Page 106 of 631 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206606 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 9460

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Finally got my hands on Christmas Eve's comics. And yes, I have to agree, it was great seeing Namor (and Black Bolt) show to make Cap's day. LOL!

Deodato does draw a pretty Namor.

I think, though, it was Sue, again, who had something to do with Namor showing up, since he was on the same ship as she. Boy, I would have loved to see that conversation.
    i wonder how steve might have felt seeing his fellow invader stepping out of that ship
    maybe reed reached out to namor after cap started his witch hunt, as he wanted to manipulate their relationship?

deodato draws the best namor for me right now, which is partly because i don't like the older namor hairstyles

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    Hopefully we'll get to. I also am hopeful that Namor has been playing the Cabal all along. Regardless, this made me VERY happy. After reading AXIS #9, heartbroken at the destruction of the Janet VanDyne/Alex Summers relationship thanks to Tony Stark's selfish actions this was just what I needed to lift my spirits.
    would be great to see thanos getting played out by namor..
    if seeing the main villain of the MCU get manipulated by the prince of atlantis does'nt make marvel rush movie rights i dont know what will LOL
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    i wonder how steve might have felt seeing his fellow invader stepping out of that ship
    maybe reed reached out to namor after cap started his witch hunt, as he wanted to manipulate their relationship?
    Hickman's Steve seems pretty bitter all around. But I'd be surprised if their relationship gets touched on. Alot of writers ignore it, so they can play up the Steve / Tony or the Steve / Cyclops relationships.

Though, Steve more than most, should realize Namor's priorities. Which makes me favor the idea that they really weren't all that close.

deodato draws the best namor for me right now, which is partly because i don't like the older namor hairstyles
    What??? You don't care for the bullet head? The space alien triangle head? The pencil eraser crew cut? The triangle flat top? LOL!

would be great to see thanos getting played out by namor..
    if seeing the main villain of the MCU get manipulated by the prince of atlantis does'nt make marvel rush movie rights i dont know what will LOL
    No surprise, I agree with this wholeheartedly.

I have been reminded by another Namor fan, that it's the end of the year and time to reminisce on Namor's best moments for 2014. Here are his appearances for the year. Some of these are cameos (like New Warriors and Uncanny Avengers), and some I haven't seen, like the Mighty Avengers or the newest Iron Man or the Deadpool Art of War.

I think it would be hard to pick something that wasn't from All New Invaders or New Avengers, but if you have scans from some of his other appearances, please share. I'll dig around also.

March 2014:
    All-New Invaders (2014) #1 - 'Gods and Soldiers'
    All-New Marvel Now! Point One (2014) #1
    Uncanny Avengers (2012) #16 - 'Yesterday Didn't Exist'
    X-Men: Legacy (2013) #23 - 'Slouching Towards Bethlehem'

April 2014:

All-New Invaders (2014) #2 - 'Gods and Soldiers Part Two'

May 2014:
    All-New Invaders (2014) #3 - 'Gods and Soldiers Part Three'
    New Avengers (2013) #16 - 'A Perfect World'
    X-Men: Legacy (2013) #300 - 'ForgetMeNot'

June 2014:

All-New Invaders (2014) #4 - 'Gods and Soldiers Part Four'
    Avengers (2013) #28 - 'The Case'
    Fantastic Four (2014) #3 - 'The Fall of the Fantastic Four Part Three'
    New Avengers (2013) #17 - 'A Perfect World II'
    New Warriors (2014) #3 - 'The High Evolutionary Has Kidnapped Nova and the Celestials are Returning to Judge Humanity'
    Original Sin (2014) #0 - 'Who is the Watcher?'
    What If? Age of Ultron (2014) #4

July 2014:

All-New Invaders (2014) #5 - 'Gods and Soldiers: Part Five'
    Avengers (2013) #29 - 'Infinite Avengers'
    Fantastic Four (2014) #5 - 'The Fall of the Fantastic Four Part Five'
    New Avengers (2013) #18 - 'Into the Breach'
    Thanos: A God Up There Listening (Infinite) (2014) #1

August 2014:

All-New Invaders (2014) #6 Original Sin
    New Avengers (2013) #19 - 'We Are All Monsters Now'
    New Avengers (2013) #20 - 'Blu'dakorr'
    Uncanny Avengers (2012) #21 - 'Avenge the Earth Part Four'

