis UXM and ANXM expecting some resolution / fall out from the Phoenix 5 stuff for Namor, but gave up when he didn't get mentioned at all by Bendis. Not even Emma! Do you know if that changed? If so, what issues?

I'm torn about Bendis using Namor. Most the time he does a good job, even if the story doesn't make any sense. But there have a been a few times where his Namor was awful.

If Namor is going back to the X-Men, I really want him to have his own storyline, and not just be a third in a triangle.

Namor should be the Xteams version of the Hulk that they call in times of great need and depending on who or how they request his help he might say no.

Namor should be the Xteams version of the Hulk that they call in times of great need and depending on who or how they request his help he might say no.
    That's an interesting take. Never thought of that, though, I can see Namor being used that way a little the last time he was on the X-Men.

Cyke wasn't an idiot. He generally got Emma to ask Namor when he wanted something. LOL!

I just was really disappointed that there was zero about Namor in the X-books, after AvX.

Bendis wrote Namor great in his Avenger tie-in to AvX. IIRC, he was the only one who bothered to show Phoenix Namor as anything other than raging. Of course, then he wrote him completely out of control in AvX 8. And enjoyed his Namor for the most part in his Illuminati mini-series and the Civil War Illuminati story, where he was the only one against shooting Hulk off into space.

But then there was his Illuminati story in New Avengers, where the Hood stole the Infinity Gems. That was just painful. And the less said about his awful Cabal Namor drawn by Maleev, the better.

Of course, the plus of Bendis writing Namor would be it would get Bendis' level sales plus his ability to get the best artists to draw his stories.
    I agree with AvX opinion, although i'm not sure who's really writing namor in the main AvX stories with so many writers involved.

Namor was pretty much an acessory in the Infinity Gems saga.

The cabal story was'nt so bad although the conversation between doomor could be better.

I do like his take on Namor in dark avengers though..but then again apart from that little arc he was never seen again

like when emma called him up to punch that celestial?
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)