Page 109 of 631 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159209609 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 9460

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    perhaps there's life under thermal vents too ? :P

the leader of this tribe could be based off that.

I'm love the ideas you're sharing with us here.
    The toba explosion timeframe fits better than krakatoa.
    I do love the history of them being rivals to atlantis.

I'd make the subterranaut and his tribe wake up after a millenia of hibernation,
    shocked the rest of their kind are no more and the atlanteans still thriving.
    a little fight betwen namor here and there, only for them to discover that the other lavamen are'nt extinct at all.
    the lavamen have mellowed down to be a more peaceful race, very cautious not to repeat the same catastrophe again.

i think marvel can use a little bit more asian characters..
    there's an african nation in wakanda , i hope someday there's an asian kingdom too
    I like the idea that a water based society is very hot-headed (pun intended) and quick to action, and a fire based society is more mellow and pragmatic.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Marvel 616 Politics has a LONG article/feature about casting a Namor movie. If you're interested go check it out here and follow them on Facebook here!

Quote Originally Posted by WTHIOTina View Post
    Marvel 616 Politics has a LONG article/feature about casting a Namor movie. If you're interested go check it out here and follow them on Facebook here!
    For those new to the thread this^ is the one I co-authored a while ago. There's also an essay I wrote for the site comparing Namor to Superman.

the leader of this tribe could be based off that.

I'd make the subterranaut and his tribe wake up after a millenia of hibernation,
    a little fight betwen namor here and there, only for them to discover that the other lavamen are'nt extinct at all.
    the lavamen have mellowed down to be a more peaceful race, very cautious not to repeat the same catastrophe again.

there's an african nation in wakanda , i hope someday there's an asian kingdom too
    I do believe you're thinking of K'un-L'un (or Madripor also fits) my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    I do believe you're thinking of K'un-L'un (or Madripor also fits) my friend.
    I feel they don't feature prominently enough..
    K'un L'un's hidden from most civilization and i've always though of mardipoor as more of a city-state kinda place.
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    I like the idea that a water based society is very hot-headed (pun intended) and quick to action, and a fire based society is more mellow and pragmatic.
    even in the invaders, jim always had a cool head lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Fifteen minutes into AGENT CARTER, and it's ten times better than AGENTS OF SHIELD. I would love if they introduced / gave Namor a re-occurring role in this show. Even better, if they would do a similar period show with him and Betty Dean.
    i'm going to watch it today.
    does universal hold the rights to betty dean too?
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I'm pretty sure Betty Dean's rights would be attached to Namor's, since that's really the only superhero she's had any real interactions with -- except for the Invaders.

I hope you enjoy the show. If you like pulp shows or the first Captain America movie, I think you'll like it.

Well, it's comics, so sure.

They could awaken with a recent volcano eruption. I do like that there are other more peaceful lava men, also.

I'd love it, though it might be harder to do a new kingdom, nowadays, but I'd look to the Inhumans push for that to be happen. Though ... Asia is a big place.

The concept was that they he lives in a volcano (But that could easily be oceanic thermal vents or undersea volcanoes). Maybe I can get a screen grab sometime this week and post it.
    Looking forward to it.

even in the invaders, jim always had a cool head lol!
    Yeah, I've always thought it was another nice play on the opposing forces within, that Namor deals with. Though, ocean creatures are usually portrayed as somewhat chaotic / mercurial.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by WTHIOTina View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    For those new to the thread this^ is the one I co-authored a while ago. There's also an essay I wrote for the site comparing Namor to Superman.
    I read both. They were nicely done, Chief Jon!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I'm pretty sure Betty Dean's rights would be attached to Namor's, since that's really the only superhero she's had any real interactions with -- except for the Invaders.

I hope you enjoy the show. If you like pulp shows or the first Captain America movie, I think you'll like it.
    aw that sucks :/
    i thought she'd somehow slip through the rights net and marvel could use her..

