Page 104 of 631 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204604 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 9460
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    I agree with AvX opinion, although i'm not sure who's really writing namor in the main AvX stories with so many writers involved.

Namor was pretty much an acessory in the Infinity Gems saga.

The cabal story was'nt so bad although the conversation between doomor could be better.

I do like his take on Namor in dark avengers though..but then again apart from that little arc he was never seen again
    That one page in Dark Avengers drawn by Deodato was awesome! I need to find that.

The Cabal story featured the most hideous Namor I've ever seen. It was so horrible, I've forgotten any words that were on that page. Oh wait, it had that running joke between him and Emma that made no sense if you hadn't read the Uncanny X-Men Annual.

I agree on he Infinity Gems / Hood story. But Bendis dialog for Namor, which is usually pretty good, fell into Bendis speak, IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    like when emma called him up to punch that celestial?
    That's exactly what I was thinking. And the time he to take on Sentry.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

I thought he stayed in character as an Xmen
    namor vs mimic.jpg
    He was never some1 to be trifled with.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phoenix View Post
    I thought he stayed in character as an Xmen
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]14882
    He was never some1 to be trifled with.

Wow. I'd forgotten that panel. Ouch.

I agree, for the most part, Namor was written in character while an X-Men, though I also thought that time focused mostly on Snarky and S e x y Sub-Mariner. Which I personally enjoyed, since it had been a while since we'd seen S e x y Namor. But folks who didn't know Namor before, tend to see that as the whole character, when it isn't. But there certainly were some great, quotable panels for Namor during his X-men run. Hmmmm. That gives me another idea. Need to start writing these down.

I just posted this in the Namor Advent Calendar thread, but I wanted to have them here in this thread, which will be active all year. (positive thinking engaged!)

When I have the time, I'll try to make a pattern and I'll post it here.

I saw Sonia Harris Superhero Snowflakes here on CBR and was inspired to make my own Sub-Mariner Snowflake! Mine has six, not four, spines, but I did manage to cut it out using mostly scissors. I only used an exacto blade (actually a box cutter) for his Highness' eyes and eyebrows -- which you could do without, since I think Prince Namor has a distinctive head.

Close up of one spine. I hope the ankle wings are recognizable beneath Namor's head. The center element was supposed to be a scalloped shell around his belt buckle sunburst, but I don't think the shell element came across well.

Sonia Harris' Superhero Snowflakes: http://goodcomics.comicbookresources...ro-snowflakes/

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Wow. I'd forgotten that panel. Ouch.

I agree, for the most part, Namor was written in character while an X-Men, though I also thought that time focused mostly on Snarky and S e x y Sub-Mariner. Which I personally enjoyed, since it had been a while since we'd seen S e x y Namor. But folks who didn't know Namor before, tend to see that as the whole character, when it isn't. But there certainly were some great, quotable panels for Namor during his X-men run. Hmmmm. That gives me another idea. Need to start writing these down.
    Strong honor when he killed GMO Marrina it was sad
    He was a strong humurist when assistiting xkids including Hope the redcoat
    Firm und unwelding when it came to Atlantian mutants.
    But then Disney got Marvel and now he slowly heads back towards eventual Avengerhood
    The comic gods are crule when reuled by Disney

Strong honor when he killed GMO Marrina it was sad
    He was a strong humurist when assistiting xkids including Hope the redcoat
    Firm und unwelding when it came to Atlantian mutants.
    But then Disney got Marvel and now he slowly heads back towards eventual Avengerhood
    The comic gods are crule when reuled by Disney
    Well, the popularity of the Avengers movie certainly seems to have driven some decisions, like poor Quicksilver being handed over to Remender. I'm pretty sure Namor moving to the Avenger books is due to Hickman.

Yes, those are good points of characterization, and of course, we got the last ongoing while Namor was in the X-men, and that had plenty of characterization in it.

I vaguely remember Bendis saying he wanted to use Namor, but he couldn't until Hickman was finished with him. Or am I making that up? Cause it just seems weird that there is zero mention of Namor in the X-books post AvX.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 12-24-2014 at 03:19 AM.

