Page 11 of 631 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post

Hmmmm. I'd forgotten that. I wonder if Robinson will have him guest star? I love Dr. Nemesis. He's so much snarky fun.
    Hopefully, he does like his Golden Age

I have lots of problems with the hidden Inhumans and the retcons, and yes! We don't get enough of the royal family, why are they bringing in all these other characters?
    It's a conspiracy at Marvel they think "Oh look Fuzzy has discovered one of our characters and he's beginning to like them BETTER DO NOTHING WITH THEM"

It's probably to do with their movie crap and making Inhumans into the new Mutants so they can do X-men on screen without using X-men.

IIRC, Robinson said they would meet up, though I'm not sure if it will be in FF or Invaders. He said to watch for the music manager in Invaders ... I'm wondering if he's also Radiance's manager?

I did think Anole and Rockslide were hilarious in that scene. "Mr. Sub-Mariner" indeed. LOL!
    I hope they meet up in FF I would actually buy that book, well I did want to buy it because I liked the Red suits but beyond that nothing interested me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    Another in the minority here.

LOL - "Born awesome!" Yup, that's Namor.

Manu would be terrific for Namor, although your second choice looks like him. That's a tough call.
    The first season of Spartacus, when he was courting Naevia, while being a bada$$ butthead in the gladiatorial ring, was when I thought he had possibilities. And of course, he's got physical presence.

Yep, and Tahmoh does have Golden Age Namor auburn hair.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyBlueElf View Post
    Maybe he's like how Quicksilver got those stupid Inhuman Powers to time travel into the Future lol.

Jesus Christ was Decimation terrible.
    WUT??? Oh please, not running so fast he breaks the time barrier?

Hopefully, he does like his Golden Age

It's a conspiracy at Marvel they think "Oh look Fuzzy has discovered one of our characters and he's beginning to like them BETTER DO NOTHING WITH THEM"

It's probably to do with their movie crap and making Inhumans into the new Mutants so they can do X-men on screen without using X-men.
    Boy, have I felt that way! LOL!

I'm sure it has something to do with the movies. It seems they influence the comics greatly these days.

I haven't seen Robinson do snark or funny, like Si Spurrier's Dr. Nemesis. Does anyone know if he's done that? And actually, it would be great if we FINALLY could get a writer who would let Namor remember Dr. Nemesis was a Nazi who tried to kill him and the rest of the Invaders. I still don't understand why the X-office wouldn't let anyone deal with that. Asmus even wanted to do it in his Escape From the Negative Zone arc.

I hope they meet up in FF I would actually buy that book, well I did want to buy it because I liked the Red suits but beyond that nothing interested me.
    Wait, you're not buying Invaders?

WUT??? Oh please, not running so fast he breaks the time barrier?
    Unfortunately, yes. In Son of M.
    Where he also stole his daughter and exposed her to the Terrigen Mists.
    Man, they made him look awful in that book.
    He really screwed up, he was still messed up from House of M.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    Unfortunately, yes. In Son of M.
    Where he also stole his daughter and exposed her to the Terrigen Mists.
    Man, they made him look awful in that book.
    He really screwed up, he was still messed up from House of M.
    I vaguely remember him getting trashed after HoM. Well, actually IN HoM, too. But I didn't remember the time travel part.

I vaguely remember him getting trashed after HoM. Well, actually IN HoM, too. But I didn't remember the time travel part.
    He would travel to the future (still confused on exactly HOW this occurred) and meet himself, and his future self would help him figure out how to steal the mists and make it all possible.

It was the lowest I've ever seen Pietro.
    He even tried to kill himself in it after he met Spider-Man. I, personally, think that Spider-Man got it the worst out of all that were effected in HOM. He was actually with Gwen Stacy in it and they had a child together. That was his "fake" reality created by Wanda.
    Which this all occurred because Pietro convinced her to do these things so that the Avengers and X-Men wouldn't kill her.
    The desparation would be in character for Pietro, but not...the act, I don't think.

I haven't seen Robinson do snark or funny, like Si Spurrier's Dr. Nemesis. Does anyone know if he's done that? And actually, it would be great if we FINALLY could get a writer who would let Namor remember Dr. Nemesis was a Nazi who tried to kill him and the rest of the Invaders. I still don't understand why the X-office wouldn't let anyone deal with that. Asmus even wanted to do it in his Escape From the Negative Zone arc.
    I seem to recall a story (possibly a retcon, but then everything Golden Age has been retconned to an extent) that Dr. Nemesis was manipulated into working as a fifth column agent without realizing it was happening and that when he figured it out he relented and started hunting Nazis as penance (as he was when we were re-introduced to him in Brubaker -> Fraction's X-Men). I could be wrong, but I like that version of the character history better. Signed, the guy who once started a Dr. Nemesis Appreciation Thread on the old boards. :P

He would travel to the future (still confused on exactly HOW this occurred) and meet himself, and his future self would help him figure out how to steal the mists and make it all possible.

