Page 107 of 631 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207607 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 9460
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    yeah he can expand on jim as an agent of shield.
    i guess it's good he does'nt appear in TRO yet working with the cap's shield avengers
    Yeah, I'm not sure where Jim as a SHIELD agent is going. I doubt they'll put him in Mark Waid's SHIELD book. I can't see them continuing a Secret Avengers, which is where he's shown up, with the SHIELD book. I could see him opening Camp Hammond again, in a teen book, but I don't think Marvel's interested in doing that. It should be interesting to see what happens.

me neither to be honest..there's not a lot of talented artist/writers now too :/
    There's some indy artists / writers, I think, but I can't think of any that would be a good fit for a Namor book. Becky Cloonan is a possibility, but I'm not sure if she has the interest or time. I didn't realize Dustin Weaver did any writing, but I do like his art. I'll have to think on this, now.

There's plenty of artists who only write, now, like Bendis, Hickman, Remender, Jeff Parker.

LOL why is black widow there? in the grand scheme of things, she's barely a major character in Marvel history..would prefer reed richards here

It's really unfortunate most comic fans are'nt aware of Namor's contribution to comics.
    Namor does belong in those ranks..and unlike any of them, he has an army too :P
    I'm sure someone would say they've got a Hulk.
    But yes, the lack of knowledge about Namor and his place in Marvel's history and it's universe is sadly lacking.

Yeah, someone asked where was the FF, which is why Tasmin explained about Namor and Storm. I'm guessing Black Widow was one of Granov's favorites, that he got choose. He's done several pieces with her.

Happy New Year Sisters and Brothers! Imperius Rex!!!! (yeah, maybe I've had jut a little vodka . . . and Jack, and Johnny, and Jose and Jim).

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    Happy New Year Sisters and Brothers! Imperius Rex!!!! (yeah, maybe I've had jut a little vodka . . . and Jack, and Johnny, and Jose and Jim).
    Happy New Year! Here's hoping 2015 is great for all of us, and for Namor.

I wish I had the excuse of liqueur for this animated icon I made. My only excuse is I couldn't find any pics of Namor with sheep ... which is probably a good thing. : P But there were plenty of Sheep Crabs.

happy new year to all my atlantean brothers and sisters here!
    may this year invite more namor fans to this thread and big things for the old sub-mariner
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    There's some indy artists / writers, I think, but I can't think of any that would be a good fit for a Namor book. Becky Cloonan is a possibility, but I'm not sure if she has the interest or time. I didn't realize Dustin Weaver did any writing, but I do like his art. I'll have to think on this, now.

There's plenty of artists who only write, now, like Bendis, Hickman, Remender, Jeff Parker.
    Jeff Parker could be okay.. Remender post UXF..um no thank you

I'm sure someone would say they've got a Hulk.
    But yes, the lack of knowledge about Namor and his place in Marvel's history and it's universe is sadly lacking.
    Not a lot of readers bother to read up a little history about comics

Yeah, someone asked where was the FF, which is why Tasmin explained about Namor and Storm. I'm guessing Black Widow was one of Granov's favorites, that he got choose. He's done several pieces with her.
    ahh my bad..i do have a tendency to skim through things :P
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.

Finally settled on the next Namor75 project. It's sort of a New Year resolution project. One I can keep up. LOL!

Finally settled on the next Namor75 project. It's sort of a New Year resolution project. One I can keep up. LOL!
    Do it for the Sheep Crabs!

Do it for the Sheep Crabs!
    LOL! I'm going to get as much possible use out those Sheep Crabs this year. ;p

Here we go! 365 Days of Namor Covers and Panels!

http://community.comicbookresources....he-Sub-Mariner

Also, someone is thinking just like dzub! From Tom Brevroot's tumblr:

liliedhe: I just found out that All-New Invaders will end soon. Since this was the series that made me come back to comics after twelve years of absence, I am quite saddened to hear this. Is there at least some hope of seeing this characters (especially Namor and Jim Hammond) in another series? I am following Avengers and New Avengers, but the dynamic there is different.