September 2014:
    All-New Invaders (2014) #7 Original Sin
    All-New Invaders (2014) #8 - 'Death-Locked!'
    New Avengers (2013) #21 - 'The Bomb'
    Uncanny Avengers (2012) #22 - 'Avenge the Earth Conclusion'

October 2014:

All-New Invaders (2014) #9 - 'Death-Locked!'
    Avengers (2013) #34 - 'The Last Avenger'
    Marvel 75th Anniversary Celebration (2014) #1
    New Avengers (2013) #22 - 'We Are Not Brothers'
    New Avengers (2013) #23 - 'All the Angels Have Fallen'
    Original Sins (2014) #5

November 2014:

All-New Invaders (2014) #10 - 'Death-Locked!'
    Mighty Avengers (2013) #14
    New Avengers (2013) #24 - 'The Cabal'

December 2014:

All-New Invaders (2014) #11 - 'Death-Locked!'
    Avengers (2013) #37 - 'Archangel'
    Bucky Barnes: The Winter Soldier (2014) #1 - 'Chapter One: The Transmigration of Bucky Barnes'

January 2015:
    Fantastic Four (2014) #13 - 'East of Eden, Part Five'

February 2015:

Deadpool's Art of War (2014) #3
    Fantastic Four (2014) #14 - 'Back in Blue'
    New Avengers (2013) #28 - 'You Can't Win Part II'
    Superior Iron Man (2015) #3 - 'Chapter 3: Man of Vision'

Hickman's Steve seems pretty bitter all around. But I'd be surprised if their relationship gets touched on. Alot of writers ignore it, so they can play up the Steve / Tony or the Steve / Cyclops relationships.

Though, Steve more than most, should realize Namor's priorities. Which makes me favor the idea that they really weren't all that close.
    if given an extended run on ANI, i'm sure james robinson will explore that

What??? You don't care for the bullet head? The space alien triangle head? The pencil eraser crew cut? The triangle flat top? LOL!
    i don't like that's all XD
    i prefer the later deodato/schiti hip hairstyles

No surprise, I agree with this wholeheartedly.
    that would also show namor's under rated cerebral side
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.

if given an extended run on ANI, i'm sure james robinson will explore that
    I wish, really wish that would happen. A sudden surge in sales and a reprieve. But alas, I don't think so. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that Robinson will be able to use the Invaders in his next book.

i don't like that's all XD
    i prefer the later deodato/schiti hip hairstyles
    Sorry. I thought my humor came through on that post. I was laughing at some of the extreme hairstyles of the past that they've saddled Namor with in the past. It's quite understandable that you'd prefer Deodato's take on Namor's hair, rather than space alien head Namor or pony tail mullet Namor.

Though, I'm not so sure about Schiti's hair style for Namor. ;P

that would also show namor's under rated cerebral side
    Yup. I don't think Namor is a super genius, but it would be nice if writers remembered he's intelligent, well learned and even more important, far more experienced than most characters, especially in dealing with political matters. He's a lot more cunning than many writers give him credit for.

I wish, really wish that would happen. A sudden surge in sales and a reprieve. But alas, I don't think so. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that Robinson will be able to use the Invaders in his next book.
    any hints on what will be his next book?

Sorry. I thought my humor came through on that post. I was laughing at some of the extreme hairstyles of the past that they've saddled Namor with in the past. It's quite understandable that you'd prefer Deodato's take on Namor's hair, rather than space alien head Namor or pony tail mullet Namor.

Though, I'm not so sure about Schiti's hair style for Namor. ;P
    lol it's okay..the pony tail mullet does need a comeback though

Yup. I don't think Namor is a super genius, but it would be nice if writers remembered he's intelligent, well learned and even more important, far more experienced than most characters, especially in dealing with political matters. He's a lot more cunning than many writers give him credit for.
    that bluff he called on Proxima was genius..at his wit's end, he made two sides who were out for his butt fight each other
    what other displays of his cunning side could you recall?

any hints on what will be his next book?
    I haven't heard anything. The only books I know that are possibilities / available are: Dr. Strange, Avengers, Heroes 4 Hire / Defenders, and Daredevil. There will probably be some spin off books from Secret Wars, but I would hope he'd get a book before than.

lol it's okay..the pony tail mullet does need a comeback though
    No. Never in a million years.

that bluff he called on Proxima was genius..at his wit's end, he made two sides who were out for his butt fight each other. what other displays of his cunning side could you recall?
    I have to agree. It was a stroke of pure genius.