He even tried to kill himself in it after he met Spider-Man. I, personally, think that Spider-Man got it the worst out of all that were effected in HOM. He was actually with Gwen Stacy in it and they had a child together. That was his "fake" reality created by Wanda.
    Which this all occurred because Pietro convinced her to do these things so that the Avengers and X-Men wouldn't kill her.
    The desparation would be in character for Pietro, but not...the act, I don't think.
    Yeah, the aftermath of all that sort of bothered me. I didn't care for the way everybody sort of assumed Magneto was to blame when he was just as much a victim of Pietro manipulating things to keep Wanda alive as anybody. Maybe more-so. It was a missed opportunity to to go full bore with turning Pietro into a sympathetic villain. Instead the half-hearted way that this all played out and his sort-of return to the side of the angels left me feeling pity for him, not sympathy. I haven't read him in anything for a long while . . . *sigh* I miss his antics in the old Peter David X-Factor (though I don't miss PAD's handling of Havok). Sorry this is super tangential from Namor stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Just curious, if Marvel did a Sub-Mariner movie, who would you want as Namor, and also what story line would you use?
    After watching The Hobbit: DoS, I think Lee Pace could be a contender to play Namor. After watching him play Thranduil, I think he seems able to capture Namor's smug attitude and regality quite well:

Thoughts?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

BANNED

Wow, I've completely forgotten that. I thought he was pretty much at the bottom in The Quick and the Dead.

Of course, being biased, I'd say Namor got it worse, then. Not only was Lady Dorma alive, but they had at least one grown son who went to Cap's birthday, in place of his dad. Plus, he was a respected pioneer / ally of the mutant cause, with even a memorial for him, and Atlantis was prospering.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    After watching The Hobbit: DoS, I think Lee Pace could be a contender to play Namor. After watching him play Thranduil, I think he seems able to capture Namor's smug attitude and regality quite well:

Thoughts?
    OMG. I LOVE Lee Pace! Ever since Pushing Daisies. And then The Fall. But yes! I didn't think about him playing Namor until Thranduil. Of course, he's playing Ronan in Guardians of the Galaxy so....

What's cool about that clip is that it also has Richard Armitage, who could do a decent, if vulnerable Namor.

BANNED

.....Namor was mentioned in HoM? Where? What Issue? I thought he was skipped over outside of Kitty Prydes school lessons.....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    I seem to recall a story (possibly a retcon, but then everything Golden Age has been retconned to an extent) that Dr. Nemesis was manipulated into working as a fifth column agent without realizing it was happening and that when he figured it out he relented and started hunting Nazis as penance (as he was when we were re-introduced to him in Brubaker -> Fraction's X-Men). I could be wrong, but I like that version of the character history better. Signed, the guy who once started a Dr. Nemesis Appreciation Thread on the old boards. :P
    Well, Dr Nemsis as a Nazi is a retcon too, from the Golden Age, where he was a hero. And yeah, I wasn't quite sure how they went from Dr. Death, Nazi, in the 90s Invaders series to Dr. Nemesis, Nazi fighter. And no, I"m not saying I want Dr. Death back, at all. I like the Dr. Nemesis we have now.

But let's face it. Namor might forgive, but he's not going to forget and not say a single thing to someone who tried to kill him and all the Invaders. The annoying part, is it would have a been an easy panel or two to take care, if they just wanted to handwave it. But to actually block it in a story starring Dr. Nemesis and Namor? WTF?

Yeah, the aftermath of all that sort of bothered me. I didn't care for the way everybody sort of assumed Magneto was to blame when he was just as much a victim of Pietro manipulating things to keep Wanda alive as anybody. Maybe more-so. It was a missed opportunity to to go full bore with turning Pietro into a sympathetic villain. Instead the half-hearted way that this all played out and his sort-of return to the side of the angels left me feeling pity for him, not sympathy. I haven't read him in anything for a long while . . . *sigh* I miss his antics in the old Peter David X-Factor (though I don't miss PAD's handling of Havok). Sorry this is super tangential from Namor stuff.
    I love Magneto, and I'd assume the same thing. The twist with Pietro was a good one. But wasn't there a story line in Avengers Academy dealing with Pietro that sort of addressed what you were talking about?

Yeah, I missed Namor in HoM, where was he? Which book was he in when this took place (I only read the main event no cross-overs/tie-ins/whatever-they're-calleds)?
    Poor Namor.

Are you reading PAD's current X-Factor?
    You'd REALLY love Pietro right now.
    He's just writing him SO WELL.

But, back to Namor, sorry guys!
    I won't derail this thread any longer with other character-speak, I promise! <3