Tom Brevroot: It sounds to me like the thing you’ll want to keep an eye out for is other projects that James Robinson is writing, as he’s most likely to continue that relationship in that tone (or to develop similar relationships that strike you the same way.)
    http://brevoortformspring.tumblr.com...will-end#notes

I hope this was a slip of hint from Tom Brevroot.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 01-01-2015 at 09:19 PM.

happy new year to all my atlantean brothers and sisters here!
    may this year invite more namor fans to this thread and big things for the old sub-mariner
    Happy New Year to you to, dzub! And I agree 100%. Hoping for a super year all around in 2015.

Jeff Parker could be okay.. Remender post UXF..um no thank you

Not a lot of readers bother to read up a little history about comics

ahh my bad..i do have a tendency to skim through things :P
    I do the same. ; )

Yeah, I'm not a big Remender fan. (sorry Chief Jon) I have enjoyed Jeff Parker's work, but he's doing Aquaman right now. I doubt he wants to write Namor also.

Also, someone is thinking just like dzub! From Tom Brevroot's tumblr:

http://brevoortformspring.tumblr.com...will-end#notes

I hope this was a slip of hint from Tom Brevroot.
    ahh..almost a reason to be optimistic :^)

ahh..almost a reason to be optimistic :^)
    ALMOST, indeed. At this point, I'll clutch at any straws. : p

Today, January 2, is Don Heck's birthday. He drew Sub-Mariner #64-68, the stories written by Steve Gerber. And he drew Namor a few times in his classic run on the Avengers.

He's certainly not my favorite Namor artist, but he's one I remember well, as some of the first issues of the Sub-Mariner I bought (and read repeatedly) were drawn by him, including the famous costume change issue, #67.

I agree with the person who posted this pic, that Namor's head in that first panel seems to have been drawn / copied from Johnny Romita's cover, rather than pure Don Heck. There always seemed to be a rushed quality to Heck's work, which could have been due in part to inkers (he complained he always got stuck with the newbies), but he always got the story telling across clearly. Here's one of Namor literally drilling through a 'coral reef,' to avoid a bunch of ... whales??? Okay, these books were better when I didn't watch so many nature shows. LOL!

Pics came from Bronze Age Babies, and there's more, as well as a review of this issue here: http://bronzeagebabies.blogspot.com/...ariner-67.html

From Project Rooftop, which redesigns various superhero costumes.

http://www.tencentticker.com/project...-paul-maybury/

I'm not so sure about this redesigned outfit for Namor, though I think the drawing might have something to do with it. But I think costume is also too busy. But the discussion between two of the critics is great and very insightful. I think Joel Priddy got it completely right.

Joel Priddy: But, more importantly for our present purposes, Namor is also a better-designed character. Aquaman is a super-hero with a sea-theme. Namor is a creature from another world. He hails from the earliest days of super-hero comics, before the mold had hardened too thoroughly, and, so, reflects visual influences beyond the circus-tights of Superman and his legions of imitators. Bill Everett drew on Classical Mythology and fantasy pulp magazines like The Argosy to create a character who is not meant to be another aspirational exemplar of the clean-cut American male.

Namor is a study in contrasts: an undersea prince, he sports Hermes’ ankle-wings; he is exotic, with his slick dark hair, elfin ears, and arched, feminine eyebrows, but his fey appearance is contrasted with the lusty personality of an enthusiastic brawler. And, of course, there’s the anti-hero thing. The guy will save New York from the Nazis, only to tear up it apart himself. It must have felt a little dangerous to identify with Namor back in ’39.

Priddy: ... and it looks like Namor couldn’t give a fig. And I think that sort of belligerent peculiarity is a big part of Namor’s historical appeal.
    I think today, even moreso, it seems dangerous or problematic to identify with Namor, though all these traits he points out also seem to be why his fans like the character.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I do like the insights of Joel Priddy above, but I think he misses one salient point, that Namor is a creature of two worlds, who has chosen to live in the Otherworld -- capitalization intentional. I think that's one way into the character, that makes him relatable to modern audiences. Just as in the past, writers stressed the environment aspect of Namor, since that was important to folks then.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Bleeding Cool reported on a thread by Dan Slott in the Spider-Man forum about how Silk got an ongoing. Basically it boils down to the fans asked for it. This is somewhat reassuring to me as a Namor fan, even if Slott would probably lump me into the forum ranters, and even though we don't have the huge numbers as the Spidey fans -- I think we're a pretty vocal bunch. I certainly intend to keep asking Marvel and reminding them that Namor needs his own book!

You can read the whole thing here:

http://community.comicbookresources....ion-vs-Reality