Well, off the top of my head:

• Namor and Blackbolt manipulated everyone, including poor Triton, in the Jenkins / Lee mini-series, and Namor got Atlantis back beneath the waves.
    • He tricked Susan Storm, and the old kings of Atlantis, in Hickman's FF -- though he let his feelings for Sue get the better of him.
    • He's also manipulated Reed and Sue into getting back together twice.
    • He even manipulated his younger self in Avengers / Invaders.
    • He's also successfully led the Atlanteans on attacks on NYC, at least twice.
    • I thought the Atlantean sleeper cells were a great idea with potential that was never followed up on.
    • And he's probably one of the few characters to come out ahead in his dealings with Dr. Doom.
    • Of course, the "Rise, the Cabal" moment, which obviously came out of previous plans with Black Swan.
    • And others, I'm forgetting at this hour.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 12-30-2014 at 01:12 AM.

I'm going to try and expand on Namor's appearances last year. It'll help me make my own Favorites of 2014 list. : )

March 2014:
    • All-New Marvel Now! Point One (2014) #1
      We got our first look at Steve Pugh's Namor! And a new black suit costume.

• Uncanny Avengers (2012) #16 - 'Yesterday Didn't Exist'
      This was the issue Remender forgot Namor was a mutant and left him on Earth when the rest of the mutants were transported off planet. So basically a cameo by Steve McNiven.

• X-Men: Legacy (2013) #23 - 'Slouching Towards Bethlehem'
      I'll have to dig this issue out. I didn't remember Namor in this series.

March 2014:
    • All-New Invaders (2014) #1 - 'Gods and Soldiers'
      Where we got some great covers. And a flashback sequence with Namor. I'm going to miss this series. : (

March 2014:
    • All-New Invaders (2014) #1 - 'Gods and Soldiers'
      I forgot there was one very important Namor page, the cliffhanger ending page, of him getting tortured by the Supreme Intelligence! Of course, I can't find a scan. : p
    • All-New Marvel Now! Point One (2014) #1
    • Uncanny Avengers (2012) #16 - 'Yesterday Didn't Exist'
    • X-Men: Legacy (2013) #23 - 'Slouching Towards Bethlehem'
      I found this issue, and it is also a cameo appearance. It's kind of the opposite of Remender's Uncanny Avengers, as Namor's essence gets sucked up by Legion because he IS a mutant.

April 2014:
    • All-New Invaders (2014) #2 - 'Gods and Soldiers Part Two'

This issue only has Namor in small flashbacks, where their first encounter with the God Whisperer is recounted.

I'm going to have to say, the first two months aren't going to make my list of Best of 2014, except maybe seeing Steve Pugh's Namor for the first time in the Point One issue.

I haven't heard anything. The only books I know that are possibilities / available are: Dr. Strange, Avengers, Heroes 4 Hire / Defenders, and Daredevil. There will probably be some spin off books from Secret Wars, but I would hope he'd get a book before than.
    i hope he gets his hands on a namor spin-off

I have to agree. It was a stroke of pure genius.

Well, off the top of my head:

• Namor and Blackbolt manipulated everyone, including poor Triton, in the Jenkins / Lee mini-series, and Namor got Atlantis back beneath the waves.
    • He tricked Susan Storm, and the old kings of Atlantis, in Hickman's FF -- though he let his feelings for Sue get the better of him.
    • He's also manipulated Reed and Sue into getting back together twice.
    • He even manipulated his younger self in Avengers / Invaders.
    • He's also successfully led the Atlanteans on attacks on NYC, at least twice.
    • I thought the Atlantean sleeper cells were a great idea with potential that was never followed up on.
    • And he's probably one of the few characters to come out ahead in his dealings with Dr. Doom.
    • Of course, the "Rise, the Cabal" moment, which obviously came out of previous plans with Black Swan.
    • And others, I'm forgetting at this hour.