How do you think the last few years will impact Namor if he gets a new solo after Secret Wars? Also, would you have a problem if he were made part Inhuman rather than mutant if it meant an easier transition to the big screen or increased appearances in the publishing arm?
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

BANNED

How do you think the last few years will impact Namor if he gets a new solo after Secret Wars? Also, would you have a problem if he were made part Inhuman rather than mutant if it meant an easier transition to the big screen or increased appearances in the publishing arm?
    Is the result of this that the inhuman Triton and Namor are established as cousins? I have no problem with this provided that Prince Namor : The Savage Sub-Mariner spins out of Inhumans 3

IMPERIUS-REX!

aw that sucks :/
    i thought she'd somehow slip through the rights net and marvel could use her..
    Well, I definitely could be wrong. I don't think she's a character that would have have a specific contract. I would love to see her in AGENT CARTER. Perhaps if there was a episode where Peggy had to interact with the police, her liaison could be Betty Dean! Actually, now that I think about it, I think Betty Dean was Marvel's first woman character of that type -- in law enforcement / government agent.

That depends on what the fallout of Secret Wars is. If it's a reboot or even a reset, that would change things a lot for Namor, I would think. I think, however, they need to do some STRONG defining of the character in his next series.

I would definitely eyeroll the change to Inhuman, just as I'm eyerolling the change of Toro to Inhuman. I really don't think Namor needs ANOTHER wrinkle added to his physiology, plus it's unnecessary. He already has several ties / interactions with the kingdom of the Inhumans. Not to mention, I don't want to see Namor transformed into something weird in the Terregenesis mists.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Is the result of this that the inhuman Triton and Namor are established as cousins? I have no problem with this provided that Prince Namor : The Savage Sub-Mariner spins out of Inhumans 3

IMPERIUS-REX!
    Inhumans 3!?! That's TEN YEARS from now. All the old fans of Namor will be dead by then. ;p

BANNED

Well, I definitely could be wrong. I don't think she's a character that would have have a specific contract. I would love to see her in AGENT CARTER. Perhaps if there was a episode where Peggy had to interact with the police, her liaison could be Betty Dean! Actually, now that I think about it, I think Betty Dean was Marvel's first woman character of that type -- in law enforcement / government agent.

That depends on what the fallout of Secret Wars is. If it's a reboot or even a reset, that would change things a lot for Namor, I would think. I think, however, they need to do some STRONG defining of the character in his next series.

I would definitely eyeroll the change to Inhuman, just as I'm eyerolling the change of Toro to Inhuman. I really don't think Namor needs ANOTHER wrinkle added to his physiology, plus it's unnecessary. He already has several ties / interactions with the kingdom of the Inhumans. Not to mention, I don't want to see Namor transformed into something weird in the Terregenesis mists.

Inhumans 3!?! That's TEN YEARS from now. All the old fans of Namor will be dead by then. ;p
    Will Betty Dean show up in Agent Carter? I'd like it.

Toro is an Inhuman now? Avengers/Invaders clearly established he was a mutant

You are right. Let the movie where Namor is the lead spin out of Inhumans 1.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Will Betty Dean show up in Agent Carter? I'd like it.

Toro is an Inhuman now? Avengers/Invaders clearly established he was a mutant

You are right. Let the movie where Namor is the lead spin out of Inhumans 1.
    I doubt Betty Dean will show up in Agent Carter, though they are doing a few Easter Eggs. It would be so cool if they did even a cameo for Betty Dean. They could even do a cameo with Namor, if they ever do a shot from the harbor. They could show the back of a head popping out of the shadowy water, and then slipping back underwater.

Yes, it appears Toro is an Inhuman now. He's in a Terregenesis cocoon. From the solicit for Invaders:

THE RETURN OF TORO!!!

• THOMAS “TORO” RAYMOND emerges from his INHUMAN cocoon with new powers and new enemies. Can JIM HAMMOND, NAMOR and NEW CAPTAIN AMERICA SAM WILSON hel
    There we go! Next movie after Inhumans!

depends on the strength of the solo..his track record is'nt exactly spotless in them
    as someone who's been around as long as him, who's been involved in the MU as much as him, he definitely needs a renaissance.

an atlantean inhuman?
    i prefer him as a mutant but if compromising that leads to easier transition then with a heavy heart, i'd agree to it.

i mean out of namor's female supporting cast, she's not the most famous or marketable compared to lady dorma or marrina..which could make her slip out of the rights issue
    i'd prefer her to be a regular cop too..one with the ability to tame a young namor