Page 116 of 631 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166216616 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 9460

Since namor is DEAD who rules atlantis now? or at least what's left of it..
    did'nt JH make sue storm the queen of old atlantis in F4?
    will she be queen of new atlantis too?
    i would be interesting to read if that happens
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I suspect it was the usual thing, considering who was in the ship Namor arrived in. Susan Storm.
    is this another off panel mature content namor things too? Lol!
    now i can guess why black bolt's mad..medusa must have been on it too
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Namora, would be the first in line.

Without a retcon what do you think could be done to end the cycle of violence between Namor and T'challa? If Namor survives he's likely to strike back, if T'challa survives that he's likely to get further revenge, etc, etc, ad infinitum. So what are some realistic options to end hostilities?

I'm going to co post this on BP to see if there are any mutually agreed upon solutions.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Amazing Member

Just let Namor die and use an alternate version of him?

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by celeherald View Post
    Just let Namor die and use an alternate version of him?
    No thank you. Beyond having 75 years of awesome continuous history -- the only character at Marvel that does -- it's a cheat to run a character through so much, and then not do the work to fix him.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    Without a retcon what do you think could be done to end the cycle of violence between Namor and T'challa? If Namor survives he's likely to strike back, if T'challa survives that he's likely to get further revenge, etc, etc, ad infinitum. So what are some realistic options to end hostilities?

I'm going to co post this on BP to see if there are any mutually agreed upon solutions.
    I don't think this is true. I think Namor has shown himself consistently willing to peacefully come to a resolution. I think him NOT attacking Wakanda after AvX was the first time, then not attacking when Wakanda grabbed the generals (I really don't think the Wakandan diplomats was his idea), and then offering peace to Shuri, are all proof that Namor is willing to let it go, despite what his people may or may not think.

I don't think Namor would be all that interested in retaliating against T'challa personally even. He'll trash him verbally if he ever has to work with him again. He might even beat the snot out of him, if given the chance, but he knows actually killing T'challa will probably have national consequences.

To be frank, and I've stated this before, I'd be happier if Atlantis and Namor were never used again in a Black Panther book. They get nothing from it, and consistently are treated like dirt.

Also, the more I think about it, the more I think Hickman intends for the Wakandan Diaspora to be in space.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Amazing Member

Does that extend to the Illuminati? They now have Hulk as their muscle anyway.

I don't think this is true. I think Namor has shown himself consistently willing to peacefully come to a resolution. I think him NOT attacking Wakanda after AvX was the first time, then not attacking when Wakanda grabbed the generals (I really don't think the Wakandan diplomats was his idea), and then offering peace to Shuri, are all proof that Namor is willing to let it go, despite what his people may or may not think.

I don't think Namor would be all that interested in retaliating against T'challa personally even. He'll trash him verbally if he ever has to work with him again. He might even beat the snot out of him, if given the chance, but he knows actually killing T'challa will probably have national consequences.

To be frank, and I've stated this before, I'd be happier if Atlantis and Namor were never used again in a Black Panther book. They get nothing from it, and consistently are treated like dirt.

Also, the more I think about it, the more I think Hickman intends for the Wakandan Diaspora to be in space.
    I sort of addressed this in the BP thread but, ultimately Namor and T'challa's rvialry only hurts their people (who don't get the benefit of the revolving door of superhero life/death).
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    I sort of addressed this in the BP thread but, ultimately Namor and T'challa's rvialry only hurts their people (who don't get the benefit of the revolving door of superhero life/death).
    Exactly. What's weird is Hickman actually had T'challa realize this and state it on panel, and then turns around and has T'challa kill Namor. THAT is what 'what giants do' actually means. I know most BP fans don't seem to realize it, but that phrase isn't actually a good thing.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 01-15-2015 at 01:34 PM.

Does that extend to the Illuminati? They now have Hulk as their muscle anyway.
    You mean an alternate universe Hulk? I don't read Hulk, so I'm not so concerned about how he's treated, but for me yes, I'm not too keen on replace generally.

I know that's mostly how Hickman has used Namor, but he's more than just muscle for the Illuminati.

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    Namora, would be the first in line.
    Welcome to the thread Felipe!

I agree, though Namora's refusal to return to Atlantis and her duties may be a sticking point.

Hey, wait you are from Brasil? Do you speak Portuguese? If so, can you tell us if Google Translate is right and Namor means Valentine Day Card?

Incredible Member

Exactly. What's weird is Hickman actually had T'challa realize this and state it on panel, and then turns around and has T'challa kill Namor. THAT is what 'what giants do' actually means. I know most BP fans don't seem to realize it, but that phrase isn't actually a good thing.
    One of the many problems I have with Hickman's writings. And how incredibly callous mass-casualties have become in comics.

Amazing Member

You mean an alternate universe Hulk? I don't read Hulk, so I'm not so concerned about how he's treated, but for me yes, I'm not too keen on replace generally.

I know that's mostly how Hickman has used Namor, but he's more than just muscle for the Illuminati.

Pretty sure that's all he is, they've even joked about it in their original run. Bruce Banner is also now in as Doc Green, so they have another super genius and some one stronger than Namor.

Pretty sure that's all he is, they've even joked about it in their original run. Bruce Banner is also now in as Doc Green, so they have another super genius and some one stronger than Namor.
    namor is the backbone and moral center of the illuminat.