Page 113 of 631 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163213613 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 9460

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    yes, i'm sure him being so closely tied to both the FF and being marvel's "first mutant" have absolutely nothing to do with it.
    I said that could be PART of it but literally the first arc of this series three years ago has Black Panther vowing to kill Namor. So it's not as though it came out of nowhere and they just dropped a bridge because of rights issues.

now let's try to steer away from the movie angle
    and also dont get too heated up in our arguments...we lost some fans here due to previous Namor BP debates IIRC..cant afford to lose more

ON THE BIRGHT SIDE...hickmans not writing him anymore indefinitely!
    this is the straw on my back tbh..
    i would say ive had enough of his crafty, cunning, pragmatic,morally dark Namor...the only time he wrote namor in a positive /heroic light qas the speech back in F4 #600
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

it is not my intention to engage in pointless fan wars with any other fan kingdoms, please don't be mistaken. for myself especially i know i have to be on good behaviour with the admins.

i am suffering the loss of my favorite marvel hero and am just expressing that grief.

i'm glad that people enjoyed this story.

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    i would say ive had enough of his crafty, cunning, pragmatic,morally dark Namor...the only time he wrote namor in a positive /heroic light qas the speech back in F4 #600
    I loved his interactions with Sue.

now let's try to steer away from the movie angle
    and also dont get too heated up in our arguments...we lost some fans here due to previous Namor BP debates IIRC..cant afford to lose more

ON THE BIRGHT SIDE...hickmans not writing him anymore indefinitely!
    this is the straw on my back tbh..
    Despite the outcome, I actually thought Namor looked good in the issue. I really did.

He admitted he'd do it again (and he SHOULD feel that way since like it or not he freaking saved the universe), but he was willing to step up and admit how wrong it was and hold himself accountable. And this was coming from Namor. I was genuinely impressed by him there.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I loved his interactions with Sue.
    i wonder how sue will react to this...

the only thing i hated about today was the manner that it was done..shouldnt it have more honor as it involved royalty of the MU?
    and why is BB involved? AFAIK namor is'nt directly responsible for anything that affects the inhumans
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

i wonder how sue will react to this...

the only thing i hated about today was the manner that it was done..shouldnt it have more honor as it involved royalty of the MU?
    and why is BB involved? AFAIK namor is'nt directly responsible for anything that affects the inhumans
    The million dollar question. BB and Namor together have played everyone for fools two or three times. I'm hoping this yet another case of that.

As for Sue, I hope she slaps BP, at the very least.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    The million dollar question. BB and Namor together have played everyone for fools two or three times. I'm hoping this yet another case of that.

As for Sue, I hope she slaps BP, at the very least.
    Because he was working with maximus?
    that doesnt mean anything now does it?
    black bolt out of everyone should know better about kings making tough decisions for the sake of their people/world

i could foresee a cw climax kinda sue (when reed was down) with reed holding her back

in the back of my mind i think namor survived (could be the denial stage of grief lol!)

cyclops and the mutants should retaliate against attilan for this.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    cyclops and the mutants should retaliate against attilan for this.
    if everyone Namor has been on "relatively" good terms with are upset by this..then the whole MU are on attilan and wakanda :P

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    I'm not surpised. But I will be waiting for the eventual writer to come in and play the reverse to BP.

For the past couple of years Namor's story and character has been used to make BP more interesting. He is the first character to even accomplish that task and I will now be shocked if he isn't used in the MCU for his eventual foil since most of his stories are to weak to stand on their own. All in all an exellent play by Marvel it's just a shame that they had to run a bus over their longest standing character to do it. Not only that but to have him die by such cowardly means...

SHM

In saying that I'm probably going to be in this thread even less. Namor has been my favorite character since I was old enough to read and their will probably be nothing but negativty coming from me on the character now. Thanks for that Marvel.
    Heh, no. Black Panther has been interesting before, and he'll be interesting after Hickman's done writing him.

On topic for the spoilers: Meh. I'm surprised Hickman actually went through with it and had T'Challa keep his word, but this doesn't mean as much positively as it would have hindered negatively if Namor had lived. (Does that make sense? Kept promise = meh, broken promise = BP fans outraged?)

It's even worse when you take into account the revolving door of life and death that is comics, which means this doesn't do much more than provide a stop-gap for an incredibly poisoned relationship between two of Marvel's best and most unfulfilled characters. Namor-first fans will be outraged or insulted by this, Black Panther-first fans will be ecstatic or overjoyed.

I'm just disappointed this is the state of the characters in 2015, and that this is the "epic conclusion" that Hickman's tale brought us. Neither Atlantis or Wakanda has come out looking the better for it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I doubt this had anything to do with the movies or at least not in the way Trident is claiming. Marvel doesn't have the film rights to Namor so it's far fetched to claim this was all done to set him up as the villain of the Black Panther movie.

It IS possible this is yet another case of Marvel trying to screw over a property they don't have film rights to, but even then they've been hinting at this for about three years now.

I will say it's a shame if this is really how it ends because I was expecting something a little more epic.
    We will have to see. But right now most of T'Challa's decent Villians aren't even fully his so I have a hard time seeing who else will be movie worthy for him.

We will most likly get Metophiso or someone like him in either Dr. Strange or BP or both. Klaw we know is coming but again more of a shared villain then just BP's. So he's out of the way not sure who else would be worthy for a franchise for villians for BP. Unless marvel is really set on the list of d-listers that he has. Shurg

We will see.

Also read my post and don't assume. I said if Namor doesn't show up I will be surpised. Not that this happen for or becaus doc the movie.

take heart, namor readers. we still have this to anticipate, so it is highly likely namor is not dead after all.

BANNED

Yes because Marvel covers always tell the truth.

likely the earth they just sealed off becomes one of the first pieces of battleworld. securing namor and thanos for the secret wars intact. surface dwellers prepare yourselves.