Namor got mentioned in this CBR article "spotlighting some of the greatest comic book characters who have yet to make the transition from four-color to big screen heroes."

The author, Marc Buxton, certainly got the part I bolded right.

He's Marvel's oldest character and has been a major player since 1939. How is it possible that Namor, King of Atlantis and Ruler of Seven Seas, has never appeared on film? Perhaps the legal status of the Namor film rights is more murky than Atlantean algebra, a shame considering Namor is such an integral part of Marvel history from the dawn of the Golden Age to the modern era of the Avengers and the Illuminati. Namor could be inserted into Captain America's back story as part of a cinematic Invaders or become a huge player in the contemporary age as a hero or as a villain. Or Fox could opt make Namor a huge part of their "Fantastic Four" reboot and eventually spin the Scion of Atlantis off into his own film. Alas, the legal hoops any studio would need to jump through to bring Namor to life are rumored to preclude any story plans.
    Another question I ask my self often. And sadly, I am coming to the conclusion that Marvel Studios just doesn't think it's worth their time to untangle Namor's film rights. Boy, are they wrong.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=57886

Namor got mentioned in this CBR article "spotlighting some of the greatest comic book characters who have yet to make the transition from four-color to big screen heroes."

Another question I ask my self often. And sadly, I am coming to the conclusion that Marvel Studios just doesn't think it's worth their time to untangle Namor's film rights. Boy, are they wrong.

It could be the title the 1st mutant he is often given but Selene predated him from Conan times.
    Fox might try to block him based on that.

Maybe they can get his rights untangled by 2016 and have Namor and Blackbolt featured in a stinger on the end of Black Panther. That would be a cool way to broaden the scope of Earth in the MCU and a pretty logical place to introduce other kings.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Namor and Black Bolt have a really cool/effective cameo today in NA. It's not a lot of "screen time" (understatement), but it was a Holy #### WTF!? moment that has me very interested in what's next.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

That one page in Dark Avengers drawn by Deodato was awesome! I need to find that.

The Cabal story featured the most hideous Namor I've ever seen. It was so horrible, I've forgotten any words that were on that page. Oh wait, it had that running joke between him and Emma that made no sense if you hadn't read the Uncanny X-Men Annual.

I agree on he Infinity Gems / Hood story. But Bendis dialog for Namor, which is usually pretty good, fell into Bendis speak, IIRC.

That's exactly what I was thinking. And the time he to take on Sentry.
    I came up with a solution to Maleev's version of Namor in that story when this thread was back on the old MBs. That was really Namor's trailer trash cousin Shamor from Jersey shore

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I came up with a solution to Maleev's version of Namor in that story when this thread was back on the old MBs. That was really Namor's trailer trash cousin Shamor from Jersey shore
    I've read about him. I hear he's currently being sought in relation to several fist pump related homicides. I believe the papers are calling him "Imperius Wrecks".
    Pull List:

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    I've read about him. I hear he's currently being sought in relation to several fist pump related homicides. I believe the papers are calling him "Imperius Wrecks".
    Hahahaha. Phenomenal.

Namor and Black Bolt have a really cool/effective cameo today in NA. It's not a lot of "screen time" (understatement), but it was a Holy #### WTF!? moment that has me very interested in what's next.
    Ha! I was just going to note this as well. As sad as I was about one thing in AXIS this felt like just about the nicest X-Mas present Hickman could give we devoted fans of the Avenging Son.

It could be the title the 1st mutant he is often given but Selene predated him from Conan times.
    Fox might try to block him based on that.
    Maybe they can get his rights untangled by 2016 and have Namor and Blackbolt featured in a stinger on the end of Black Panther. That would be a cool way to broaden the scope of Earth in the MCU and a pretty logical place to introduce other kings.

I don't think Fox has a claim on Namor, despite the first mutant title. He's always been at Universal, like the Hulk. I suspect his situation is exactly the Hulk's, but Marvel doesn't appear interested in sorting it out.

I haven't gotten my comics yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    LOL! That's far more likely, than the Maleev Bendis actually being Prince Namor.