In which issues did he manipulate reed and sue's marriage and had deals with dr doom? i'd love to read those

i hope he gets his hands on a namor spin-off : D
    Yes! That would be awesome. Though, I think he'd try for a Jim Hammond spin off. Which I'd buy too, as I'm pretty sure we'd see Namor in it too. : )

I'm not sure who I'd like writing Namor now. I really hope the next writer gives it 200% and gets a good artist who can actually do a monthly book. Namor needs a creative team that cares for the character and has a strong vision. There have been good runs on the character, but I still think there's a modern, defining Frank Miller DD or Steranko Nick Fury like run for Namor out there. Some would argue John Bryne was it for Namor, but I disagree.

Interesting. I just noticed a I referenced 3 artist / writers, much like Bill Everett was Namor's artist / writer.

In which issues did he manipulate reed and sue's marriage and had deals with dr doom? i'd love to read those
    Fantastic Four 147 and 149

Fantastic Four 412

There's a lot of Doom and Namor team ups. I'll see if I can come up with a list. They are reprinting Super Villain Team Up, which starts out great. Namor gets the ... the short end of the stick half way through, but he comes out golden in the end. It's a bronze age book, with multiple artists and writers, but I still enjoy it. But I do love seeing Doom and Namor together.

Found this great image of Namor by Adi Granov.

It's actually 1/4 of a big wide piece. Here it is in color.

I was thrilled, because I am perusing a very disappointing book on superheroes that barely mentions Namor or Bill Everett -- though it is somewhat DC biased, imo. And also, cause I can't remember the last time Namor was included in a gathering like this. Then I discovered it's art work that will decorate the spines of a book set called MARVEL'S MIGHTEST HEROES! I was then doubly thrilled, cause someone finally remembered that Namor belongs in those ranks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamsin for Adi Granov
    ...but this piece was done for Hachette and Adi got to choose some of the characters he included (a few definitely had to be included). They cover a certain time period and there was a list to choose from: Namor was the first Marvel character and Storm was the last character created on that list.
    And here's the description of the book set:

Quote Originally Posted by Note from the Editor
    Welcome to Marvel's Mightiest Heroes, the definitive graphic novel collection bringing you all the most iconic and influential Marvel heroes since Marvel began. In each novel we focus on one character or team and features significant story arcs and bonus material including first appearances, detailed character profiles and backstories, and exclusive interviews and sketches from the writers and artists. From Spidey to Wolverine, from The Avengers to X-Men and everyone in between we hope you enjoy this incredible collection.
    Of course, this made my evening. Finally an editor / company giving Namor his due. Sadly, they didn't have his book shown on the website, but here's what the set will look like if you buy all the volumes.

You can read it about it here. I'd like to see one book, before I committed to subscription, but you check it out here:

http://www.mightiestcollection.com/collection.html

Yes! That would be awesome. Though, I think he'd try for a Jim Hammond spin off. Which I'd buy too, as I'm pretty sure we'd see Namor in it too. : )
    yeah he can expand on jim as an agent of shield.
    i guess it's good he does'nt appear in TRO yet working with the cap's shield avengers

I'm not sure who I'd like writing Namor now. I really hope the next writer gives it 200% and gets a good artist who can actually do a monthly book. Namor needs a creative team that cares for the character and has a strong vision. There have been good runs on the character, but I still think there's a modern, defining Frank Miller DD or Steranko Nick Fury like run for Namor out there. Some would argue John Bryne was it for Namor, but I disagree.

Interesting. I just noticed a I referenced 3 artist / writers, much like Bill Everett was Namor's artist / writer.
    me neither to be honest..there's not a lot of talented artist/writers now too :/

Found this great image of Namor by Adi Granov.

It's actually 1/4 of a big wide piece. Here it is in color.

LOL why is black widow there? in the grand scheme of things, she's barely a major character in Marvel history..would prefer reed richards here

I was thrilled, because I am perusing a very disappointing book on superheroes that barely mentions Namor or Bill Everett -- though it is somewhat DC biased, imo. And also, cause I can't remember the last time Namor was included in a gathering like this. Then I discovered it's art work that will decorate the spines of a book set called MARVEL'S MIGHTEST HEROES! I was then doubly thrilled, cause someone finally remembered that Namor belongs in those ranks.

It's really unfortunate most comic fans are'nt aware of Namor's contribution to comics.
    Namor does belong in those ranks..and unlike any of them, he has an army too :P

It's the last day of the Year of the Horse... sort of.

Here's Athena-I's Namor Year of the Horse art.